collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WA Trapper Education Exam Now ONLINE!  (Read 8405 times)

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
Re: WA Trapper Education Exam Now ONLINE!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2020, 08:18:29 PM »
It shows up on my WDFW login
Heck ya good enough for me as long as I can buy my trapping licence I'm golden ,I really don't care about the email.
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2020, 09:07:46 PM »
Thanks for posting that, mine showed up on my wdfw account too, trapping license purchased!

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2020, 08:33:37 AM »
Its amazing how much that little "schedule a proctored exam at a WDFW location" kept people out of this.  I hope you're all as excited to get into this as I am!

Now, to make some bobbie pillows!

On a more serious note, I'm mostly interested in furs for myself.  Does anyone have any great/easy-ish tans?

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2020, 08:52:54 AM »
I'm glad to see these online courses, we should be able to recruit more hunters and trappers into the outdoors!  :tup:

I'm wondering if other states will honor this trapping course?

I don't believe any State accepts a trapper certification from another State. Not hard to understand when the laws from State to State vary so much.

I will just add that it is very nice having the convenience of the on-line course but about all new trappers would benefit from attending the class. We spend about half the class on how to trap and handle fur, something you don't get on-line.
Join us at our Summer Rendezvous and you will take the next step in trapper education.
You're welcome at one of our classes too whether you need the the certificate or not.

OK thanks for the info. I still have my last WA license from when we could use all types of traps, not sure if that allows me to buy a WA license again or not, but I'm more interested in trapping wolves in Idaho anyway. That requires the wolf class and I think a regular trapping class too? I'll double check with IDFG if I have time to follow through with doing it. My son has been dabbling, he caught his first wolf this winter, I would sure like to help eliminate a few more.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline predatorpro

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2020, 09:01:29 AM »
Its amazing how much that little "schedule a proctored exam at a WDFW location" kept people out of this.  I hope you're all as excited to get into this as I am!

On a more serious note, I'm mostly interested in furs for myself.  Does anyone have any great/easy-ish tans?
I dont think there is such thing as an easy tan. After all the work of catching one, skinning it and putting it up, you should probably send it to somewhere like Moyles. There would probably be a good amount of trial and error doing it yourself and if its “easy” than it probably isnt going to be a very good tan. 

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2020, 09:25:23 AM »
I'm glad to see these online courses, we should be able to recruit more hunters and trappers into the outdoors!  :tup:

I don't believe any State accepts a trapper certification from another State. Not hard to understand when the laws from State to State vary so much.

I will just add that it is very nice having the convenience of the on-line course but about all new trappers would benefit from attending the class. We spend about half the class on how to trap and handle fur, something you don't get on-line.
Join us at our Summer Rendezvous and you will take the next step in trapper education.
You're welcome at one of our classes too whether you need the the certificate or not.

OK thanks for the info. I still have my last WA license from when we could use all types of traps, not sure if that allows me to buy a WA license again or not, but I'm more interested in trapping wolves in Idaho anyway. That requires the wolf class and I think a regular trapping class too? I'll double check with IDFG if I have time to follow through with doing it. My son has been dabbling, he caught his first wolf this winter, I would sure like to help eliminate a few more.

If you have ever had a trapping license or passed the trapping class in WA you are good to go. No proof need be presented, WDFW archives those records.
I believe the same applies in ID. They haven't required a trapper education class for long so if you had a license before the class was required you are grandfathered in. Wolf trapping class is needed though if you wish to trap wolves.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline greenhead_killer

• Sourdough
  • Groups: wsf life member, wsta, mdf, sci, sscf
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2020, 09:34:22 AM »

I dont think there is such thing as an easy tan. After all the work of catching one, skinning it and putting it up, you should probably send it to somewhere like Moyles. There would probably be a good amount of trial and error doing it yourself and if its “easy” than it probably isnt going to be a very good tan. 
i would highly recommend just sending to moyles. I tried the self tan last year just to see the whole process. Feel like I wasted two furs. Cool experience but for cost and quality, send it out. You’ll be much much happier

Offline DJ_Mack

• Scout
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2020, 11:47:21 AM »
Thanks so much for posting this!! Just completed the test! Also have passed this along to a handful of people to complete. 🇺🇸💯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2020, 06:32:45 PM »
And I received the e mail today with my printable card.  I'm good to go!

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2020, 08:44:31 PM »
Got mine today as well.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline pashok23

• Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2020, 09:32:02 PM »
Got my card 2 !!!

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2020, 09:33:16 PM »
Just took the test and passed tonight. I think the class would have helped me get a better score. I’m sure the class will help me be a better trapper. Probably going to sign up for a class when they open back up.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Redstar

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/Makerneer/
    • Makerneer
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2020, 09:27:55 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! I read the pamphlet this week, took the test today and passed!
Need a thing-a-majig? I can help!

3D printing, CNC routing and machining, Laser cutting and engraving, Vinyl cutting, Metal work, Woodwork, custom shirts, a bit of everything!

Now featuring a large format CNC router capable of 4' x 16' and gigantic 3D printing capacity of 16 cubic feet, yes you read right cubic feet!

Checkout more of what I'm up to here https://www.makerneer.com/blog

Offline greenhead_killer

• Sourdough
  • Groups: wsf life member, wsta, mdf, sci, sscf
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2020, 11:07:20 AM »
its awesome they have the set up online, but i would strongly encourage you guys that are thinking about actively getting into trapping to take an actual class. youve already got the license, but the amount of knowledge you can glean in the class setting is invaluable. it will greatly expedite your learning curve.

glad to see so many new people signing up. crazy that it was just a class day that was keeping you all out of it  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline Trapper John

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Life member of: WSTA, NTA, ITA, NRA also member of FTA, F4WM
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2020, 08:38:49 AM »

Yes if you want to trap in Idaho anything including wolves you need to take both classes.  Here is the problem, as of right now there are NO CLASSES for either class and they are not sure if any will be put on this year becaise of the Virus stuff.  Keep checking back on their website for any update.
JC

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter