collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 87+ Miles in  (Read 4838 times)

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
Re: 87+ Miles in
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 06:10:24 AM »
Got another 12 in last night.  Loggers have not been nice as to where they put the cuts the last few years.
A bad day out hunting is better than a good day at work!

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 06:29:01 AM »
I think you need a new spot!
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 06:41:41 AM »
I think you need a new spot!

Last night was one of our old spots.  I don't mind the hiking, come September I'll be thankful I did it.   

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 07:01:30 AM »
Dude you need to check yourself! You're 13ft tall. You only get half credit for miles walk. So you did 6 last night! 6! My 3 year old nephew will do 6  :hello:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 07:35:55 AM »
Dude you need to check yourself! You're 13ft tall. You only get half credit for miles walk. So you did 6 last night! 6! My 3 year old nephew will do 6  :hello:

Does Drock get 24 then?  Sorry guys, by Karl's math I guess I have only gone around 50 :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2020, 07:45:41 AM »

Does Drock get 24 then?  Sorry guys, by Karl's math I guess I have only gone around 50 :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
  :chuckle: poor D
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2020, 08:00:34 AM »

worse part that spot was my idea.

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2020, 08:20:34 AM »

worse part that spot was my idea.

It's always your idea lol

Offline Seabass

• Scout
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2020, 09:47:00 AM »
I was in a new area Sunday afternoon. I wanted to see as much of it as I could before it got dark so I walked as far as I could...BUT the spot I liked immediately was only a mile in. I walked another hour or so past that. As soon as I got back to the first spot on my way back...bear standing right in the open. I did get a shot at him....but I missed.

Offline Onewhohikes

• Longhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2020, 12:11:17 PM »
No comment

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2020, 12:25:50 PM »
I was in a new area Sunday afternoon. I wanted to see as much of it as I could before it got dark so I walked as far as I could...BUT the spot I liked immediately was only a mile in. I walked another hour or so past that. As soon as I got back to the first spot on my way back...bear standing right in the open. I did get a shot at him....but I missed.

Hiker or Hunter??    If hunter go one mile in and sit all day.   Hike out at dusk.

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2020, 12:51:28 PM »

Hiker or Hunter??    If hunter go one mile in and sit all day.   Hike out at dusk.

LOL you know there is more than one way to hunt right?  If you go into all the cuts that are only a mile in where we are at you will see a lot of pressure and you won't have very much to hunt.  Last night we hiked 6 miles in and hiked out in the dark.  If you only go a mile are you a hunter or just lazy? :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2020, 10:45:38 AM »
Least you're getting in good shape  :tup: I agree that if you walk dozens of miles, or in your case hundreds, an opportunity will eventually present itself. Good luck.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2020, 10:54:21 AM »
We had to sit for 8 hours before this guy showed.

Offline Seabass

• Scout
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2020, 11:31:25 AM »

LMAO...both right now. I coach HS football...when they changed the bear season to September that took bear hunting off the table for a long time. During that time a lot changed in the area I hunt so now I'm re-familiarizing myself with it. I also got a brand new titanium hip last year and it's still fun to drive.

Went back in that area again yesterday. Explored some more but left myself plenty of time to get back to the first cut. Had a big one walk out with 20 minutes of light left. He never got closer than 438 yards and we had a stiff wind. I watched him til the lights went out.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal