collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW announces mountain goat removal in Olympic National Park  (Read 32794 times)

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
Re: WDFW announces mountain goat removal in Olympic National Park
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2020, 02:30:57 PM »
I just don't get the concern over this. The people who are volunteering, are basically unpaid federal employees. The goats would be killed either way. Just this way the government is saving money by using people who are willing to do the work for free. And if some people get upset over it happening- well, too bad.

And the volunteers are wearing NPS gear in this project......they ask for your sizes on the application.

Wait, you can get a free shirt out of this? I'm in! Adult Medium.

Even better.  A "safety vest".

That's going to clash with kuiu gear..

Offline AlpineMuley

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2020, 02:38:19 PM »
I’m out.  I don’t need my face in front of a camera news crew at the trail head.  This will probably hit national news.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2020, 02:55:04 PM »
I just don't get the concern over this. The people who are volunteering, are basically unpaid federal employees. The goats would be killed either way. Just this way the government is saving money by using people who are willing to do the work for free. And if some people get upset over it happening- well, too bad.

And the volunteers are wearing NPS gear in this project......they ask for your sizes on the application.

I wonder how many plans just got crushed when they found out they'll have to wear NPS uniforms on their goat hunts.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline fishngamereaper

• Old Salt
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2020, 03:00:16 PM »

I wonder how many plans just got crushed when they found out they'll have to wear NPS uniforms on their goat hunts.

I didnt see it anywhere but is there a release of liability form mixed in the paperwork.  Unless they are using the term temp unpaid "employee" very loosely.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2020, 03:06:43 PM »
I never looked that far into it.
My guess is there would be, but I don't know.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2020, 03:07:01 PM »

I'll wear a pink chicken suit the whole week if that's the requirement  :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline fishngamereaper

• Old Salt
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2020, 03:09:28 PM »

I'll wear a pink chicken suit the whole week if that's the requirement  :chuckle:

You say that but with the media agreement we would never be able to see pics for proof...so nice try.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2020, 03:30:23 PM »

I am going to put my kuiu jacket over the safety vest! problem solved oh wait I don't have a kuiu jacket :chuckle:

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2020, 03:52:12 PM »

Its not going to be when "some people" get upset its going to be when a lot of people get upset and it will be on a national level, every anti hunting group, every humane society and every enemy to hunters in this country are going to know about this and its going to happen right in the backyard of a state who's politics are already not helping us as hunters in many ways. Sorry, this state will not have us as hunters in their interest when the crap hits the fan over this, hope I'm wrong but we as a hunting community will not benefit over this and it will be used for nothing but horrible publicity against the hunting community, compounding it more (knowing this state), they will hang us out to dry on this and will not have our backs when the crap does hit the fan. As a hunter in THIS state I would not want anything to do with this, thats just me and my opinion and I really do hope I'm wrong because it is going to happen, I personally just would not want my name attached because I really don't see anything positive coming out of this for us as hunters, only negative which is the last thing we as hunters need. Theres a reason they are not using government sharpshooters and its not because they want to be "nice" to hunters or save money, its because of the hornets nest thats going to blow up and they don't want to take all the heat, they want to spread the pain and bringing hunters into the mix who already have many enemies is the perfect patsy, I repeat, I hope Im wrong, Ive just been around to long I guess, Ive seen whats happened to hunting and hunters over the past 60 plus years, heck I remember myself and family members having articles written about the deer we killed in 3 different cities newspapers in the sports sections and seeing school buses, company vehicles and family cars driving down roads with deer strapped on and people honking and giving thumbs up. Fellas, those days are gone unfortunately, this has nothing but bad written all over it for us as hunters.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 05:00:07 PM by bigmacc »

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2020, 03:53:42 PM »
Guys applying should not only consider the terrain involved, but the backlash this venture will create.

Considering the region we live in, this won't go over well with a lot of people, and a lot of them live within a few hours drive of these trail heads.

People are crazy.  Some more than others, especially when animals are involved.

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2020, 05:16:27 PM »
I like those areas on the topo that look shaded brown
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2020, 05:21:33 PM »

Its not going to be when "some people" get upset its going to be when a lot of people get upset and it will be on a national level, every anti hunting group, every humane society and every enemy to hunters in this country are going to know about this and its going to happen right in the backyard of a state who's politics are already not helping us as hunters in many ways. Sorry, this state will not have us as hunters in their interest when the crap hits the fan over this, hope I'm wrong but we as a hunting community will not benefit over this and it will be used for nothing but horrible publicity against the hunting community, compounding it more (knowing this state), they will hang us out to dry on this and will not have our backs when the crap does hit the fan. As a hunter in THIS state I would not want anything to do with this, thats just me and my opinion and I really do hope I'm wrong because it is going to happen, I personally just would not want my name attached because I really don't see anything positive coming out of this for us as hunters, only negative which is the last thing we as hunters need. Theres a reason they are not using government sharpshooters and its not because they want to be "nice" to hunters or save money, its because of the hornets nest thats going to blow up and they don't want to take all the heat, they want to spread the pain and bringing hunters into the mix who already have many enemies is the perfect patsy, I repeat, I hope Im wrong, Ive just been around to long I guess, Ive seen whats happened to hunting and hunters over the past 60 plus years, heck I remember myself and family members having articles written about the deer we killed in 3 different cities newspapers in the sports sections and seeing school buses, company vehicles and family cars driving down roads with deer strapped on and people honking and giving thumbs up. Fellas, those days are gone unfortunately, this has nothing but bad written all over it for us as hunters.

There is only one "humane society" as far as anti hunting groups.  The HSUS.  they have absolutely no relation to your local "humane societies" that run snimal shelters.  They just use that name for their org to con people out of money, make them think theyre donating to animal shelters, when theyre really just giving money to an anti hunting litigation group.

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2020, 05:43:01 PM »

There is only one "humane society" as far as anti hunting groups.  The HSUS.  they have absolutely no relation to your local "humane societies" that run snimal shelters.  They just use that name for their org to con people out of money, make them think theyre donating to animal shelters, when theyre really just giving money to an anti hunting litigation group.

Yep and the HSUS and their supporters(Hollywood types, antis and the Twitter nation) will be right in the thick of this, bad joo-joo for hunters folks if we partake in this, bad joo-joo.... :twocents:

Offline Aginor

• Tracker
  • https://caltopo.com/m/B201
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2020, 06:04:33 PM »
Anyone want to form a group with me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m in!

For real, if anyone wants to form a group I've hiked 1,700 miles in Washington in the past two years including about 500 in Olympic National Park. I'm very familiar with the area

https://caltopo.com/m/B201

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 07:01:21 PM by Aginor »

Offline Aginor

• Tracker
  • https://caltopo.com/m/B201
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2020, 07:10:20 PM »
I wanna know how many people are going to pass up shooting nannies and kids on a search for a booner billy.

I'm planning on going in there with a Nemo Omen and shooting everything white that moves.

I'm fairly white though and I move  :o

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal