collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who's hunted Green River 485?  (Read 4738 times)

Offline huntnfmly

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Who's hunted Green River 485?
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2020, 06:50:55 PM »
Way overrated buck and bull tag.  For bucks, I wouldn’t waste my time if it was a open unit, for bulls, not much better.... for all you “great quality tag “ folks, hang pics of what the unit produces... thanks

Wow... thanks for your input. My daughter and I are still going to make a go of it. Good to have people like you around though.

Go get em tiger!!

Sorry if facts and experience upset you so much. I’m not saying don’t hunt it, I just don’t think it’s nearly what folks portray it as, this coming from 10-12 tag holders I know well, several buddies logging in there, another buddy that worked for the tribe that took me in there “scouting “. Kinda reminds me of kapowsin and all the 400” bulls running everywhere in there behind every tree but never get killed.

Now, you go get em tiger!!
Why is there always someone pissing on another members hunt.
To me part of the fun is the antisapation of the hunt.
He has a great hunt in front of him and his daughter seriously if you don't have anything but gloom a doom trying to prove that you are all knowing keep it to yourself.
Sorry if you don't like facts.
It really gets old.Flame on
I'm your dam tour guide arty...
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2020, 07:10:49 PM »
400 incher or 100 incher or time spent in the woods. Have a great trip and build memories. Have fun and good luck.
A true friend is a friend when is convenient and when it is not. They standby you consistently both when you are present and when you are not. They're Authentic and Honest with You. True friends aren't phony with you. They show you who they really are.

Offline Igottanewknee

• Political Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2020, 07:22:20 PM »
By the way, thanks to all of you who have given us some input, as well as all of you I haven't gotten back with about the unit and the hunt. There's still plenty of time to pick your brains about it. And if we need to settle for a little guy, I promise you, there will be 2 smiling hunters posting plenty of pictures.  :IBCOOL:

Offline Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2020, 07:49:05 PM »
Way overrated buck and bull tag.  For bucks, I wouldn’t waste my time if it was a open unit, for bulls, not much better.... for all you “great quality tag “ folks, hang pics of what the unit produces... thanks

Wow... thanks for your input. My daughter and I are still going to make a go of it. Good to have people like you around though.

Go get em tiger!!

Sorry if facts and experience upset you so much. I’m not saying don’t hunt it, I just don’t think it’s nearly what folks portray it as, this coming from 10-12 tag holders I know well, several buddies logging in there, another buddy that worked for the tribe that took me in there “scouting “. Kinda reminds me of kapowsin and all the 400” bulls running everywhere in there behind every tree but never get killed.

I don't know green river but I know kapowsin well. If green river reminds you of kapowsin its a hell of a hunt and you're looking in the wrong places.

Offline huntnfmly

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2020, 07:50:26 PM »
By the way, thanks to all of you who have given us some input, as well as all of you I haven't gotten back with about the unit and the hunt. There's still plenty of time to pick your brains about it. And if we need to settle for a little guy, I promise you, there will be 2 smiling hunters posting plenty of pictures.  :IBCOOL:
And that there is the right attitude good on you.
Too many people measure their hunting success only on how big of a animal they take or don't take
I'm your dam tour guide arty...
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline westside bull

• Scout
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »
With hunt dates being October 17-23  I think there could be some nice bulls killed. I've been in there a few times there's some nice bulls. Good luck!

Offline Igottanewknee

• Political Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2020, 04:25:41 PM »

Go get em tiger!!

Not in the least bit upset. Nowhere in this thread did anyone go on about how great this hunt is or isn't, other than their experience. You on the other hand jumped in and trashed this hunt unsolicited. I'm still glad that people stepped in with some encouragement and a little advise, just can't for the life of me understand what you were doing with your 2 cents. 

My daughter and I will have a great hunt I'm sure. For your sake, I hope it is up to your standards, that is if you care to peek in on this post after the hunt. 
Happy hunting!

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2020, 05:14:43 PM »

Go get em tiger!!

I don't know green river but I know kapowsin well. If green river reminds you of kapowsin its a hell of a hunt and you're looking in the wrong places.

Interpretation isn’t your strong suit, obviously.  Hence the 400” bulls everywhere....
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline 257 Wby Mag

• Sourdough
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2020, 05:20:52 PM »

Go get em tiger!!

Not in the least bit upset. Nowhere in this thread did anyone go on about how great this hunt is or isn't, other than their experience. You on the other hand jumped in and trashed this hunt unsolicited. I'm still glad that people stepped in with some encouragement and a little advise, just can't for the life of me understand what you were doing with your 2 cents. 

My daughter and I will have a great hunt I'm sure. For your sake, I hope it is up to your standards, that is if you care to peek in on this post after the hunt. 
Happy hunting!

It appears it took you a day to post your rebuttal. Again, I wish you guys luck, and are successful. The simple facts of the matter are, no scouting can be done, unless you had a in like I did, it’s brushy western Washington, very short season, the elk fields hold elk, but the big bulls won’t be there, timeframe sucks, competing with Indians, and they get to kill whenever they want, regardless of “seasons “. Good luck hope you kill, but again, it isn’t a “quality “ tag whatsoever imo.
Tod Riechert fan club.

Offline Buckhunter24

• Sourdough
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2020, 05:25:19 PM »
Your posts sound like you expect life to be spoon fed to you

Offline westside bull

• Scout
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2020, 05:46:02 PM »
Indian's get same amount of elk tags as WDFW tags that's what I've been told and Indian's this year go after WDFW tags so with these dates it could be a great quality tag. It's thick brush that's the westside. There's still some BIG bulls in there. Can't wait for the pics.

Offline lonedave

• Scout
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2020, 06:50:26 PM »
Just for kicks, I checked the success rate for the last 4 years....total 31 permits, 23 reports, 68.6% success on fifteen 5+ point bulls and a spike thrown in last year.  Sounds like a pretty good hunt to me, but my idea of quality may not be what some (one) on here thinks is quality.  That kind of a permit for me and my daughter would be about as quality as you get!

Offline wamuledeer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scout
Who's hunted Green River 485?
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2020, 07:34:22 PM »
Good post Dave. I have same tag and that is exactly what it’s about.
Just filter out anything 257 ever has to say about anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 07:40:08 PM by wamuledeer »

Offline Igottanewknee

• Political Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2020, 08:04:38 PM »
2 minutes on the "rebuttal", just don't spend all that much time on here. I will not be going in blind, so I feel somewhat confident we'll do ok. And it's ok if we don't. Thank you for your input, I will remain positive on my not quality hunt.
Probably won't do any replies till tomorrow afternoon. Then out of town till next Monday, so replies may be slow coming.

Offline Tbar

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2020, 08:22:04 PM »
Igottanewknee and wamuledeer I wish you guys the best of luck. I will also say the unit holds some giant bulls and a really good bull to cow ratio. I feel like you guys have the right attitude and I hope you all get giants, especially your daughter. There is nothing like your kids success!
I hope this doesn't come across wrong but I think I hear 257 and agree. Many units in Washington, especially western Washington are over hyped. I have been attacked annually for being a realist and accused of being negative or misleading about trophy quality and the overall expectation of premium units. We all cannot help but dream of what might be and many dreams come true on these draws but I really feel like more are shattered (again I think your approach is correct and am making a generalization from experience).
Again, I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to see your successful hunt stories. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Box Canyon Dam or Boundary Dam by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:57:21 PM]

2020 bears by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:48:29 PM]

FS Herter’s Game Cart $45 NEW PRICE by BD1
[Yesterday at 11:30:14 PM]

Four Dog Stove For Sale by ghosthunter
[Yesterday at 11:28:18 PM]

Icicle outfitters by elkrack
[Yesterday at 11:27:25 PM]