collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Shrimp?  (Read 10345 times)

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
Re: Shrimp?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2020, 07:58:55 PM »
Here ya go.
Where did you find this info?

My source is confidential. But highly knowledgeable and connected to the sport season setting process.

Online Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2020, 08:12:04 PM »
Here ya go.

My source is confidential. But highly knowledgeable and connected to the sport season setting process.

Shanequa is back from quarantine!
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline fishngamereaper

• Old Salt
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2020, 08:17:31 PM »
Here ya go.

No she's still isolating. She doesn't deal in shrimp anyway. She's to busy trying to figure out how to mess with us during the permit draw waiting game.

Online Mfowl

• Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2020, 08:25:33 PM »
Here ya go.

No she's still isolating. She doesn't deal in shrimp anyway. She's to busy trying to figure out how to mess with us during the permit draw waiting game.

She had plenty of time to cook up her sceems! We could be in for a doosie this year!  :chuckle:
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2020, 08:42:17 PM »
Here ya go.

looks like we have the same source.
i was coming to share this but you beat me to it.
thursday for the sound, plan accordingly fellas and have fun.

Online Mfowl

• Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2020, 09:07:06 PM »
 :tup: Thanks for sharing!
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2020, 08:41:10 AM »
WDFW released the dates last night, boy I'm glad I have a very flexible schedule and feel sorry for the guys who actually have to work for a living.

Online Mfowl

• Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2020, 09:12:41 AM »
I don't know what crack smoker set these seasons but it is pretty lame! I won't be bothering with the sound at all.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline RB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2020, 01:12:25 PM »
I don't know what crack smoker set these seasons but it is pretty lame! I won't be bothering with the sound at all.

:yeah:

8-1, 8-2, 9, 10, 11 all have a one day, six hour season, not very conducive for a guy to go get shrimp! I know it is great to have a chance, but I bet a lot a people will not be able go because of the timing.
IAFF #3728

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2020, 01:31:44 PM »
It makes sense because they limited the wakeboarding where you can only go on Thursday and closed it on Saturday, same with the trails and other things.....wait, it's only fishing.   :dunno:

Shrimping is a subset of fishing which is a small subset of the population yet WDFW treats it like we are zombies walking around trying to eat brains.  They should be more worried about the crowds at Lowe's today then the boat launch.  I bet every Lowe's in the state has 200 people for every one person launching a boat to go fishing and they have to go through the same door and checkout line.

Offline acrocker

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF, DU, NRA
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2020, 08:21:06 PM »
8-1 and 8-2, along with the rest of the Sound, have traditionally had two days - a Saturday and a Wednesday. Now, we get one Thursday. Are the shrimp numbers down, or do they just expect that many more people to be out due to people not working?

Online Mfowl

• Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2020, 08:36:13 PM »
8-1 and 8-2, along with the rest of the Sound, have traditionally had two days - a Saturday and a Wednesday. Now, we get one Thursday. Are the shrimp numbers down, or do they just expect that many more people to be out due to people not working?

I expect they are trying to discourage participation since the PS season can bring such big crowds to the launches. And with many furloughed or working from home there stands a chance for even bigger crowds.

I have long thought that a license holder should be allotted an appropriate amount from each fishing zone and given the month of May to fish at their leisure vs being forced to jump when WDFW says so. In addition there should be stiff penalties for those who try to take advantage. I have thought this for halibut too. Seems every year a boat or two capsizes/sinks and people potentially die because they are willing to take unnecessary risks given the limited window of opportunity. On top of that, throw in the launch fights and long lines. It really diminishes what should be an enjoyable experience.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2020, 09:45:43 PM »

I expect they are trying to discourage participation since the PS season can bring such big crowds to the launches. And with many furloughed or working from home there stands a chance for even bigger crowds.

I have long thought that a license holder should be allotted an appropriate amount from each fishing zone and given the month of May to fish at their leisure vs being forced to jump when WDFW says so. In addition there should be stiff penalties for those who try to take advantage. I have thought this for halibut too. Seems every year a boat or two capsizes/sinks and people potentially die because they are willing to take unnecessary risks given the limited window of opportunity. On top of that, throw in the launch fights and long lines. It really diminishes what should be an enjoyable experience.
well said, short windows make for desperate people making stupid decisions!

Offline fishngamereaper

• Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2020, 05:47:27 AM »
Unfortunately the way the state estimates catch rate they will never give us fish when you want opportunities for shrimp and halibut. Although on line reporting would be a reasonable solution. But since they rely on fly overs to count boats they want us all lumped to together to make their job easier. The seasons don't make much sense this year other than trying to reduce participation. Although they do schedule around extreme tides and their are some tribal season days mixed in.

If you really want to get pissed look into why Marine area 4 isn't going to open for bottom fish on Tuesday with the rest of the coastal marine areas.... :bash:

Online Mfowl

• Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2020, 06:44:42 AM »

If you really want to get pissed look into why Marine area 4 isn't going to open for bottom fish on Tuesday with the rest of the coastal marine areas.... :bash:
[/quote]

I assume it is because the tribes are blocking it but I don't know where to find the proper info. Please share if you have a link.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU