collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Best cell trail camera  (Read 2026 times)

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Best cell trail camera
« on: May 25, 2020, 07:54:36 AM »
Looking for advice on cellular trail cams. I bought one spartan that worked great until it didn’t. It’s a really good camera but the updates and everything a little too complicated for me. I bought 5 SPYPOINT link micros and already 2 are not working. Super simple too set up and good price but they haven’t been reliable for me at all. I really care only about 2 things SIMPLE!! (Technology handicapped) I get frustrated with technology so I just have to have simple. Second is reliability. Picture quality, battery life etc I am not super concerned with. The cell cameras for running baits is amazing time saver but I need a simple to use reliable camera. I was looking at new exodus Render camera ? Anyways trail cam experts please weigh in !! I only want cell trail cam got lots of regular ones

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Best cell trail camera
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 09:11:40 PM »
I bought a Moultrie Verizon model in December and I am very happy with it. I am not a tech guy by any means but got it set up and working. That said we have four bars of service at our place so that really helps. Started with 100 pics a month, as weather improved the game increased, I was able to upgrade from my couch via my phone to 800 pics a month. The cell pics are good the actual ones off the disk are much better. Have taken over 500 pics and batteries still read full, again checked from home. If I can find another sale I will buy a couple more.

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 05:35:31 AM »
I bought a Moultrie Verizon model in December and I am very happy with it. I am not a tech guy by any means but got it set up and working. That said we have four bars of service at our place so that really helps. Started with 100 pics a month, as weather improved the game increased, I was able to upgrade from my couch via my phone to 800 pics a month. The cell pics are good the actual ones off the disk are much better. Have taken over 500 pics and batteries still read full, again checked from home. If I can find another sale I will buy a couple more.

Thanks will check out. With birds and everything I am gettin 500 pictures a day on baits :chuckle: thanks for info

Online Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 11:28:58 AM »
One of the things I LOVE about the Spartans is you could set the trigger speed to change during the day, like from 0500 to 1900, one photo every 30 minutes and then from 1900 to 0500 a photo every 30 seconds.  That way you only get a few crow and raven shots during the day...but you might actually miss something as well.  With the Spypoint Link you have to remember to log in to the site or app and manually change them in the morning and then back again in the evening.  Bit of a PITA.  So far both of my Links have worked well, except when the one was mauled by a bear and chewed off my antenna.  One thing I did, not sure if it helps or not, but I have it send me photos every 2 hours, so it's not trying to send 500 at one time.  I'd like to try a couple of the others myself, like the Cuddeback and the Moultrie.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline hal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 08:43:51 AM »
STEALTH CAM: Cheap (2 for $79)
They have two preset programs and one to set a custom program. I have tried other cams both expensive and cheap. None better. We run 10 cameras with NO issues throughout the year.
Don't waste your money on expensive. They are NOT worth the money.

Offline idaho guy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 11:56:40 AM »
STEALTH CAM: Cheap (2 for $79)
They have two preset programs and one to set a custom program. I have tried other cams both expensive and cheap. None better. We run 10 cameras with NO issues throughout the year.
Don't waste your money on expensive. They are NOT worth the money.

Is it a cell camera that will send pics?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]