collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kifaru pack question  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Hunter mike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Kifaru pack question
« on: March 03, 2020, 08:03:40 PM »
So in my ever evolving next pack search, I'm getting interested in Kifaru packs.  They seem like the erector-set option of the higher end packs. 

My question:  are most of the older Kifaru pack bags floating around out there adaptable to the newest frames and vice-versa.  It seems like anecdotally I've seen a lot of switching around of components etc. from my research online.  I see a lot of used stuff for good deals and it would be nice to eventually have a couple of bags for different situations along with some pockets etc.

Are there any incompatibilities between systems I should be aware of? 

Thanks!

Offline ellensburgpo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, NWTF
Re: Kifaru pack question
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 08:05:53 PM »
I may be wrong but I believe that any of their bags will work with any of the frame models. Designed to not make stuff incompatible. I have one. Really like it but there’s no way I’d buy new with as many used options are out there. YMMV
KCCO

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.
Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Kifaru pack question
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 08:46:17 PM »
I also believe that all of their bags work on all of their frames. Some of the smaller ones seem to fit differently on terms of where they ride on different sized frames maybe, but they all work. I have one too and agree, sooooo many used options out there that can be found in brand new condition.  All of mine was purchased used also.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Hunter mike

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 08:49:41 PM »
Thanks for the info!

Where is the best source for finding used Kifaru gear?  I see some on here occasionally but few and far between.

Offline 92xj

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 08:52:48 PM »
Rokslide
Kifaru insider on facebook
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline CastleRocker

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 06:54:09 AM »
I run a "Frankenpack", because I can never quite find that "one" pack.  Currently it's a Kifaru Frame, and an EXO k2 5500 bag with some Stone Glacier internals.  I also have an SG x-curve frame with an MR bag that I like.  As others have said...buy it used on a forum.  There are some smokin' deals out there at times.  Heck, I got my SG setup (very nearly new) off Craigslist, for less than half of what it was six months before.  The receipt was still in the box.
Work to live, don't live to work.

You can educate away ignorance, sober up drunkenness, but you can't fix stupid.

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 04:50:48 PM »
Rokslide is where I have bought most of my used Kifaru stuff. Some smoking deals pop up on there here and there. Tons of Kifaru info on there as well.

Offline bigdub257

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF;Ducks Unlimited
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 07:09:18 PM »
Rokslide is where I have bought most of my used Kifaru stuff. Some smoking deals pop up on there here and there. Tons of Kifaru info on there as well.

:yeah:

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 08:38:55 AM »

X2
Be careful of the kifaru it will suck you in and you won't be able to stop buying it's stuff 😆
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline Reinsurance shooter

• Tracker
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2020, 05:08:39 PM »
As a guy who owns a longhunter original “duplex” as well as two newer generations (hunter duplex and duplex lite) ... the two newer ones are fully compatible.  The longhunter original duplex has different tab loops on the frame.  It takes some mods to get newer bags to attach correctly. 

Happy to share some pics on the difference of you shoot me a pm.

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2020, 05:29:21 PM »

X2
Be careful of the kifaru it will suck you in and you won't be able to stop buying it's stuff 😆

Their gear holds up beyond belief, customer service is second to none and 100% made in the USA. I use the mountian warrior bag but add/subtract pockets and smaller bags to my set up depending on what kind of hunting im doing. Pretty awesome to have that kind of flexibility.

Offline Cascade

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2020, 05:55:52 PM »
2 years ago I bought a used mt warrior off a fellow hunt-wa guy.  I then bought a brand new frame from Kifaru which like everyone has already said is compatible.  My advise is to stay away from Rokslides classified unless you want to go down the rabbit hole and buy all kinds of add ons!  😂😂  I’m not even sure I will use half the stuff I bought!  I just wish had spent the money yrs ago.  Packing a moose out with a badlands 2800 isn’t any fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Reinsurance shooter

• Tracker
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 11:34:55 AM »
Totally agree with cascade... tons of gear to add on can be bought but the key was just having a kifaru pack over other mid market brands. To each their own and the higher end packs all have a following but each of the three generations have worked great for me. 

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal