collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Oregon Draw  (Read 10481 times)

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Oregon Draw
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2020, 11:59:39 AM »
First year applying but still will be out tagging along with co workers in the fall whether I draw or not! Really like how much deer, elk, and antelope are around these parts of Oregon!

Offline ShaneTyTrey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Is there anything better than hunting?
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2020, 10:12:35 AM »
Yep, I'm in for Oregon draws as always.   Based on the seed numbers compared to my app numbers I have zero chance of drawing anything this year.  Which is fine, I have my usual OTC archery elk spot.  I bought my WA multi-season deer tag and drew a muzzy anterless deer tag in WA, so no Oregon OTC deer for me this year as I'll spend most the free time trying to fill a deer tag, when I'm not elk hunting both states.    Attached seed numbers for Oregon, should anybody be interested in checking against your app number.  Draw starts at the seed number and goes up from there.  Same seed number is used in both the 75% preference points and 25% random draws.
How did you get this information?  Surprised it can be released early like this.

Offline High Climber

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 04:33:08 PM »
Yep, I'm in for Oregon draws as always.   Based on the seed numbers compared to my app numbers I have zero chance of drawing anything this year.  Which is fine, I have my usual OTC archery elk spot.  I bought my WA multi-season deer tag and drew a muzzy anterless deer tag in WA, so no Oregon OTC deer for me this year as I'll spend most the free time trying to fill a deer tag, when I'm not elk hunting both states.    Attached seed numbers for Oregon, should anybody be interested in checking against your app number.  Draw starts at the seed number and goes up from there.  Same seed number is used in both the 75% preference points and 25% random draws.
Any more info on this seed number thing? Never heard of it

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2020, 04:40:35 PM »
Any more info on this seed number thing? Never heard of it

Here's how the draw works
Each application purchased is assigned a random 7-digit number. They will be viewable on June 2nd.
Members of the public are invited to ODFW headquarters to randomly choose a 7-digit draw seed number for each hunt series. (Call 503-947-6108 to participate in the drawing.)
Applicants for each hunt are grouped by preference points and first-choice hunt selected.
Tags are awarded in each preference point group beginning with the applicant whose 7-digit number matches, or is closest to and above, the seed number. The selection continues with the applicant having the next higher 7-digit number, until 75 percent of the tags have been awarded or until all first-choice applicants have received tags.
All remaining first-choice applicants are rearranged solely by 7-digit random number and the remaining 25 percent of tags are awarded randomly among all first-choice applicants for the hunt.
If there are tags left, the process restarts for second-choice hunt applicants. (Preference points are not a factor for awarding 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th choices.)
Any applicant who failed to draw their first-choice tag is awarded a preference point for the next year’s draw; the point will appear in the system on January 1 of the following year.
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline samdubs1

• Tracker
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2020, 05:39:24 PM »
I'm a 30% disabled veteran but I'm not a resident of Oregon. Dose the free hunting and fishing license apply to non residents?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

CNELK i know Idaho gives you the same privilege even for non resident disabled American Veteran. I just found it reading through their regs and emailed them a copy of my VA letter and they updated to resident/youth costs for license and tags.
Retired crusty old Senior Chief USN

Offline CNELK

• Scout
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2020, 06:28:08 PM »
I'm a 30% disabled veteran but I'm not a resident of Oregon. Dose the free hunting and fishing license apply to non residents?

CNELK i know Idaho gives you the same privilege even for non resident disabled American Veteran. I just found it reading through their regs and emailed them a copy of my VA letter and they updated to resident/youth costs for license and tags.
I can be wrong but I believe it is a minimum of 40% VA disability for Idaho and I have 30%

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2020, 10:43:41 AM »
Just went in to check and the controlled hunt tab option is gone. Guessing they are running the draw now

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2020, 10:58:30 AM »
Just went in to check and the controlled hunt tab option is gone. Guessing they are running the draw now

Won’t even let me log in now. Definitely something brewing.

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2020, 10:59:20 AM »

Won’t even let me log in now. Definitely something brewing.

Old man had the same issue and there is an error message when you go to controlled hunt tab through the points tab

Offline Ricochet

• Longhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2020, 11:29:54 AM »
 Yep, access denied through the points tab, let the 53rd try be a charm, come on bighorn tag!  :tup:
It is not my duty to validate your delusions.

Offline Ricochet

• Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2020, 11:38:04 AM »
Sure is depressing to see the "No hunt wins in 2020" on that page every time you check.  Can't we have "Drawing hasn't taken place yet" for my mental health?

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2020, 11:42:23 AM »
Sure is depressing to see the "No hunt wins in 2020" on that page every time you check.  Can't we have "Drawing hasn't taken place yet" for my mental health?

No kidding! My old man called all bummed out and I told him I didn't think the draw had been run based on points not changing and the error message

Offline Ricochet

• Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2020, 11:54:34 AM »
Tabs are now back to the way they've been for weeks, maybe they did a trial run this morning.  :dunno:

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »
Tabs are now back to the way they've been for weeks, maybe they did a trial run this morning.  :dunno:

Online it says the 20th which is a Saturday so who the heck knows

Offline BUTTER

• Scout
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2020, 12:11:59 PM »
Just hoping for a premium tag that would work for me

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]