collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New to trail cams THANK YOU  (Read 8358 times)

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: New to trail cam questions
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2020, 09:38:02 AM »
Yes on formating the sd card. I do it everytime i put a card in . it erases all the pictures on card
Yes on reuseing the card. like said above formating erases them.
I carry a card reader with me, set the camera up and walk in front of it to make sure its the height that will get the animal your after. that way you won't be disappointed when you come back.
also make sure no  tree limbs that will set it off.
good luck
This is interesting to me. I've been running dozens of cams year around since they were first invented and have never once formatted an sd card. What does that even mean?

I have run cams extensively since the 35mm trail cam days and have never formatted a SD card
I had a couple of the kind where you wedge the 35 mm camera between 2 foam pads. You had to line it up with a plunger that hit the button on top. The camera was virtually unprotected from the weather. Then you had to wait for photo development to see IF anything was on it. SO much better now.

Long before that one I built a box/plunger type that ran sewing thread from the plunger arm down through a eyelet I'd screw into the tree, then across the trail to another tree. Got one picture of an elk before I abandoned that design.
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Online NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
Re: New to trail cams THANK YOU
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2020, 06:34:38 AM »
I had one of the first cams triggered by a thread across the trail

I still have 2 of the ones that the thread tripped a clock so you know what time an animal crossed the trail.  Used to use them way back in bear baiting days.....was always the highlight of pre scouting to see the time it was tripped.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Transka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2020, 03:31:52 PM »
double check to make sure its on!! :tup: :chuckle: :chuckle: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2020, 09:48:36 PM »

I still have 2 of the ones that the thread tripped a clock so you know what time an animal crossed the trail.  Used to use them way back in bear baiting days.....was always the highlight of pre scouting to see the time it was tripped.

Geeze - how old are you????    :chuckle: :chuckle:
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Online NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2020, 03:13:48 PM »

Almost as old as dirt  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Here's a pic of them. note the one that is closed has bear chew marks on it.....He broke it  >:(

Those were high class back then....they even came with a little spool of thread.  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Katmai Guy

• Retired
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2020, 04:59:31 PM »

Almost as old as dirt  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Here's a pic of them. note the one that is closed has bear chew marks on it.....He broke it  >:(

Those were high class back then....they even came with a little spool of thread.  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Man, I don't know how many of those things I went thru over all the years of baiting.  Pretty handy at the time.
"Keep shootin, when there's lead in the air, there's hope"

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: New to trail cam questions
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2020, 11:11:35 AM »
https://www.boneview.com/

I recommend this card reader. BoneView has its own app for viewing pictures too. And U can format from the app also. Easiest most streamlined way to check pix. Like others have said, format the card every time!

Thanks for this recommendation! I just got the Boneview card reader for my iPhone and tried it out yesterday when I checked my trail cams, and I bought it because of this post. Works great! What an improvement over how I used to check my cameras. I haven't really used trail cameras for a 4 or 5 years now, but I decided to put out a few now because of the quality elk permit I drew. With it being a two hour drive to where I park and begin hiking in, it sure was nice to be able to view all the photos and videos on my phone and then format the card and put it right back in the camera.

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
Re: New to trail cams THANK YOU picks added
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2020, 07:16:07 PM »
Couple screen shot picks from video of first cam check.
I didn't have camera tilted down enough but still excited about what showed up you'll have to zoom in
Thank you for all the tips
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2020, 11:57:06 AM »
How do I edit my subject title on this I did before but it's not letting me now
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal