collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tree stand practice questions  (Read 4676 times)

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: Tree stand practice questions
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 01:26:46 PM »
 :chuckle: :chuckle:

MUCH better than waking up on the way down!!
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 01:30:30 PM »
I have a really steep bank I shoot down off of into a round bale, might be a good idea to "hang" a stand on a tree at the top of the steep bank and shoot out of it..but the stand will be at ground level almost

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2020, 02:16:03 PM »
I appreciate all the input. 

My motivation to build tree stands came after purchasing an expensive climber, and discovering how little room to sit, stand, move in any fashion or comfort.  Since I'm putting them on my property, my construction perimeters are what is feasible for me to do.  I started off with 6' diameter wire spools attached to tree and supported from ground.  I've discovered a recliner lawn chair takes too much room, so I'm building seats to attach to tree.  This gives me much more flexibility in moving around on the stand.
I'll confess the harness wasn't used during the construction phase.  :rolleyes:  Would have been too many lines to keep control over.  I will be using the harness anytime I use the stands.

Anybody interested in building their own, I can give some good input on the process and minimal equipment needed.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal