collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kodiak Canvas flex bow  (Read 18331 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Kodiak Canvas flex bow
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2020, 09:14:55 AM »
There’s a 10x10 for sale on the Facebook marketplace

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2020, 07:40:53 PM »
After reading this and 92s thread, I decided I need one and everyone is sold out!   Looks like my next purchase though...

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2020, 08:42:39 PM »
I picked up a like new “used 2 times” 10x10 from a guy in town today. 250.00
I usually sleep in my canopy but with all the chatter from y’all I figured I’d give it a go.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline 92xj

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2020, 08:59:38 PM »
You guys should love them.
Between all my backpack hunting and the 1.5 years of owning a Travel trailer, I haven't been in mine much lately and the unsolicited offers for my Kodiak are starting to sink in a little.  I might be talked out of mine soon, which I'm sure I will regret when/if that right offer comes in.
Enjoy the flexbow gentlemen.
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2020, 09:41:59 PM »
Between all my backpack hunting and the 1.5 years of owning a Travel trailer, I haven't been in mine much lately and the unsolicited offers for my Kodiak are starting to sink in a little.  I might be talked out of mine soon, which I'm sure I will regret when/if that right offer comes in.

Doesn’t hurt to keep it around but it may hurt to see it go!

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2020, 10:40:25 PM »
What do you all recommend for upgraded stakes? I was thinking to make my own either with long lag bolts or the mondo nails and weld some washers on them. I am open to buying them if there is some good recommendations.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2020, 09:10:03 PM »
What do you all recommend for upgraded stakes? I was thinking to make my own either with long lag bolts or the mondo nails and weld some washers on them. I am open to buying them if there is some good recommendations.

https://monkindustries.com/products-page/forged-head-12/
These are the ones I found years ago, that are great. I have recommended them and know of at least 8 folks that have upgraded to them with no complaints.

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2020, 09:12:53 PM »

Doesn’t hurt to keep it around but it may hurt to see it go!

I concur and that is why it and the woodstove are still in the garage. The thought on a late November Idaho whitetail hunt is what keeps it in the garage. I think I'd rather have the Kodiak with woodstove than deal with the travel trailer in the snow if and when I do that hunt.

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2020, 09:22:41 PM »
Not sure why folks are recommending replacing the tent stakes for their flex bow, the ones I have and use have served me well without any problems approximately 1/4 inch diameter 11 inches long.
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline 92xj

• Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2020, 09:51:44 PM »
Not sure why folks are recommending replacing the tent stakes for their flex bow, the ones I have and use have served me well without any problems approximately 1/4 inch diameter 11 inches long.

I bent the factory ones the first time I set the tent up in rocky soil and hammering them in, that's why.

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2020, 10:43:49 PM »

I bent the factory ones the first time I set the tent up in rocky soil and hammering them in, that's why.

I also bent some of the factory stakes in rocky soil. Got some of the huge nails (no washer/friend in the railroad) and they’ve worked well when needed. 

So are these really hard to get now?
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2020, 08:08:25 AM »

I also bent some of the factory stakes in rocky soil. Got some of the huge nails (no washer/friend in the railroad) and they’ve worked well when needed. 

I ordered mine beginning of last week and supposed to be free 2 day shipping. Have gotten two emails now that my order has been delayed and I can cancel it or continue to wait. If it takes 60 days or longer it will be automatically cancelled. This was from Cabelas/Bass Pro
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2020, 09:15:59 AM »

I ordered mine beginning of last week and supposed to be free 2 day shipping. Have gotten two emails now that my order has been delayed and I can cancel it or continue to wait. If it takes 60 days or longer it will be automatically cancelled. This was from Cabelas/Bass Pro

That's standard protocol for Cabelas/Bass Pro. I've experienced that before. They're more than happy to take your money and then tell you after the fact that you may or may not get what you ordered.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2020, 09:17:36 AM »

That's standard protocol for Cabelas/Bass Pro. I've experienced that before. They're more than happy to take your money and then tell you after the fact that you may or may not get what you ordered.

Even buying directly from Kodiak there was over a month delay too...
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2020, 09:25:18 AM »
I buy quite a bit from Cabela's/Bass Pro because of the points I get at work.

Just like what the other guys said... Happens all the time.  They're definitely not my favorite retailer to work with, and I always try to buy direct if the price is the same.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]