collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Our fur  (Read 1080 times)

Offline ibuyre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, SAF
Our fur
« on: May 06, 2020, 07:19:25 PM »
So new trapper hear. I didn't catch much in my first year. But got a few and sent them to Moyle and mink and just got back my little box of joy. OMG these furs look and feel so nice. :). I was on the fence if I would trap anything but problem critters, but wow, these PNW furs are nice. I am so hooked. I want to make a beaver and muskrat blankets and hmmm I don't know what else. But I am saving my pelts, and even toying with the idea of buying some furs to get it done faster. When I see the sad prices that some things are selling for. So IM me if you want to sell a few, I might be interested. It looks like it's cheaper to buy some pelts than the gas and time to catch them. That's just wrong. I am just really taken with this fur. It's NICE.... lol sorry just stating what I am sure everyone hear already knows, but I am new to this and was just shocked how nice it is.

Offline Loup Loup

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
  • Groups: WSTA, ITA, Intermountain Fur Harvesters, F4WM
Re: Our fur
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 07:36:26 PM »
You sound like a kid on Christmas morning! Ha ha. Glad for you and glad the finished fur exceeded your expectations.

Offline ibuyre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, SAF
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 08:24:01 PM »
Yep, guilty as charged. If anyone has never sent any off and seen what the finished product is like. You should. Especially if they are only paying you less than $10 for a beaver or $3 for a mink or muskrat (I am in shock at the prices that I see posted as what things sell for... cause looking at the finished product, that's messed up and just wrong, and I know the work that goes into getting them and because DAM a tanned beaver hide is nice, and could make a lot of really cool things. It isn't cheap getting them tanned, but just, I am happy :).

Offline Loup Loup

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
  • Groups: WSTA, ITA, Intermountain Fur Harvesters, F4WM
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 08:29:51 PM »
I agree with your thoughts on adding value to your fur. Like you, I have sold no raw fur this year. I will sell tanned fur.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal