collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kapowsin and Eatinville open but NOT White River???  (Read 12842 times)

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Kapowsin and Eatinville open but NOT White River???
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2020, 09:25:29 AM »
What exactly do you believe you paid for? 

I'm one hundred percent certain that your recreational access permit allows you to do certain specific recreational activities in exchange for a trespass fee.  What you payed for is limited/restricted access to someone else's land when it doesn't adversely effect the timber business that land was originally acquired for.
Trespass fee??  What the hell are you talking about??  How would it effect their timber industry??  Good lord man...
When you pay an individual/corporation to access their land it's a trespass fee.
Never heard that in my life... I'm not trespassing so  :dunno:

Edit:

I looked up the term and it is not a "trespass fee" .  Not that it matters what someone calls it I suppose.  The Hancock permit doesn't fall into the definition however.
Well there's no legal definition of it in WA, so not sure how you looked up the "term." When you pay someone to access their land that would otherwise be off limits to you it's a trespass fee, it's been mentioned in just about every hunting magazine out there.
GOOGLE the term for the definition.

Riddle me this Big Tex.... Why is the term "trespass fee" NEVER been mentioned on any piece of the documentation packet  Hancock provides when buying the permit??
I did GOOGLE it! The first thing that pops up is: "What is a trespass fee? At the simplest, a trespass fee is a charge to access property on which to hunt. It's usually a per day, per hunter (or gun) fee. Trespass fees are common in places like South Dakota where many hunters are there to freelance, or hunt on their own, without the assistance of an outfitter."

Just because YOU don't like the term, doesn't mean that's not what it is. The vast majority of people know when they are paying to access timberlands it's a trespass fee. Timber companies can call it whatever they want, but it's a trespass fee.

“Usually a per day...”

Case... closed. Thanks for making my point.

And.... MANY buy the permit and dont hunt so....  there is that too boyo.

What is also odd that NO ONE calls it that except for a couple cats on a forum that more than likely have never stepped foot on Hancock managed land.
Rookie mistake.....

Offline gutsnthegrass

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2020, 09:37:06 AM »

I'm one hundred percent certain that your recreational access permit allows you to do certain specific recreational activities in exchange for a trespass fee.  What you payed for is limited/restricted access to someone else's land when it doesn't adversely effect the timber business that land was originally acquired for.
Trespass fee??  What the hell are you talking about??  How would it effect their timber industry??  Good lord man...
When you pay an individual/corporation to access their land it's a trespass fee.

Edit:

I looked up the term and it is not a "trespass fee" .  Not that it matters what someone calls it I suppose.  The Hancock permit doesn't fall into the definition however.
Well there's no legal definition of it in WA, so not sure how you looked up the "term." When you pay someone to access their land that would otherwise be off limits to you it's a trespass fee, it's been mentioned in just about every hunting magazine out there.

Riddle me this Big Tex.... Why is the term "trespass fee" NEVER been mentioned on any piece of the documentation packet  Hancock provides when buying the permit??
I did GOOGLE it! The first thing that pops up is: "What is a trespass fee? At the simplest, a trespass fee is a charge to access property on which to hunt. It's usually a per day, per hunter (or gun) fee. Trespass fees are common in places like South Dakota where many hunters are there to freelance, or hunt on their own, without the assistance of an outfitter."

Just because YOU don't like the term, doesn't mean that's not what it is. The vast majority of people know when they are paying to access timberlands it's a trespass fee. Timber companies can call it whatever they want, but it's a trespass fee.

“Usually a per day...”

What is also odd that NO ONE calls it that except for a couple cats on a forum that more than likely have never stepped foot on Hancock managed land.

Settle down Rookie.  We all know why the owners of the property shut it down.  It was only a matter of time once they bought the land.  It will be raped and void of animals in just a few short years.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2020, 09:54:18 AM »
"He who has the most gold makes the rules" is what I was told.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2020, 10:30:37 AM »

Edit:

“Usually a per day...”

You're own words are hurting you. The definition I provided said "usually" usually is not definitive, in fact Hancock sells day permits and annual permits.

Well Rookie I've been on every Hancock managed access land with an permit for access in WA. In fact, I even patrol some of these Hancock areas. But hey what do I know, I've only enforced trespass laws in WA for 3 decades.

You can call it whatever you want. You'd be charged with a crime of trespass if you didn't have the permit. If it makes you feel good to call it an access permit have at it, I'm done with this pointless conversation.

Offline Rookie24

• Tracker
  • Groups: fun
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2020, 11:56:23 AM »

Edit:

“Usually a per day...”

You're own words are hurting you. The definition I provided said "usually" usually is not definitive, in fact Hancock sells day permits and annual permits.

Well Rookie I've been on every Hancock managed access land with an permit for access in WA. In fact, I even patrol some of these Hancock areas. But hey what do I know, I've only enforced trespass laws in WA for 3 decades.

You can call it whatever you want. You'd be charged with a crime of trespass if you didn't have the permit. If it makes you feel good to call it an access permit have at it, I'm done with this pointless conversation.

So we agree the Hancock is not a trespass fee... good. Glad we came to this agreement.

Since you are such an expert on the area and such.... why do YOU think WR is shut down right now??
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:02:16 PM by Rookie24 »

Offline Rookie24

• Tracker
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2020, 11:59:31 AM »

Edit:

“Usually a per day...”

Settle down Rookie.  We all know why the owners of the property shut it down.  It was only a matter of time once they bought the land.  It will be raped and void of animals in just a few short years.

Mucks shut it down because they dont REALLY want us up there... for sure.  Agree on that point.

Dont agree on the animal pop though... the deer hunting is better now than it ever has been and I dont see why it would change.

Offline gutsnthegrass

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2020, 12:44:04 PM »

Edit:

“Usually a per day...”

So we agree the Hancock is not a trespass fee... good. Glad we came to this agreement.

Since you are such an expert on the area and such.... why do YOU think WR is shut down right now??

Damn, full of piss and vinegar for a new guy!  Nobody is calling you a trespasser, Its just called a trespass fee.  Have a drink and settle down.

Offline Rookie24

• Tracker
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2020, 12:50:10 PM »

Edit:

“Usually a per day...”

Damn, full of piss and vinegar for a new guy!  Nobody is calling you a trespasser, Its just called a trespass fee.  Have a drink and settle down.

Yeah... im RILED  :chuckle:

Never said anyone was calling me a “trespasser”... LOL

Its not a trespass fee... just as simple as that sport.

Im a alcoholic so... not appropriate.

Offline Buckhunter24

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2020, 12:58:16 PM »
It is a trespass fee.

Offline Rookie24

• Tracker
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2020, 01:07:37 PM »
It is a trespass fee.

Nope... thanks for adding your thoughts though ace  :tup:

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2020, 01:11:08 PM »
 :hello: I'm just here to watch the train wreck.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2020, 01:14:51 PM »
No argument from me on the subject, just a statement of fact.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2020, 01:30:55 PM »
:hello: I'm just here to watch the train wreck.
I won't walk, I'll run away!

Offline Rookie24

• Tracker
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2020, 01:36:36 PM »
No argument from me on the subject, just a statement of fact.

May need to look up the word “fact” bud.... 

Offline Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2020, 01:38:51 PM »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal