collapse

Advertisement

Poll

Did you get the survey?

i received the survey and live in northeast washington (101-121)
7 (25.9%)
i received the survey and do not live in northeast washington (101-121)
15 (55.6%)
i did not receive the survey
5 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Wdfw survey  (Read 16025 times)

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Wdfw survey
« on: July 06, 2020, 05:23:01 PM »
survey came out about reimplementing the 4pt apr in the northeast.  And more.  It asked about removing the late season.  I called it.  People want to be able to shoot 1.5 year old peckerhead bucks with a rifle during the rut, and now here we are.

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Wdfw survey
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 06:18:37 PM »
Wheres the link ?

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »
I got it in my email, they give you a code to enter so the link would be useless.

Offline ffhoofer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 06:52:35 PM »
Just finished it. Bring back the four point minimum rule for good this time!

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 07:38:42 PM »
I'm not OK with this unless they give back a youth season for any buck.....or.....doe.  What is wrong with a hunter shooting a forked horn three point whitetail?  Not everyone has to be a trophy / horn hunter.  I like to eat them more than I like see the horns on the horn pile.  If we are truly worried about the population we need to kill predators.......I know, a cliche saying anymore....but it is fact.  I have a healthy dear population around my property in the NE corner.  I am so tired of opportunity being taken away from our youth that it makes me sick. 

I haven't seen the survey, but I sure hope I get it.....if they keep restrictions on kids....I'm 100% against it.  Bring back a youth season and I could care less.

Offline buckfvr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 07:46:29 PM »
18 month old 4 pt isn't a horn hunter buck or a trophy buck by any user groups standards.   Oh yes, the age of entitlement.  Well when I grew up and my sons as well, no one gave a rats butt whether any kid got to kill a deer let alone a buck.

That you could "care less", tells me your heart and mind aren't in the right spot.

And if you have property with a healthy herd, its lost on me why you cant be hunting 18 month old 4x's, unless of course its because they all get shot as spikes.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:09:38 PM by buckfvr »

Offline ffhoofer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 07:49:10 PM »
I did vote for any buck for youth and 65+ hunters. I agree with jrebel, they have to deal with predators up there

Offline buckfvr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 07:56:41 PM »
Theres a bunch of us 65+ up here and none that I know could care less to shoot dinks and does.  Yes for a fact they need predator control, but before you see that you will see us loose late season and much more as they for sure are leaning that direction.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 08:05:24 PM »
18 month old 4 pt isn't a horn hunter buck or a trophy buck by any user groups standards.   Oh yes, the age of entitlement.  Well when I grew up and my sons as well, no one gave a rats butt whether any kid got to kill a deer let alone a buck.

That you could "care less", tells me your heart and mind aren't in the right spot.

You don’t know me....   you don’t know how I have managed my property.  You also don’t know what your talking about.  Show me an 18 month old 4 point.....   maybe if your scoring east coast style.   Most 4 points are at least 2.5 years old and some 3.5 + years old. 

Calling someone entitled you have never met shows your immaturity.  You also don’t understand and or give two *censored*ttts about our sport if you don’t agree with recruitment of new young hunters.   If kids don’t have opportunity and don’t stick with the sport, our sport dies.   

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 08:05:55 PM »
I wish they would have included a few more units to the list. The area I had hunted for many years we used to see many whitetail including quite a few nice bucks. Now you don't see hardly any whitetail at all in the area. Although for me personally that's not an issue for that spot as I don't hunt there anymore. "Hunting partners change when you loose trust", so gladly spots will change too. So I will come up with better areas with more deer and better hunting partners in the future.  But as a whole for the northeast corner I want to see stronger deer numbers. We need to support benefitting a healthy deer population.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline buckfvr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 08:15:45 PM »
I count them like the game laws say to count them, pretty simple.  Theres a ton of us old men still hunting even though we didn't get to shoot babies.  Don't read into my post what isn't written.  You were not called entitled, and you don't know me either.  If our sport dies it wont be for lack of opportunity as they see to it we have a bunch of it although most is worthless. 

Now for my way of thinking, for you to get pissed off over my post says something about your maturity since you brought it up.

Oh ya, my first bow kill was a main frame 8 or 4pt, and he still had his milk teeth making him 18mo or younger.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:26:40 PM by buckfvr »

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 08:26:43 PM »
I count them like the game laws say to count them, pretty simple.  Theres a ton of us old men still hunting even though we didn't get to shoot babies.  Don't read into my post what isn't written.  You were not called entitled, and you don't know me either.  If our sport dies it wont be for lack of opportunity as they see to it we have a bunch of it although most it worthless. 

Now for my way of thinking, for you to get pissed off over my post says something about your maturity since you brought it up.

Oh ya, my first bow kill was a main frame 8 or 4pt, and he still had his milk teethe making him 18mo or younger.

So I’m clear.  18 month old deer grow 4 point?   Fake news.  Kids hunting opportunity makes them entitled because you weren’t afforded those opportunities as a kid.....interesting concept and thought process.   Washington offers plenty of opportunity.....all in the eye of the beholder I guess. 

Now let me show you a trophy....  regardless of what you think, this was the biggest deer in the world at the moment he saw and harvested it.   First buck at 9 years old....yeah let’s take that opportunity away from kids. 

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 08:41:59 PM »
Popcorn and pissing matches.
The facts are we need some kind of APR. in northeast Washington.Within a few years surplus amount of younger bucks should be able to be hunted by youth,disabled,65 over.Along with maybe a few extra days of season.I see no harm in giving out certain user groups different opportunity including bow hunters,muzzleloader hunters ,that will support APR in our areas. Now them trying to turn late seasons into permit hunts just piss me off .The money hungry greed just never stops.Why don't you just manage our deer herds without sticking your hand in the cookie jar.Besides when deer herds do well you will make more money OTC .

4pt min
No Doe tags EVER
Opportunity for some users when buck numbers can support .
No permits for deer season whitetail
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:52:30 PM by hunter399 »
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline buckfvr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 09:07:18 PM »
You don't have to take my word for 18mo 4x, theres plenty of others on here and elsewhere who know their deer.  For a significant number of us, youth killing doe and any buck is the same as a participation trophy for sports, only since the kid went hunting, he/she gets to kill something.  Don't miss read my feelings as unsupportive of youth as that is the only alternative option I do support......the youth hunt.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 10:07:00 PM »
all for it.. after 1 year the 4pt bucks is the new spike forky and 3pt

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter