collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who's hunted Green River 485?  (Read 22484 times)

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: Who's hunted Green River 485?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2020, 01:44:50 PM »
Seems like it would be October 24-30. I actually didn't apply for Green River this year because of the October 17-23 season that was listed, because I had plans to take my daughter for mule deer in eastern Washington the first weekend of deer season, which of course opens October 17. So I applied for Mudflow which had a November season, and drew it. First time I hadn't applied for Green River in probably at least ten years. The dates for deer in Green River is October 17-23, so it sure seems like the elk season would be after that.

Offline Igottanewknee

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 02:05:03 PM »
Seems like it would be October 24-30. I actually didn't apply for Green River this year because of the October 17-23 season that was listed, because I had plans to take my daughter for mule deer in eastern Washington the first weekend of deer season, which of course opens October 17. So I applied for Mudflow which had a November season, and drew it. First time I hadn't applied for Green River in probably at least ten years. The dates for deer in Green River is October 17-23, so it sure seems like the elk season would be after that.
Soooooo, are all the hunts pushed back a week? I tried calling but did email the wdfw today. Apparently it's a  furlough day for them, so hopefully hear something Monday. Maybe as Trophyhunt said, the Mucks may have changed things for us.

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2020, 02:20:11 PM »
I would think that is a mistake. People apply for permits that fit their schedule and changing it after the drawing seems a bit idiotic. The tribe has slots but that has to have been decided long before the 17th start date was set. The strange thing is that they are putting the bull, cow and deer permits in there at the same time which looks ridiculous. It must be a pain to handle the hunters for more than a week? They got about 32 permit holders in there at the same time according to their hunting pamphlet. Seems a bit much but maybe the unit is larger than it looks?

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »
I just looked at the 2019 seasons and deer and elk quality permits had the same season- November 2-8.

So it probably is the October 17-23 season, but who knows. You'll have to clarify that with the WDFW on Monday.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2020, 03:20:39 PM »
No matter what the dates truly are, they have always had all the hunters in at the same week, I've never seen them split it up.  The times I've been in there though, it's never been an issue, except the elk will get shot out of the fields by the first tag holder who is parked there, especially if it's a cow permit holder.  So If someone is parked at one end and the elk are on the same end, get to the other side because when they shoot, the elk will run towards you.  But thats for the second field not the first.  The first field is a long run way looking field and the road is only on one end.  At least was back then.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 04:00:11 PM »
So who got drawn for deer and what season does your permit have on it?

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 07:52:09 PM »
So who got drawn for deer and what season does your permit have on it?
my dads deer permit says the later dates too!!  I hope it stays that way!

Offline Turkeyman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2020, 06:36:01 PM »
Was in there last year. Shoot the first bull you see. Was in there 6 days didn’t see any big bulls. Seen one small 6x5 and a lot of cows.
If it flies it dies.

Offline Igottanewknee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2020, 09:10:16 AM »
Update on the correct dates for the permits... Wdfw sent an email saying they will be sending a corrected permit with the right date on it by next Monday. So I'm guessing the dates in the regs are the true dates.

Offline wamuledeer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scout
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2020, 10:00:28 AM »
I have the same quality bull tag and just received same email.

Offline Crunchy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2020, 10:16:12 AM »
No matter what the dates truly are, they have always had all the hunters in at the same week, I've never seen them split it up.  The times I've been in there though, it's never been an issue, except the elk will get shot out of the fields by the first tag holder who is parked there, especially if it's a cow permit holder.  So If someone is parked at one end and the elk are on the same end, get to the other side because when they shoot, the elk will run towards you.  But thats for the second field not the first.  The first field is a long run way looking field and the road is only on one end.  At least was back then.

isnt the first run way in stampede and not green river unit?  I might be remembering it wrong...

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2020, 11:04:52 AM »
I remember the first field being just past the intake, right on a turn in the road??  But my memory sucks.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2020, 11:05:39 AM »
Update on the correct dates for the permits... Wdfw sent an email saying they will be sending a corrected permit with the right date on it by next Monday. So I'm guessing the dates in the regs are the true dates.
damn, that sucks, I was really hoping those later dates would stick...

Offline Crunchy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2020, 11:34:31 AM »
I remember the first field being just past the intake, right on a turn in the road??  But my memory sucks.

From the gate at Lester?  If so, that is/was Stampede.  The signs are at the end of the road by the train tracks.  Posted very well.  I havent been in there for 10 years or more so I could be wrong.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2020, 12:16:09 PM »

From the gate at Lester?  If so, that is/was Stampede.  The signs are at the end of the road by the train tracks.  Posted very well.  I havent been in there for 10 years or more so I could be wrong.
Ok, I was talking about coming in from the main gate

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal