collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4H Lamb prices  (Read 11164 times)

Offline curtdiesel

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/2eaglesranch/
    • 2 Eagles Ranch
  • Groups: NRA, DU, CCA
Re: 4H Lamb prices
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2020, 04:57:34 PM »
Huntandjeep,

Have you checked what prices people are getting at the Toppenish Livestock Saturday sale?  I am taking my daughter down tomorrow to drop off her two West Valley Fair Goats.  I am hoping she gets close to half of what she would have gotten if the fair wasn't canceled.  She has two more that are going in August because of the Yakima Fair getting canceled.  At least that fair setup a special date and is still allowing the kids to receive add ons.

Curt

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 06:25:35 PM »
Huntandjeep,

Have you checked what prices people are getting at the Toppenish Livestock Saturday sale?  I am taking my daughter down tomorrow to drop off her two West Valley Fair Goats.  I am hoping she gets close to half of what she would have gotten if the fair wasn't canceled.  She has two more that are going in August because of the Yakima Fair getting canceled.  At least that fair setup a special date and is still allowing the kids to receive add ons.

Curt
I haven't , actually forgot about the Toppenish sale . Supposedly a guy is buying them tomorrow for what she has into them so far . If that falls through I will have to look into that .
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

Offline ne kid

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2020, 07:33:18 PM »
Throwing sticks curious what breed of lamb it was that you bought? If you don't mind.

Offline throwingsticks

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2020, 07:41:20 PM »
Throwing sticks curious what breed of lamb it was that you bought? If you don't mind.
Sure, I had to look it up, and also I paid hanging weight not hoof weight, so it was around 55#. Not cheap, but also not what we eat every day. I was / is a Katahdin hair sheep.
They are less gamey from what I understand, it is good stuff, pretty mild.

Offline buglebuster

• ELKOHOLIC
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 05:59:11 PM »
Here are my daughters market goats on the rail at the butcher shop, so sad they didn’t get to show.

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 06:12:42 AM »
Vast differences around the state in support for show animals.  You might check out what Grant county is doing and many fairs have simply ran away leaving all those projects hanging. Help where you can. 
That middle carcass has some leg and loin, not so much on the other two.

Offline Jason

• Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 07:47:54 AM »
Clark County fair is doing online auction for the youth around here. Hopefully everyone was aware and got signed up before the deadline.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 07:49:30 AM »
Vast differences around the state in support for show animals.  You might check out what Grant county is doing and many fairs have simply ran away leaving all those projects hanging. Help where you can. 
That middle carcass has some leg and loin, not so much on the other two.

I hate to say but we’ve heard nothing from Snohomish county or the Evergreen Youth Livestock show about trying to do something for the kids who raised animals this year. Fair is cancelled. See ya next year. Sorry, kids! That’s about it.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 01:28:15 PM »
And just like that, this pops up on the Facebook today.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 07:50:29 PM »

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2020, 12:52:23 PM »

Wish they would do things like that here for the kids . Might see if my daughter could get in it .
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal