collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: A bow that you can't shoot  (Read 2566 times)

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
A bow that you can't shoot
« on: July 06, 2020, 11:00:14 AM »
I have a very limited selection of available bows but the last few year, I have struggled with my shooting.  It has been inconsistent most of the time.  My question is, has anybody ever had a bow they just couldn't shoot well?  I seem to be shooting better now with a different bow, I have just always assumed it was me.
A bad day out hunting is better than a good day at work!

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
Re: A bow that you can't shoot
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 11:27:12 AM »
It was definitely humbling to start shooting a shorter brace height bow with a different grip. Made me a better shooter though.

Unless there is something wrong with the bow, like warped riser, bent cams, out of timing...it ain't the bow  :hello:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 01:26:38 PM »
I would generally agree, but I just couldn't get this one to shoot and I genuinely don't think it was me.  I have a 33 inch draw length.  Not sure why I struggled so bad with the last one, but I did.

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 03:05:17 PM »
I would generally agree, but I just couldn't get this one to shoot and I genuinely don't think it was me.  I have a 33 inch draw length.  Not sure why I struggled so bad with the last one, but I did.
33"??  daaamn.  That is extremely long, I didn't know there were bows out there that long?  I felt limited on choices with my 31.5" draw.

Offline highside74

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 04:33:31 PM »
Years ago I had an Elite GT500. I lost more arrows shooting that bow than I care to admit. The cams were so aggressive it wanted to go off before I was ready. Didn't have it long.

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 08:06:21 AM »
Years ago I had an Elite GT500. I lost more arrows shooting that bow than I care to admit. The cams were so aggressive it wanted to go off before I was ready. Didn't have it long.
Well with the name GT500, I would hope it is aggressive :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 08:07:38 AM »
33"??  daaamn.  That is extremely long, I didn't know there were bows out there that long?  I felt limited on choices with my 31.5" draw.

There are a few on the market.  It is becoming more of a thing not.  PSE and Hoyt both have them.

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 06:16:34 AM »
short brace height and short axle to axle with long draw is tough screws your peep angle too. id work on grip and anchor point aswell
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 09:15:55 AM »
If your looking for the most accurate easy to shoot bow. Generally speaking you want to choose a bow with lower speed, bigger more round cams with a longer axel to axel and longer brace height. Personally I shoot bows with longer valleys at full draw like bowtechs and pse much better as I’m not thinking about it wanting to jump. Hate hoyts for this reason. Finding a bow with a grip that fits more consistently Will help a lot as well. There’s a reason they aren’t making many “speed” bows anymore.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal