collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Work boots  (Read 1965 times)

Offline jdb

• the illustious potentate
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
Work boots
« on: May 25, 2020, 07:42:40 PM »
I’ve worn keen Pittsburgh for a number of years. They’re a good boot, I’ve got flat feet and I’ve suffered from plantar fasciitis in the past so I have to be careful with my feet and the keens work well for the me but they’re kind of expensive. I’m wondering what everyone else wears?
nuke the gray whales for jesus!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Re: Work boots
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 08:29:13 PM »
 Danner Rainforest
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline simondude

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 08:48:40 PM »
I've had good luck with the thorogood American heritage boot.

Offline trapp01

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 09:16:23 PM »
I got flat feet and work on concrete all day. I wear a danner bullrun wedge sole. They’re a strait leather boot which helps if your feet get hot but ain’t worth a damn if it’s wet out.

Offline Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 10:16:36 PM »
What kind of work do you do? Indoor, flat surfaces? Outdoor in the elements? I had a pair of Cat (like the heavy equipment) fabricators boots that were great for all around indoor/outdoor use. Though they are meant for hard flat surfaces. I'm in a pair of Georgia Athens I bought on a budget currently. They have been solid though, comfy and dry.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline hughjorgan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 11:01:22 PM »
Redwings for the past 10 years. Great boots and customer service. Some of there boots can be rebuilt.

Offline EmeraldBullet

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 12:14:35 AM »
Redwings for the past 10 years. Great boots and customer service. Some of there boots can be rebuilt.

I second the Red Wings. Wear them every day.

Offline Jpmiller

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 06:39:16 AM »
Danner super rainforest, out in the muck and mud most days and with a little maintenance I get two to three years of solid use at work and the woods out of them. Pretty much all ive used on my feet for the past 15 years. Not cheap though.

Offline kramman

• Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 07:50:46 AM »
If the keens work don't switch up even if pricey. With having foot issues myself it took me years of going through different boots before I found one that works for me. I personally wear nothing but danners. They have a 1 year guarantee and I beat the crap out of them. Dont change what works, ESPECIALLY with having problems with your feet.

Offline C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 09:10:13 AM »
I rotate daily between Nicks & Whites...
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

Offline stlusn30-06

• Hunter
  • Groups: Wildlife Committee of Washington, BHA
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 09:35:51 AM »
I’ve worn keen Pittsburgh for a number of years. They’re a good boot, I’ve got flat feet and I’ve suffered from plantar fasciitis in the past so I have to be careful with my feet and the keens work well for the me but they’re kind of expensive. I’m wondering what everyone else wears?

If you have feet issues don't go cheaper. At $185 these are at the lower end of what some would call expensive boots. Every reply in this thread so far is more expensive. As the old saying goes you spend 90% of your life on you feet or on your back. Invest heavily in a good mattress and good boots. It might seem insane, and could just be plain ol' out of reach, but if you can go custom/rebuildable your feet and back will thank you. C-Money mentioned Nick's and Whites. JK Boot and Wesco are a couple other PNW options. They'll set you back $500-$500, but (after break in) will be the most comfortable boot you've owned. Will be custom built to your foot, and will be rebuildable. Long term, cost of ownership comes out cheaper.
“There are people in my life who sometimes worry about me when I go off into the fields and streams, not realizing that the country is a calm, gracious, forgiving place and that the real dangers are found in the civilization you have to pass through to get there." - Gierach

Offline washingtonmuley

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 10:41:59 AM »
I wear the Danner Kinetic gtx everyday at work and love them. I walk 6-7 miles a day inside and outside at work in rain and snow with no issues. Great boot for around $150!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal