collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Disabled Son's Deer Hunt: BUCK DOWN Y'ALL!  (Read 80434 times)

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
Re: Disabled Son's Deer Hunt
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2020, 08:05:17 AM »
Wow.

I'm late to the party, but will be following and will help as needed.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline THunt

• Thunt
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2020, 08:37:23 AM »
I’m in for $100.  Whoever is organizing the gear pm me and I send it. It’s my 11 year old daughters first year hunting and it sure is an exciting time!! 

Can’t wait to see a picture of this young man with a buck!!

Offline jcarswel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2020, 10:46:51 AM »
Wow everyone, I am truly stunned by the response.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate the kindness everyone has towards the situation.  I apologize for being slow in responding.  You all are amazing to offer financial support.  Loch just had a birthday and we got him a rifle so we are good there.  I'm not as avid a hunter as some so I'm still trying to brainstorm on what gear he needs.  I certainly appreciate any help people are willing to give in compiling a list.  As Wunderlich33 said, financial times are tough and I didn't come here for a handout but love the community that we have stumbled into.  Just know that everyone's offer has left our family speechless.

Additionally, I am amazed by the offers of land to hunt.  Thank you so much for being willing to help Loch out.  I will reach out to everyone that sent me messages and again, thank you so much for all of your kindness.

Josh     

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2020, 12:48:26 PM »
Josh....if he needs a knife I'm calling dibs! Please, ask his blessing and I'd of course like yours to pick one out. Pm me your details post conversation 

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2020, 07:39:15 PM »
What an amazing bunch of people here. Perhaps someone with the know how could set up a gofundme thing or something along those lines.

Offline jcarswel

• Pilgrim
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2020, 06:31:15 AM »
Yes, definitely an impressive group of people.  Thank you all for the support for my son!

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2020, 07:20:59 AM »
So few things I can think of off the top of my head since he has a rifle.

Binoculars
Knife
Good jacket
Boots
Rifle scope?
Ammo
Clothing

Did we figure out a point man for collecting money and ordering gear?
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2020, 07:26:17 AM »
more thoughts

Meat processing
Euro mount
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2020, 07:38:50 AM »
Back off Karl....I clearly called knife dibs! :tup: :chuckle:

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2020, 11:41:30 AM »
If he gets his buck and doesn't mind leaving it with me, I could do the euro mount for him. We would just have to figure out the best way to get it back to them in Monroe. With all the travelling and hunting on this site it shouldn't be too difficult to get it back over the hill.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2020, 12:03:46 PM »
If he gets his buck and doesn't mind leaving it with me, I could do the euro mount for him. We would just have to figure out the best way to get it back to them in Monroe. With all the travelling and hunting on this site it shouldn't be too difficult to get it back over the hill.
yeah definitely can't see that as an issue. Plenty of folks going back and forth.

Back off Karl....I clearly called knife dibs! :tup: :chuckle:
hey now! I'm just spit ballin here  :chuckle:

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2020, 12:48:51 PM »
Hey all, it was suggested that I post here as I'm looking for assistance to help on my son's first deer hunt.  My son is 11 years old and this will be his first year hunting.  Although he is beyond excited about this, both he and I (and of course his mama) have a great deal of concern due to his difficulty in walking any great distance.  My son was born without a right hip joint and a deformed right femur.  He has had at least 12 surgeries to grow and shape his body but he remains greatly limited in his mobility.  He tries to push himself and we don't go easy on him but I know that he is in constant pain and I would love to alleviate some of the difficulties and make this first year hunting a bit easier.  With these challenges, I'm looking to see if anyone has any nuisance deer or knows of where my son could have a chance to shoot an animal this fall.  I'm not looking for any sort of trophy buck, I just want him to have some success and ignite a love for hunting.  I understand that this may be a big ask but any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much.

Josh     

I have a pair of binoculars that you can have. Also have a good idea for a hunting area for you guys this Fall. PM sent.

Offline cbond3318

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2020, 12:58:46 PM »
Thinking early October morning In a ground blind, count me in for a youth top and bottom base layer and gloves.

You guys are going to have the time of your lives and I hope the young man finds a Lifelong passion as the sunrises! :tup:
Just tend your own and live.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2020, 01:23:50 PM »
Video record it. Im not the production video type but someone has the skills I'm sure.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2020, 01:27:20 PM »
Did we get word on rifle caliber?

I am in for a couple boxes of rifle ammo. Gotta know soon, as the pickings are slim these days.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal