collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Buying a pistol in Idaho  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Dadofive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Buying a pistol in Idaho
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 01:31:16 PM »
It's basically on the state line. They could open a FFL outside the back door. I bought a handgun there and picked it up at another Cabela's for free when I was traveling across the state

Offline 724wd

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 08:09:24 AM »
Here's a tip for you all... before waiting an hour to see a clerk at the gun counter (they only deal with one client at a time), make sure your drivers license is up to date  :bash:

With all this covid stuff and the DMV shut down, i've not renewed my license after my birthday, wanting to do the enhanced license and get it over with. I know the deadline has been extended but didn't want to pay twice, but now my sister tells me they only charge you the difference. Lesson learned!

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2020, 08:44:53 AM »
I think that’s a national thing. You can’t legally buy a handgun in any state you are not a resident of. It has to be shipped to an ffl in your home state.

Long guns are generally not a problem to buy out of state, except for the headaches caused by 1639.

What's the process for buying a rifle in Idaho? Walk out same day like it used to be in WA? I made a point to buy all my guns before any of these psycho laws were made so I'm out of touch with what I-1639 entails.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2020, 09:31:58 AM »
Long guns are generally not a problem to buy out of state, except for the headaches caused by 1639.

Very true. I have been a resident of WA, I have purchased rifles in WI, UT, ID, and New Zealand, there was never an issue until I-1939. I tried to purchase a rifle in UT after I-1639 passed, they wouldn't sell it to me, they said I-1639 prevented a WA resident from purchasing rifles in UT. They did say that if I owned a home in Idaho under federal firearms laws I would be considered a dual resident and able to purchase as an Idaho resident. I had to call the county courthouse in the Idaho county where I have a home to send the tax ID number of my ID property. I was only able to purchase the rifle because I qualified as an Idaho resident under firearm laws, it was ok'd by NICS.

So you may have trouble trying to purchase a firearm in any state because you are a WA resident unless you own home/property in another state, in which case you apparently would be considered a dual resident and able to purchase as a resident of the other state.

Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2020, 09:54:55 AM »
Long guns: https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.122

RCW 9.41.122

Out-of-state purchasing.

Residents of Washington may purchase rifles and shotguns in a state other than Washington: PROVIDED, That such residents conform to the applicable provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, Title IV, Pub. L. 90-351 as administered by the United States secretary of the treasury: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That such residents are eligible to purchase or possess such weapons in Washington and in the state in which such purchase is made: AND PROVIDED FURTHER, That when any part of the transaction takes place in Washington , including, but not limited to, internet sales, such residents are subject to the procedures and background checks required by this chapter.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2020, 11:14:44 AM »
When I buy a pistol in Oregon o pay to have it sent to the wa ffl they deal with. Then I pay the background check in wa and I also then have to pay tax on the weapon. Figure another 150$ once you go to pick it up in washing. And now expect to wait another week for mental health background check.. things are getting worse.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]