collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Mule Deer Survey  (Read 2603 times)

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: WDFW Mule Deer Survey
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 03:41:12 PM »
I feel like three point minimum helped.  I can't help but think a 4pt minimum would help even more.  What would really help is stiffer penalties for shooting illegal deer and more enforcement.  Having to choose BT, WT or MD would help.  Odd numbered last digit of wild ID hunting odd years and even last digit hunting even years would help. Permit only for MD would help but that is the last thing I want to see.  That really takes away opportunity.  Everything I mentioned before is what I would like to see with permit only being the last resort.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2020, 03:45:42 PM »
Id definitely be on board for changing regs to not count browtines, in hopes that it would greatly decrease the number of sublegal deer that get shot.  Id also like to see the requirement to choose a species.  And id REALLY like to see wdfws harvest reports actually specify mule deer and whitetail harvest, its crazy that they dont.

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 08:04:29 PM »
I feel like three point minimum helped.  I can't help but think a 4pt minimum would help even more.  What would really help is stiffer penalties for shooting illegal deer and more enforcement.  Having to choose BT, WT or MD would help.  Odd numbered last digit of wild ID hunting odd years and even last digit hunting even years would help. Permit only for MD would help but that is the last thing I want to see.  That really takes away opportunity.  Everything I mentioned before is what I would like to see with permit only being the last resort.

Im a big advocate of the odd-even system, thats all they need to do IMHO, no 4pt restrictions, leave at 3pt, if they go to 4pt then I,ll being finding big, dead, rotting 2points AND 3points.

Offline sjhgraysage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2020, 08:55:50 AM »
I spent a little time searching around the WDFW website looking for a mule deer survey. I didn't see anything like a survey that I could access.
I did get the email for the Whitetail survey, and responded for that, nothing in my email so far about anything related to mule deer....

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 09:17:38 AM »
Again I believe this post was being sarcastic.

There is no mule deer survey only a whitetail survey.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 09:44:43 AM »
Nwwg made a whitetail survey, put it in various places around the ne corner.  Around 800 people filled it out and 78% supported the whitetail apr.  These surveys were then handed over to wdfw.  It is this kind of stuff that causes wdfw to consider making changes suggested by the public.  This is why these whitetail changes are proposed now.  If somebody has a good plan to change mule deer regs, do something like this.  Get public input and support for your idea, present to wdfw, get the ball rolling.  We may see a mule deer survey from wdfw if somebody gets something like this going.  If we dont push them on a subject, dont expect them to be proactive in fixing our hunting.  As long as we all keep giving them money, they have no need to change anything without being pushed into it.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal