collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Weyehauser Pe Ell south (walk-in)  (Read 1454 times)

Offline RustyNail

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Weyehauser Pe Ell south (walk-in)
« on: May 27, 2020, 11:37:03 PM »
Just got the permit for Weyehauser. Sadly had to settle for a non-motorized permit.  The 350 Motorized permits that were left sold out in 3 seconds. What's the best road to walk in off of to go elk hunting? First time getting a Weyehauser permit. Thanks for the help!

Offline SteelheadTed

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Re: Weyehauser Pe Ell south (walk-in)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 10:49:06 AM »
Weyerhaeuser permits have been tough this year.  My guess is more people are staying home and hunting WA due to economic uncertainties.  The permit I normally get also sold out in minutes and I missed out.  It has always been available in the past for a few days after it first goes on sale.  I'm still bummed I didn't get it.  I've gotten to know the area so well and I have a real good idea where the elk hang out.

I was lucky and got a Pe Ell South vehicle permit.  I'll be mostly starting from scratch in there so I couldn't tell you if there is good walk-in hunting near the gate. If it's like other nearby Weyerhaesuer properties it may be tough to find elk near gates.  If I were you I'd get a mountain bike (if those are allowed with a non-motorized permit) and get back in further.

Best of luck.  I'd be happy to exchange phone numbers and we could help each other pack if either gets an animal.
I know I've lost it, let me know if you come across it

Offline birdstew

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Hunter
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 08:28:24 PM »
Sent PM

Offline TikkaT3-270Shortmag

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 12:30:34 PM »
I just made a fb book page feed free to add yourself.  Unfortunately I won't add people that dont have the permit.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/948265882295441/

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal