collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The new Ford Bronco  (Read 13849 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: The new Ford Bronco
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2020, 11:51:35 AM »
Yeah, you're probably right.  It will likely be similar to Jeeps, 98% of them drive pavement full time and the other 2% put $10k into them to get what they want.

Fortunately for all of us is that reliability in vehicles is incredibly improved in only one generation.  When I was in elementary school, my best friend's dad had a party celebrating that he flipped 100k on the odometer, people showed up just to see it as nobody believed it actually happened.  This was back when it went to 00000.0 and didn't have the extra digit like we do know because nobody ever needed it.

Offline Sandberm

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2020, 11:59:57 AM »
Those round headlights make it look like a jeep in the front and the rear makes it look like a Toyota FJ Cruiser.

It looks alright. :dunno:

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2020, 12:02:54 PM »
Yeah, you're probably right.  It will likely be similar to Jeeps, 98% of them drive pavement full time and the other 2% put $10k into them to get what they want.

Fortunately for all of us is that reliability in vehicles is incredibly improved in only one generation.  When I was in elementary school, my best friend's dad had a party celebrating that he flipped 100k on the odometer, people showed up just to see it as nobody believed it actually happened.  This was back when it went to 00000.0 and didn't have the extra digit like we do know because nobody ever needed it.

I've had a 63 VW Notchback, a 1990 Toyota SR5 with the 3.0 V6, and now a F350 with the 460, all with at least 100K, and all ultra reliable.  Some times, old ways are best (except it would kill the 460 to get better than 8MPG once in a while).  :chuckle: 

There is a place for tech, whiz-bang gizmos, and peak HP and torque at the redline.  I love it all.  Just not in an offroad vehicle, IMO.

Offline Jpmiller

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2020, 04:11:47 PM »
Good news about the Ford with the 460 is if it's like mine it never gets worse than 8mpg either lol

I'm excited to see how it does once it's been on the market for a year or two and would really like to end up with one if they aren't all hype.

Offline bullfisher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2020, 10:20:26 AM »
I dont care what anyone says, the bronco is dope! You can keep your V8 for something that deserves one. I'll take a little diesel in that thing before anything else..  :tup:

Offline LndShrk

• Cnut the Great
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2020, 03:59:18 AM »
The 2.7 is twin turboed, there ain't lag. 380+ ft lbs under 3000 rpm...its a better curve than the 5.0 yote. Those that think it is not a powerful plant have the 10 speed...you put that tranny in Sport mode and mash it and it pulls from a dig all the way to 5000.

If you want to get technical, it's not a twin turbo. It's a bi-turbo or dual turbo or whatever you want to call it. There's a little turbo that spools at low RPM and a normal turbo that spools up normally. The little turbo eliminates 99% of turbo lag. You can buy an F150 with that engine that would be rated to tow 7500 pounds and will handle it in it's sleep. It's a much more powerful engine than some of you guys think.
Technically I believe it is a Sequential twin turbo. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2020, 05:19:41 AM »
I dont care what anyone says, the bronco is dope! You can keep your V8 for something that deserves one. I'll take a little diesel in that thing before anything else..  :tup:

Problem is emissions restrictions that make them all but impossible in the U.S., but I agree.  Then again, if we are going small diesels, I want a Toyota Hi-Lux.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2020, 08:00:02 AM »
Same.  Bronco, Jeep, whatever...put a small diesel with some low gears on something that can run the backroads for a few days.

Offline Jpmiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2020, 08:26:31 AM »
Same.  Bronco, Jeep, whatever...put a small diesel with some low gears on something that can run the backroads for a few days.

Not quite as off road capable but fine for forest service roads. I really like my diesel liberty except the small size.

Offline rainshadow1

• RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
  • Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Custom Calls and Knives
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/RainShadow-Game-Calls-Custom-Knives/133406026689512?ref=hl
    • RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
- - Steve
View and Purchase/Order Custom Calls!
Cougar Hunters!!! Check out Calling Products and Call-In Stories!
View the Blade Gallery, & Purchase/Order a Custom Knife!
 www.rain-shadow.com

RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives on Facebook

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2022, 09:02:52 PM »
My youngest daughter finally got her Bronco Sport this week, so far she is loving it.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]