collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: idaho 30 late elk  (Read 1115 times)

Offline b0nes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
idaho 30 late elk
« on: August 08, 2020, 06:54:03 AM »
So I drew unit 30 idaho late elk rifle unexpectedly, been through the unit a few times but never really scouted or left the highway.  Girlfriend has a slew of family in salmon that are not hunters and was wondering if anyone who had hunted the unit or tag specifically would be willing to chat and throw me a bone or 2.  Have gotten some good intel from a couple other folks on other forums just trying to do what I can before I go scout it.  Im planning on hunting thanksgiving weekend and Ive got a hotel in salmon and plan on hunting the north half of the unit. Would appreciate anyone with anything!

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: idaho 30 late elk
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 07:57:24 AM »
I haven’t hunted it but have had multiple freinds draw that tag it should be a good hunt. It gets hammered with otc archery but the tag you have is a good hunt. How do you draw something unexpectedly? You must have at least put in.

Offline b0nes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 09:27:02 AM »
Ha! I guess that may not have been the correct wording.  I put in for it because my FIL wanted to come hunting this year with his daughter and myself so we put in for something that was close to his other family(Salmon).  The rest of my family put in for another unit in the southern part of the state that is very popular/hard to draw. With as many people putting in for that unit i was prepping to go to that unit on someone elses hunt and didn't even think it was a possibility that i was going to draw, well they all struck out and I drew 30 and now my FIL cant even come due to covid and the quarantine to get back to AK.  Unexpectedly, is probably the word I should have used.

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 02:23:30 PM »
Ha! I guess that may not have been the correct wording.  I put in for it because my FIL wanted to come hunting this year with his daughter and myself so we put in for something that was close to his other family(Salmon).  The rest of my family put in for another unit in the southern part of the state that is very popular/hard to draw. With as many people putting in for that unit i was prepping to go to that unit on someone elses hunt and didn't even think it was a possibility that i was going to draw, well they all struck out and I drew 30 and now my FIL cant even come due to covid and the quarantine to get back to AK.  Unexpectedly, is probably the word I should have used.

:tup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand