collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Special picture and note for all you wolf lovers  (Read 7336 times)

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
Re: Special picture and note for all you wolf lovers
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2020, 07:18:03 PM »
Hard for some to watch the decimation of game herds by a illegally introduced predator that is protected above all else by WDFW and the USFWS.

And then there are the "pro-wolf" people making money from outfits like WDFW, CNW, DoW to get on hunting forums and defend wolves.

The WDFW we have today will never manage/control wolves, rural areas are left with the task of defending their livestock etc..
[/quote :tup:
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2020, 07:26:41 PM »
That would have been a hard thing to watch
:(

That poor cow, gonna die hard, very hard.

It's sickening the protectionism of predators in this state, which gets me thinking about the left.  Antifa can loot and riot, take over 6 square blocks and make it their own, living in lawless debauchery.....the right is so much more law abiding, we don't even discuss breaking it on a forum.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Online bornhunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2020, 09:53:44 PM »
Hard for some to watch the decimation of game herds by a illegally introduced predator that is protected above all else by WDFW and the USFWS.

And then there are the "pro-wolf" people making money from outfits like WDFW, CNW, DoW to get on hunting forums and defend wolves.

The WDFW we have today will never manage/control wolves, rural areas are left with the task of defending their livestock etc..

That's fine, and I get the frustration. Just don't post about those plans on the forum. Probably better if a guy doesn't post about those type ventures for the whole world to see too. Consider this us protecting our members from the WDFW.

:tup:

What am I missing by calling him out?  Are we just to pretend all is ok and remain quiet?  I don’t get it.  This is on par with not letting my kids go to School but gov’t being ok with left-wing nut job protests.  We should be quiet about this issue in fear the antis will use our comments against us?  Perhaps I’m reading this wrong but why not shout from the roof tops and let our voices be heard.  I could personally give two craps who it offends and or the unlikely event our position is used against us.  People can sit back and talk to our future grandchildren about elk and moose hunting being a nothing more than a memory or grow a backbone and do something about it. 

I nuked a whole bunch of posts this morning promoting and/or advocating for poaching/SSS/that sort of thing. As I mentioned in my reply to WB, I understand the thinking behind it, but there are rules we have on the forum here. I nuked posts that violated those rules. That's all I'm saying.

:tup:

Offline Onewhohikes

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2020, 06:04:53 AM »
Did the OP say where the incident occurred? NO So this might very well be in ID where it is legal to shoot a wolf.

Offline Cougartail

• Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2020, 06:57:14 AM »
Did the OP say where the incident occurred? NO So this might very well be in ID where it is legal to shoot a wolf.

So there is no need for SSS? Wolves are here by law and that we can't change, but we sure can change how they are managed. Vote!
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2020, 07:25:39 AM »
Clearly this forum team has made it clear on SSS. There is no debate on "need" as it is illegal. No discussion needed on legality or need. Discuss away on how to change legislation but do not condone,  suggest, or promote illegal activities on this site.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2020, 07:30:37 AM »

Most of the comments I deleted were condoning illegal activity regardless of what state the photos were taken in.

Rules are rules. They're not up for debate. It is what it is.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2020, 11:01:13 AM »
I just did a hayfield on the north half of the wedge, elk carcasses were scattered throughout the field.   bones and hides scattered everywhere.   I was trying to count jaw bones.

Would it be legal to pull the ivory's? 

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2020, 11:06:45 AM »
Why wouldn't it be.  I have seen road kill that they are missing from.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2020, 08:09:27 PM »
Naturally shed?  Make sure you leave the dead head.   ;)
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]