collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Washtucna Youth any deer tag help  (Read 3319 times)

Offline jhouckwsu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Washtucna Youth any deer tag help
« on: June 16, 2020, 06:49:38 AM »
lurked around here a long time, but finally got a reason to post something.  Son drew an any deer tag for Washtucna  GMU's 139,142,284,381.  I see lots of feel free to hunt / register / reserve to hunt land we could easily get a doe on, but wondering if anyone knows someone that would like to help a young man, 11 yoa get a decent buck for his FIRST EVER DEER.  Probably gonna be tough as they made the tag for Oct 17-27, (same as modern) :bdid:.  but I thought I would try  asking here for ideas.  We would be willing to call in sick to school and come mid week if necessary  :P and I would love to get a chance at one too, but the boys tag comes first.  If it helps, I spent 4 years of my late teens / early 20's in gods country there at WAZZU, I just spent too much time drinking bush light on the weekends to go make friends with the farmers. :bash:  and while we aren't popular now with many, I am Deputy with a W. side S.O so despite what many are saying right now, we will be responsible and respectful to any land we are on.   Thanks

Offline ShaneTyTrey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Is there anything better than hunting?
Re: Washtucna Youth any deer tag help
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 07:10:39 AM »
There are deer every where, you should have no problem feeling the tag.  My youngest drew it the last 2 years (but not this year).  Hopefully he can shoot one of those large 2 points that kills the genetics.  Good luck.

Offline bustedoldman

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
  • TEAM Potbelly Stallions
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 07:38:41 AM »
PM me closer to hunting season and i'll help you out, but it should be a cake walk plenty of large 2pt's running around and does all over. I have a 2nd deer tag for there as well.

Offline jhouckwsu

• Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 07:58:02 AM »
PM me closer to hunting season and i'll help you out, but it should be a cake walk plenty of large 2pt's running around and does all over. I have a 2nd deer tag for there as well.
  Thanks, will do.  And yes can find large 2 points with the best of em it seems

Offline jhouckwsu

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 07:59:26 AM »
There are deer every where, you should have no problem feeling the tag.  My youngest drew it the last 2 years (but not this year).  Hopefully he can shoot one of those large 2 points that kills the genetics.  Good luck.
  Preach... it seems as if that is all I see when go hunting around Eburg.  I guess they are over there too...

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 08:07:15 AM »
Shouldn't be hard my daughter drew as well.  We've hunted,it the last couple of years shouldn't be a problem.

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 11:13:52 AM »
Should have not problem finding a big two point anywhere.  Also, don't trust OnX when it come to Whitman county. 
A bad day out hunting is better than a good day at work!

Offline jhouckwsu

• Pilgrim
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 02:11:58 PM »
Should have not problem finding a big two point anywhere.  Also, don't trust OnX when it come to Whitman county.

what's wrong with OnX over there?  I used it in Dayton / Walla Walla and it was great.

Offline TC_outdoorsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 02:53:16 PM »
My 10 year old son drew the tag also and is hoping to get his first deer. It should be fun, I am looking forward to it. I welcome any help as well finding access. I do have a boat & onX and have identified several potential areas.

Offline Blacktail seeker

• Pilgrim
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 03:38:27 PM »

what's wrong with OnX over there?  I used it in Dayton / Walla Walla and it was great.

Whitman county still uses paper records for landownership so OnX doesn’t have landowner info for there.

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 01:11:57 PM »

Whitman county still uses paper records for landownership so OnX doesn’t have landowner info for there.
:yeah: What I am saying is OnX just doesn't show everything that you can hunt.  So dig a little deeper than it doesn't show that it is public.
A bad day out hunting is better than a good day at work!

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 02:31:18 PM »

:yeah: It also shows some ground as state ground that definitely is NOT. We found out the hard way.
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline HookedOnQuack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2020, 08:51:00 PM »
my son also drew that tag this year, maybe we could get a group going to try and help all these youth fill their tags? we have got permission from a few landowners but only for does as they lease their ground out for the bucks. Heading over again in a couple weeks to knock on some more doors, if anyone that has had the tag before has any inside info id gladly accept it!

Offline metlhead

• Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2020, 12:00:31 PM »
Bit of a hijack, but I also have been looking at Onx at the region east of Washtucna south of hwy 26, and cannot get any landowner info, just a redirect. Any help? Looks like some interesting bird hinting country to explore

Offline HookedOnQuack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2020, 09:01:46 PM »
Bit of a hijack, but I also have been looking at Onx at the region east of Washtucna south of hwy 26, and cannot get any landowner info, just a redirect. Any help? Looks like some interesting bird hinting country to explore

its excellent bird hunting ground but its very hard to get permission as most of the farms have their repeat hunters. Luckily my brothers father in law lives down that way and helps run combine during the harvest in exchange for hunting priviledges!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]