collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Once in a Lifetime Deal - House on Decatur Is  (Read 1864 times)

Offline lokidog

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Once in a Lifetime Deal - House on Decatur Is
« on: May 21, 2020, 10:43:53 AM »
So, as much as I have loved living on Decatur Island, I have to sell it.

The important stuff - I will share all of my deer hunting contacts, I will include fishing/shrimping locations, shrimping and crabbing gear included, 12' Livingston included with an old 10 hp Johnson, 10' sailboat, at least one vehicle (2000 GMC Sierra), miscellaneous shop tools, maybe my riding mower.

Work/money making opportunities - I mow a dozen or more lawns that will need to be continued when I leave + the big one, $11K-15K a year if you have or buy an open bow, preferably aluminum boat at least 19', bigger is better to a point (this would be a continuing gig with a research group one or two days every other week for a large part of the year and allow you to write off boat costs and expenses).

The not as important....  ;)  Three bedroom one and a half bath on five acres with 864 (24X36) square foot shop and garage with a covered carport, attached greenhouse (might be turned into a dining room), lots of space for an apple orchard (have about 50 trees to plant), huge fenced garden space with some raised beds and a chicken coop with covered run area. There is a well with lots of water and a gravity septic system. The roof on each building is in good condition.

As-is $285K  It has some stuff that needs to be done, new deck, clean up other deck, exterior paint, landscaping, shop needs to be wired. The yard will, of course, be cleaned of debris. There are lots of misc. building materials including nice wood windows salvaged from a house in the ritzy neighborhood that can be used in the house.

Price will increase as I get stuff done on it. I would also be willing to work out continuing to help as I am a licensed contractor.

The house address is 183 Bowers Road

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 04:20:51 PM by lokidog »

Offline stlusn30-06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: Wildlife Committee of Washington, BHA
Re: Once in a Lifetime Deal - House on Decatur Is
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 11:03:02 AM »
Are you saying that to make this purchase, you have to agree to mowing other people's lawns? As in this is a locked in service, that must maintain  continuity under new ownership?
“There are people in my life who sometimes worry about me when I go off into the fields and streams, not realizing that the country is a calm, gracious, forgiving place and that the real dangers are found in the civilization you have to pass through to get there." - Gierach

Offline lokidog

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 03:44:12 PM »
Are you saying that to make this purchase, you have to agree to mowing other people's lawns? As in this is a locked in service, that must maintain  continuity under new ownership?

No, it is a potential income source as is the research fishing.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 03:57:41 PM »
 I hope everything is okay loki!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline lokidog

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 04:18:20 PM »

Thanks for your concern. Yes it is. When my son hit HS age, he and my wife moved up to Sultan for him to go to school and her to teach in a bigger classroom than the one-room schoolhouse could provide here. My work (and play  ;) ) has continued to be out here. My son will graduate HS (Running Start) in just over a year. Last winter, when visiting my parents in WI, she started looking at property prices just out of curiosity and discovered they are crazy cheap. She has always liked the bright winters when we have visited, even with the cold, so started looking for a place. We ended up buying a small farm just north of Wausau, two hours from my parents and an hour and a half from 400 acres of prime hunting land that they own in a different location. Our plan is to sell the island house so that we can move out of WA. We have renters in the new place as of June 1 so we are not distressed about selling and I will continue to work on things that I have neglected over the last 14 years here while working on everyone else's stuff.

Offline KFhunter

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • My posts do not reflect an official opinion of HW
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 04:31:19 PM »

Thanks for your concern. Yes it is. When my son hit HS age, he and my wife moved up to Sultan for him to go to school and her to teach in a bigger classroom than the one-room schoolhouse could provide here. My work (and play  ;) ) has continued to be out here. My son will graduate HS (Running Start) in just over a year. Last winter, when visiting my parents in WI, she started looking at property prices just out of curiosity and discovered they are crazy cheap. She has always liked the bright winters when we have visited, even with the cold, so started looking for a place. We ended up buying a small farm just north of Wausau, two hours from my parents and an hour and a half from 400 acres of prime hunting land that they own in a different location. Our plan is to sell the island house so that we can move out of WA. We have renters in the new place as of June 1 so we are not distressed about selling and I will continue to work on things that I have neglected over the last 14 years here while working on everyone else's stuff.

HW work party!  do some workin, do some fishin... 

Offline Widgeondeke

• Frontiersman
  • US Army Infantry 91-98
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 04:47:11 PM »
How much just for the contact info for deer huntin' and fishin locations ? I might be able to afford that   :chuckle:

If only i could work from home and make what i make now. it'd be a done deal

Good Luck

Offline b0bbyg

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 05:09:13 PM »
Hope you find a young go-getter to jump on this deal.

Offline lokidog

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 10:19:39 PM »

HW work party!  do some workin, do some fishin...

:chuckle:

Bumpy bump.  38" released yesterday.

Offline lokidog

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2020, 10:46:51 PM »
Bump, price will start going up, deck replacement to commence soon.

:hello:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bear tooth age lookup wdfw? by BlackBellyHumpBack
[Today at 12:52:21 AM]

2020 bears by dmoua
[Today at 12:00:13 AM]

Tacoma Cerakote by dreadi
[Yesterday at 11:43:23 PM]

Play Free: Hunting-Washington $100 Monthly Lotto! by northwesthunter84
[Yesterday at 11:43:19 PM]

No Kettle Range tag holders? by MtnMuley