collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sammamish, cliff notes for dummies please  (Read 4643 times)

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
Sammamish, cliff notes for dummies please
« on: May 20, 2020, 08:17:13 AM »
Coming from Lale Stevens which launch would you suggest.  I'd like to maybe head that way soon....  @Dan-o and give it a shot for kokes, cutts, and maybe if I had good intel some crappie. Online I see I have options but have never fished it. Suggestions and advice welcome.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Sammamish, cliff notes for dummies please
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 08:29:14 AM »
Pretty sure there's only one public boat launch on Sammamish
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 08:32:49 AM »
Launch at the State Park ramp if its open. If not, Vasa Park off W Lk Samm Pkwy. Fish cutts around the weather station mid lake or even in front of Issaquah Creek. Crappies in the sunken forest. Do not run you boat through the sunken forest at high speed! Its mid lake on the S side. Fish bass and perch virtually anywhere along the docks. "The Thing" (underwater pipeline) runs from Timberlane Park to Vasa Park on the S side. N end of the lake has lily pads and pilings. Everything in the lake should be feasting on salmon smolts right now, matching the hatch will get you bit.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline stlusn30-06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: Wildlife Committee of Washington, BHA
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 08:40:03 AM »
Launch at the State Park ramp if its open. If not, Vasa Park off W Lk Samm Pkwy. Fish cutts around the weather station mid lake or even in front of Issaquah Creek. Crappies in the sunken forest. Do not run you boat through the sunken forest at high speed! Its mid lake on the S side. Fish bass and perch virtually anywhere along the docks. "The Thing" (underwater pipeline) runs from Timberlane Park to Vasa Park on the S side. N end of the lake has lily pads and pilings. Everything in the lake should be feasting on salmon smolts right now, matching the hatch will get you bit.

:yeah:
“There are people in my life who sometimes worry about me when I go off into the fields and streams, not realizing that the country is a calm, gracious, forgiving place and that the real dangers are found in the civilization you have to pass through to get there." - Gierach

Online Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 08:48:48 AM »

:yeah: :yeah:
Everything mfoul said is spot on, do heed his advise about bombing thru the sunken forest, also for cutts trolling in front of Alexanders resort is a good bet (yes im that old, remember watching the drag boat races there), its now homes but it is basically directly across from Issaquah creek. Used to fish for bass on the North end in the pads just up from the ski jump.. (gone also)  :(
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline h20hunter

• Legend
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 09:01:38 AM »
 :tup: :tup: :tup:

Offline Mfowl

• Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 09:01:40 AM »

:yeah: :yeah:
Everything mfoul said is spot on, do heed his advise about bombing thru the sunken forest, also for cutts trolling in front of Alexanders resort is a good bet (yes im that old, remember watching the drag boat races there), its now homes but it is basically directly across from Issaquah creek. Used to fish for bass on the North end in the pads just up from the ski jump.. (gone also)  :(

Ahhh the good ol days! I remember the ski jump in front of Camp Sambica along the thing! Somewhere I have some old pics of a stringer of cutts with that ski jump in the background.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 04:24:57 PM »
Coming from Lale Stevens which launch would you suggest.  I'd like to maybe head that way soon....  @Dan-o and give it a shot for kokes, cutts, and maybe if I had good intel some crappie. Online I see I have options but have never fished it. Suggestions and advice welcome.

@h20hunter

Let me check my calend......   I'M IN!
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline J.Brower

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 09:02:17 PM »
There are some dandy fish to be had! One of my all time favorite fisheries. Brads cut plugs, wedding rings with worms behind a dodger, and needlefish spoons in the 2.5-3” size are my go-to setups for cutts in sammamish.  Weather buoy, infront of the creek, and the next point on the south side past the weather buoy (don’t know the name of it) are my starting locations, 1.5-2.0 mph is the zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline h20hunter

• Legend
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 09:05:28 PM »
Thanks! Planning on a quick cabelas trip to upsize a few pieces of gear. Dano and I are gonna give it a go. Can we run two rods per?

Offline h20hunter

• Legend
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 09:07:01 PM »
Doesn't look like it....

Offline Mfowl

• Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 09:19:09 PM »
@J.Brower

Great cutt! That is a seriously nice fish for Samm. Usually Lk Wa is for the big fish and Samm is for volume. Well done!
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 09:31:37 PM »
There are some dandy fish to be had! One of my all time favorite fisheries. Brads cut plugs, wedding rings with worms behind a dodger, and needlefish spoons in the 2.5-3” size are my go-to setups for cutts in sammamish.  Weather buoy, infront of the creek, and the next point on the south side past the weather buoy (don’t know the name of it) are my starting locations, 1.5-2.0 mph is the zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a pretty fish!
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline MooseStock

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2020, 12:50:03 PM »
Do you have to pinch your barbs in Sammamish?....wasn't sure about that after even looking at the regs online....it seems like there was some reason to because of salmon/kokes or something but just not sure....Thanks.....Les

Offline Mfowl

• Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 12:57:39 PM »
Barbless is not required. There used to be a chinook fishery in the fall that may have been, I don't recall. That fishery has not happened for a couple years due to low returns.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull