collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Disabled Son's Deer Hunt: BUCK DOWN Y'ALL!  (Read 80459 times)

Offline Colville

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Disabled Son's Deer Hunt
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2020, 01:33:05 PM »
Needs a ground blind, head lamp, BI or tri-pod to shoot off of in the blind.  Jcarswel, send me a PM with your address and happy to have a ground blind delivered to you.  A "Doghouse" neatly sits a dad and a kid, been doing it for years.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 03:40:20 PM by Colville »

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2020, 03:01:53 PM »
So few things I can think of off the top of my head since he has a rifle.

Binoculars
Knife
Good jacket
Boots
Rifle scope?
Ammo

Did we figure out a point man for collecting money and ordering gear?

You guys are awesome and it still amazes me on how we can pull together and what we can accomplish on this site. Something good to remember about 2020 :chuckle:

What about Uncle Jake (Jlittlebear) as a point man? I have talked with him quite a bit and he is a great guy and willing to help in any way he can. He can talk with Josh and Loch to make sure he gets what he needs for this hunt.

From talking with Josh (op) and Jake they are very modest and I'm pretty sure you all have overwhelmed them with your kindness and generosity.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 05:51:20 PM by Pinetar »

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2020, 04:20:08 PM »
I'm fine with that  :tup:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline elkaholic123

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Montana Dirty Dozen,Life member RMEF,NAHC, WSF
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2020, 06:37:27 PM »
I’m in for $100.00 too! Will they need a place to stay during their hunt? Maybe donations can help with hotel or  :dunno:
elkaholic

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2020, 06:40:16 PM »
Back off Karl....I clearly called knife dibs! :tup: :chuckle:

Really? >:( >:( >:(

I have a brand new Bushcraft budget skinner looking for a home, and you call dibs on the knife....

I'm in for something. 
 :tup:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2020, 06:45:22 PM »
Tag. I'll come back and see how I can make myself useful later tonight.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2020, 06:48:53 PM »
Just joining the conversation, but have a new pair of 10x42 Vortex binos I'd happily ship. Let me know. :tup:

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2020, 06:51:05 PM »
Back off Karl....I clearly called knife dibs! :tup: :chuckle:

Really? >:( >:( >:(

I have a brand new Bushcraft budget skinner looking for a home, and you call dibs on the knife....

I'm in for something. 
 :tup:

Great minds think alike sir...have a convo beginning with Rainshadow.

Offline Jlittlebear31

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2020, 07:01:33 PM »
As I stated and others have stated during this thread, What an amazing response to my brother and nephew.  Yes, Pinetar, we're pretty simple modest people and my brother did not get on here for handouts.  With that being said, I know people here are genuinely pumped to give and offer services, gear and other things.  My brother would never accept anything but a place to stay.  However, I'm going to accept on his behalf and I will make sure all gifts, money etc, gets into the hands of Loch and Josh.
I know Loch does not have a good set of binochs, shooting sticks/bipod, camo or orange, pack, knives, spotting scope.  He pretty much is starting from scratch.  He is shooting a Savage Axis 6.5 Creedmoor for those who asked about ammo or what he was shooting.  I'm going to choose to post his PO Box that way he can't refuse anything and it will all go directly to him.  I can also update this thread with items he receives so we don't begin duplicating. 
josh or loch Carswell
po box 272
Monroe wa, 98272
If you are not comfortable with this then please PM me and we can make different arrangements

Again, thank you all so much.  This has blown up far beyond our hopes and much appreciation to all of you.  I know he'll have an absolute blast this fall!
Jake
"Raise your sons to be men and your daughters to accept nothing less"

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2020, 07:03:33 PM »
Again and again, over and over.  We don’t even have to ask anymore. It just happens. Y’all are the bees knees. An army. Way to go, all. I’ve got one of those Sony Action Cameras I’ll throw in for videoing purposes if someone wants to figure out how to use the thing. It’s Sony’s version of a GoPro.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2020, 07:18:16 PM »
As I stated and others have stated during this thread, What an amazing response to my brother and nephew.  Yes, Pinetar, we're pretty simple modest people and my brother did not get on here for handouts.  With that being said, I know people here are genuinely pumped to give and offer services, gear and other things.  My brother would never accept anything but a place to stay.  However, I'm going to accept on his behalf and I will make sure all gifts, money etc, gets into the hands of Loch and Josh.
I know Loch does not have a good set of binochs, shooting sticks/bipod, camo or orange, pack, knives, spotting scope.  He pretty much is starting from scratch.  He is shooting a Savage Axis 6.5 Creedmoor for those who asked about ammo or what he was shooting.  I'm going to choose to post his PO Box that way he can't refuse anything and it will all go directly to him.  I can also update this thread with items he receives so we don't begin duplicating. 
josh or loch Carswell
po box 272
Monroe wa, 98272
If you are not comfortable with this then please PM me and we can make different arrangements

Again, thank you all so much.  This has blown up far beyond our hopes and much appreciation to all of you.  I know he'll have an absolute blast this fall!
Jake
I've gotta make this crystal clear to you, Josh and Loch.....THIS IS NOT A HANDOUT! We as a community of sports men and women take the task of perpetuating our passion very seriously.  I think most of us take our children's good health for granted, and hearing Loch's story of struggle and perseverance brings us all back to reality.

This forum has a long history of circling the wagons when our own need it.  CPT Aaron Blanchards family, Keegans cancer battle, disabled veterans hunts, and the list goes on and on. You didn't ask for for things, we offered and its rude to turn down a gift sooo :chuckle:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875

Offline elkaholic123

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Montana Dirty Dozen,Life member RMEF,NAHC, WSF
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2020, 07:20:32 PM »
josh or loch Carswell
po box 272
Monroe wa, 98272

Jake
I've gotta make this crystal clear to you, Josh and Loch.....THIS IS NOT A HANDOUT! We as a community of sports men and women take the task of perpetuating our passion very seriously.  I think most of us take our children's good health for granted, and hearing Loch's story of struggle and perseverance brings us all back to reality.

This forum has a long history of circling the wagons when our own need it.  CPT Aaron Blanchards family, Keegans cancer battle, disabled veterans hunts, and the list goes on and on. You didn't ask for for things, we offered and its rude to turn down a gift sooo :chuckle:
Well said Karl!
elkaholic

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2020, 07:21:20 PM »
Hear hesr.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Explorer
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2020, 07:29:10 PM »
Hate to hijack here but could one of the mods edit in a running list of donations somehow so we don't duplicate anything?

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2020, 07:55:14 PM »
What size boot does he wear? I have a pair of Goretex Lowas that are in great shape that are either a size 7.5 or 8 I can donate to the cause. Let me know.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal