• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Re: [Draw
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 03:52:39 PM »
When is the deadline to pur in

21st
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 03:52:50 PM »
2 days ago

Offline Katmai Guy

• Retired
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 04:27:17 PM »
Oops
"Keep shootin, when there's lead in the air, there's hope"

Offline Don_D

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
    • NA
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 07:17:41 PM »
It was originally the 18th and they pushed it to the 21st. I wonder why they pushed it out this year. I haven't noticed that in the past but maybe I just wasn't paying attention...

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 07:19:53 PM »
It was originally the 18th and they pushed it to the 21st. I wonder why they pushed it out this year. I haven't noticed that in the past but maybe I just wasn't paying attention...

My guess is they extended it because people were bitching about the paper regs being late.

Offline Don_D

• Past Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • NA
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 08:34:45 PM »

My guess is they extended it because people were bitching about the paper regs being late.

That makes sense, it didn't cross my mind cause I use the .pdf for about everything these days.

Offline Greg Mullins

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 11:09:16 PM »
May 18 2021 😀

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 05:26:50 AM »
My guess is they saw the low number of applications coming in and decided to extend it to the 21st. Follow the money. This is the year my 14 Bull points will get me a tag. :IBCOOL:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 05:44:01 AM »
Don't bet your check on it
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline muleyslayer

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • I'd rather be hunting.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 05:49:05 AM »
My guess is they saw the low number of applications coming in and decided to extend it to the 21st. Follow the money. This is the year my 14 Bull points will get me a tag. :IBCOOL:
I also have 14 bull points. I have like 1.5% odds of drawing, but someone has to draw

Offline nwmein199

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2020, 05:52:52 AM »

The meat eater podcast was saying for Montana and Idaho this year they have had record hunting licenses/tag sales and odds were going to be bad this year for drawing things. Just guessing that would be the same across the west.

Maybe they extended the deadline because of covid and staff availability or the sales have been so good they didnt want to stop that revenue stream?  :twocents:
I'm guessing draw odds are the same this year as every other if not worse

Offline cb1989

• Tracker
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2020, 07:09:37 AM »
The meat eater podcast was saying for Montana and Idaho this year they have had record hunting licenses/tag sales and odds were going to be bad this year for drawing things. Just guessing that would be the same across the west.

Maybe they extended the deadline because of covid and staff availability or the sales have been so good they didnt want to stop that revenue stream?  :twocents:

Heard Steve's walked back a bit from all the hunter recruitment stuff he'd been pushing for so long. Hits closer to home when your own trailheads are crowded, no matter how much money you're making off it. Hunter recruitment only works if you're adding habitat and opportunity, and we certainly aren't doing that. Not by a long shot.

Offline villajac29

• Hunter
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 10:27:45 AM »

Rocky Mountain Elk Special Tags in Washington are down to 438 this year compared to 508 last year. The 10 year average is 1255 so yes the odds will be down big time this year :chuckle:

Offline Limhangerslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2020, 11:01:31 AM »

Rocky Mountain Elk Special Tags in Washington are down to 438 this year compared to 508 last year. The 10 year average is 1255 so yes the odds will be down big time this year :chuckle:
just call them elk, it will save you a lot of typing. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal