collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: ITS ABOUT TIME "POUGE 233"  (Read 2509 times)

Offline kkc66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • her kitty,kitty
    • KEN CRAM
ITS ABOUT TIME "POUGE 233"
« on: June 11, 2020, 07:50:08 AM »
Finally after 8 years I just drew my quality late modern rifle mule deer hunt for  POUGE 233.Now just counting the days!! does anyone have any photos of  bucks out of this unit?   
Grill it, fry it, smoke it or just eat it raw

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
Re: ITS ABOUT TIME "POUGE 233"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 08:37:50 AM »
Pray for snow! Both my brothers drew one year apart. The first brother got a foot of snow and him and his buddy shot big bucks. The next year was hot with no weather and ended up with a 2 point😬. It will be a fun hunt :tup:
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 04:26:50 PM »
Awesome, congrats
You sure you know how to skin griz pilgram

Offline kkc66

• Hunter
  • her kitty,kitty
    • KEN CRAM
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 08:37:30 AM »
We had good weekend!
After applying 9 years for this late quality modern fire arm Mule deer Buck hunt Nov 1st-20th in the Pouge unit #233 Out of Omak, WA. I was selected in the year of the COVID-19. I started applying for this hunt 9 years ago after talking to a local WA outfitter/guide and owner Jerrod Gibbons from Okanogan Valley Guide Service at the Puyallup SPORTSMENS SHOW jgibbons@okanoganlleyguideservice.com.after   I decided from the start that I was going to have Jerrod Gibbons help me with this hunt due to my very too limited vacation time from work and the 30,000 acres of private land that he leased for his clients. And that back in 2012 I drew an any white tail buck tag for the late NOV hunt in the same unit with only preference 1 point and then tag out with 155 “buck on the first day. On NOV 1 Jerrod gave me a call to let me know that thing where really warm still and that he was only seeing small local bucks and that I should we should wait a few days or Intel some weather came in. The Following week I decided head up and start me hunt because the temps dropped down to 28 degrees and the rut was starting to kick inland it was a weekend so no vacation time was needed. On Saturday my first day of hunting we saw 1 l 4 point buck up on a skyline (to small) and a lot of smaller bucks and does I pass on them all and it was still sunny warm out. At end of day 1 I told Jerrod that I will need to head home on Sunday by 3pm if the weather stays warm so I don’t have to use a unneeded vacation day when the Migration was not really kicking off yet because of now snow and I needed all my extra vacation time due to a vacation I booked with my wife over a year ago. He said no problem but let’s try again Sunday mooring.  Then talk a bought next week then. Sunday 11/8/2020 we left at his hunter VRBO cabin @ 5:15 WITH THE TEMP at 29 degrees and the wind blowing over 30mph with every  frozen . A BIG CHANG FROM YESTERDAY. We started glassing a valley at daylight and seen 3 small bucks a few does. After watching   this for 2 ½ hours we took a short walk up a ridge line where he had a bling set up for his upcoming late archery hunt in 2 week. The blind was set overlooking a draw on an old Migration route used in the past by some big bucks  we decided to spend the last few hours sitting in it do to the wind and  he told me more of his hunting & fishing stories @ 9am I look to my right and there it was a solo BIG BUCK coming down the trail  following a doe . I TOOK one look at and said shooter. Jerrod Gibbons told me to hold on that he was not going anywhere and BREATHE.BREATHE AND RELAX (LOL).  We watched this buck for 5min as I got set up and steady and we talk. HE asked me a few times if I was sure that this was the buck I wanted because we had next weekend if needed to hunt with maybe snow by then, And that he/we thought this was a very nice buck not the 30” RECORDED buck I was wishing or looking for but a very nice tall 24” dark heavy mass buck that would score over if not close to 160. I SAID YES and that was the biggest buck I’ve ever seen when hunting. Then I took the shoot at 50/60 yards. Dead dear and was bigger than I thought he has a green score of 164 ½ and the hanging weight of 263 pounds with lots of fat on him. This is my biggest buck every. I can’t say enough good things a bought Jerrod Gibbons and Okanogan Valley Guide Service with all the hard work & effort he put in helping  me with this buck of a life time, Jerrod is a friend for life and ill use I s guided services again  without thinking twice about it.  He starts his late archery hunt in 2 weeks and he told me he has 2 open spots due to cancelations he received last week from out of state hunters. 
Grill it, fry it, smoke it or just eat it raw

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 08:41:33 AM »
Yup, yup.   Keep posting!  :chuckle:

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 08:44:02 AM »
Congratulations! :tup:  Lets see some pictures!
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline arrowflinger

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/ChasingWildCreatures
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 09:35:58 AM »

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 09:38:20 AM »