collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Incubator possibly too dry and birds are stuck in egg  (Read 8625 times)

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Incubator possibly too dry and birds are stuck in egg
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2020, 09:54:11 PM »
Giving me PTSD thinking about hatching bobwhites. They way they all hatch out at once and need to be taught to eat/drink...then they are trying to kill each other within half a day.  Don't miss the pheasants and bobwhites  :chuckle:
Totally understand that!! Bobs are terrible aggressive! Will hatch a few hundred most likely. Only a hundred or so ring necks, but another hundred ornamentals.

Got a few eggs going now, chicken, quail, chukar, pheasants.......

I have the exact same set up except I only have the clear door on my hatcher.  The quail are hatched, I'm working on some chukar now.   ;)

Great to hear Old Dog!! should have a few hundred chukar too. Just starting the gamebirds. Did about 500 chickens so far, about done with them for the year, need the brooder space! Lol.

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: Incubator possibly too dry and birds are stuck in egg
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 11:23:15 AM »
Thanks to all of you for chiming in.  I have a lot of learning to do in this arena.  Sounds like you all have a lot of passion for doing this.  I first just did it as a surprise to my wife because she kept saying she had to wait for the next batches to come in to our local CO-OP and I figured I'd give it a try.

Finishing up my new Chicken Coop with room now to do this out there and not in the house so that should make things a little easier.  We don't have much room to raise the chicks once they hatch in the house and the mess that those little buggers make is amazing.  The scale that some of you are talking about just amazes me that you can crank out that many chicks in a season.  Best of luck with the next batches and much appreciated with the stories and constructive feedback!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]