collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Thompson Center Thunderhawk  (Read 8552 times)

Offline elkaholic_74

• PETA = people eating tasty animals
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Thompson Center Thunderhawk
« on: April 11, 2009, 11:35:45 PM »
Im not very familiar with muzzleloaders and a friend of mine is considering purchasing a used TC Thunderhawk .50 cal. The gun appears to be in good condition showing little sign of use it has a synthetic stock and blue barrel. If anyone is familiar with this rifle could you tell me what you think of it and roughly what you think it would be worth?

Thx
If you dont like guns...DONT BUY ONE!!

Online Dansk

• Scout
Re: Thompson Center Thunderhawk
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »
TC's are great- simple and reliable.

Price?  I think you can find used TC inlines for $100-200.  I bought a new inline TC .54 system 1 in stainless from cabelas for like $150 a few years back.  They go cheap when phasing out prior year's models.

I would offer $100 maybe?  Others prob. have more accurate estimates...

Offline elkaholic_74

• PETA = people eating tasty animals
  • Hunter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 10:39:10 PM »
I appreciate the info and I passed it along..Thank you!
If you dont like guns...DONT BUY ONE!!

Offline Sneaky

• Savage
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 07:18:12 PM »
I have a .54 thunderhawk that I got brand new shipped to my door from cabelas 99.99. Offer 75 dollars. Great little gun, has never failed me, crappy sights though. Replace cheap plastic with some good iron sights and you'll have a gun that rivals some of the 300-400 dollar inlines.

Offline sss5358

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »
Im not very familiar with muzzleloaders and a friend of mine is considering purchasing a used TC Thunderhawk .50 cal. The gun appears to be in good condition showing little sign of use it has a synthetic stock and blue barrel. If anyone is familiar with this rifle could you tell me what you think of it and roughly what you think it would be worth?

Fantastic rifle. I shoot a .54 with 90 grains of 777 (FFF) and a 350 grain precision rifle Keith nosed sabot.  I have had many successes throught the years both Elk and deer. One shot one kill is the standard. I tried a TC Black Diamond but can't get the consistancy shot to shot that my Thundehawk gives. I bought it new in 1995 and it is still my main rifle. Go for it.

Thx

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal