collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Okanogon County camping  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Bwana Bob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA
Okanogon County camping
« on: May 31, 2020, 08:25:35 AM »
Is camping now allowed on game dept, state and federal lands in Okanogon county? I plan on doing some camping next week

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Okanogon County camping
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 08:29:58 AM »
State land is open except in established campgrounds ( have to keep social distancing) LOL Understand that FS land is going to open soon.
That said it apparently doesn't matter to all those that are filling up the campgrounds over here.
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 03:16:00 PM »
The only camping that is legal right now is dispersed camping at undeveloped sites in the national forest. Like Jingles said, I bet that’s gonna change real soon. Nothing on state land at all yet.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 04:38:29 PM »
Can’t you just set up a tent in any city park and be untouched?

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 05:14:44 PM »
You can camp on National Forest lands. I'm not sure about other federal land but I'm pretty sure it's the same. This is from the Okanogan National Forest website:

Can I disperse camp?
Currently, dispersed camping – or camping other than at a developed campground - is allowed, provided an area or specific dispersed site closure is not in effect. Some larger more developed dispersed camping sites are closed. Please delay travel to outdoor destinations as much as possible. We’ll be here ready for you when it’s much safer for all of us. The Forest is supporting Governor Inslee’s Executive Order that directs people to stay home except for essential travel.
If a hiker or other recreational user gets into trouble response times will likely be longer since local emergency responders (many of whom are volunteers) are also under the Executive Order unless necessary or exempted. Emergency responders are also focusing on keeping their local communities safe.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/okawen/alerts-notices/?cid=fseprd721599&width=full

We camped for three nights last week in Chelan county, in a county RV Park. It was completely full, not one vacant spot. The state park campgrounds were still closed to camping but open for day use. Some state parks in certain counties are opening June 1st. I think it's only the counties that are in phase 2. I don't think Okanogan is one of those. But I think there's a good chance they'll go to phase 2 the first week of June. Here's a link that shows which state parks will open on June 1st:

https://parks.state.wa.us/1181/Parks-opening

Check with private campgrounds in the area you want to camp. Some may be open. Or just do the dispersed camping thing on National Forest or BLM.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 05:27:34 PM by bobcat »

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 07:18:15 PM »
We dispersed camped in Olympic National Forest last weekend and about a mile away from where we camped there is a developed campground that has about 10 sites.  It was kind of funny, the campground was "self opened" by a bunch of campers...  The flagging was torn down and almost every site was full.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal