collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Disabled Son's Deer Hunt: BUCK DOWN Y'ALL!  (Read 80419 times)

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
Re: Disabled Son's Deer Hunt: Page 1 List
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2020, 10:22:59 AM »
PICTURES.

Good plan, Loch can bring along his new Sony Action camera from Jackalope and his other camera from Twisp

Offline rainshadow1

• RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Custom Calls and Knives
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/RainShadow-Game-Calls-Custom-Knives/133406026689512?ref=hl
    • RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2020, 10:44:58 AM »
That knife is stunning! I'll keep that secret from Loch, he'll freak.
Just got home so went on a little scouting trip for Loch and found a new 20-22in four point on the property along with 4 other nice 3 points :tup:

Sweet! Very excited for Loch! I'll never forget getting my kids on their first deer.

Have to thank H2O for getting me on this thread and letting me join him in this part of it.

loch by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

Was able to sneak out to the shop enough to get this done... 440C stainless, Leather stacked between Moose antler.

Good Luck, Loch! Get 'em, little Brother!

I just keep thinking, "I hope Dad taught a few knife skills..." That steel is very forgiving when it comes to maintenance, and neglect, it's very stain free stainless... But one of its other features is that it gets stupid ridiculous sharp. I'm sure it's in your hands by now, you've probably seen... Just please be mindful of the sharpness! All my knives shave. This one shaves effortlessly!
- - Steve
View and Purchase/Order Custom Calls!
Cougar Hunters!!! Check out Calling Products and Call-In Stories!
View the Blade Gallery, & Purchase/Order a Custom Knife!
 www.rain-shadow.com

RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives on Facebook

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com

Offline jcarswel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2020, 10:12:07 PM »
It arrived today!  Let me tell anyone out there, if you have need of a knife (or frankly just a want), rainshadow is where you need to get it from.  This knife is unbelievably beautiful, fantastic feel in your hand, great edge, amazing handmade sheath.  Stunning, absolutely stunning.  Loch has it attached to his belt already.  Rainshadow, I can't thank you enough!

That knife is stunning! I'll keep that secret from Loch, he'll freak.
Just got home so went on a little scouting trip for Loch and found a new 20-22in four point on the property along with 4 other nice 3 points :tup:

Sweet! Very excited for Loch! I'll never forget getting my kids on their first deer.

Have to thank H2O for getting me on this thread and letting me join him in this part of it.

loch by Steve Tormala, on Flickr

Was able to sneak out to the shop enough to get this done... 440C stainless, Leather stacked between Moose antler.

Good Luck, Loch! Get 'em, little Brother!

I just keep thinking, "I hope Dad taught a few knife skills..." That steel is very forgiving when it comes to maintenance, and neglect, it's very stain free stainless... But one of its other features is that it gets stupid ridiculous sharp. I'm sure it's in your hands by now, you've probably seen... Just please be mindful of the sharpness! All my knives shave. This one shaves effortlessly!

Offline Buckhunter24

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #198 on: September 27, 2020, 10:58:19 AM »
 :peep:

Offline 7mmfan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.facebook.com/rory.oconnor.9480
« Reply #199 on: September 27, 2020, 07:43:19 PM »
I'm so excited for Loch!  We got the chance to go out a few days ago for bear.  As much as I was frustrated by the domestic dogs running around, the horseback rider and the motorcyclists making noise, Loch couldn't stop smiling and continuously blurted out ( In a slightly too loud for the woods voice), "This is awesome!"  First off, I blame you all because when we decided to go out, we only had a few hours but Loch was dead set on bringing ALL of his new gear!  I had to deny him on a few of the items and told him that those would be used on longer hunts.  We alternated between him holding his rifle and me holding his tripod and when the rifle would get too heavy, he would use the tripod as a cane while I took his rifle.  Ultimately, the hunt ended with Loch on my shoulders, a backpack on my back and a rifle in both hands.  Loch didn't care, he was having the time of his life just being out in the woods.  Fantastic memory for a proud papa brought on by all of your kindness.

This sounds like a fantastic day in the woods!
I hunt, therefore I am.... I fish, therefore I lie.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #200 on: September 27, 2020, 07:49:28 PM »
 Just saw this thread, is all gear covered? I have loads of youth gear, rifles etc.

Depending on hunt dates, can offer quality photography during the hunt as well.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #201 on: September 27, 2020, 07:52:45 PM »
Just saw this thread, is all gear covered? I have loads of youth gear, rifles etc.
Look at page one, and see what he received from the HW folks. Fill in if you can  :tup:
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2020, 09:52:59 AM »
I'd forgotten about this with all life's events.  My apologies.  Funds in mail this week.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2020, 07:33:25 AM »
came home from idaho and wyoming to a great thank you card from Loch! Few more weeks till go time!
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline TheStovePipeKid

• They call me MISTER KID!
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • I. Kill. Turkey.
    • TheStovePipeKid
  • Groups: NWTF Annual Member, NRA Extended Pay Lifetime Member
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2020, 11:04:41 AM »
came home from idaho and wyoming to a great thank you card from Loch! Few more weeks till go time!

Got our thank you in the mail from Loch with a great picture. Got it stuck up on the fridge. Just around the corner now.
I laugh in the face of Danger. Ha ha ha Danger Face!

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2020, 04:21:18 AM »
Update, I had to postpone the scouting trip from our original date of Sept 26th week to Oct. 11th and 12th as I promised my daughter to go Muzzy deer hunting that weekend and The Carswel family adults are muzzy Elk hunting this weekend. Loch is coming over with family on 11th and 12th to scout for some bucks, get familiar with the property and setup the blind Colville gave him :tup:

Been in touch with the Carswel family and Uncle Jake quite a bit and I'm really impressed with this tight family and very much looking forward to our adventure. Uncle Jakes kids (Loch's cousins, roughly same age) have asked if they could be with Loch on his first hunt and said they have no problem giving up their opening weekend deer hunt to be with Loch and help him out. Kids being raised the right way is great to see in todays times. Thank you to all of HuntWa for everything you have made possible for Loch, his family and his extended family.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 01:36:18 PM by Pinetar »

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2020, 08:51:06 PM »
What a fun two days hanging out with the Carswel Family. Great people and super good polite kids! Loch was able to use a bunch of his gear that the HuntWa community so graciously sent him. He got to watch two bucks in a little pushing match through his new spotting scope Elkaholic123 gave him, two days of sizing up bucks through TriggerMikes binos and he was never too far from that beautiful knife from H20 that Rainshadow built :tup:

We were able to find 8 different legal bucks, now he has four days to get his hit list in order :chuckle: I think he liked one of the taller slick three points till the wider three point showed up with nice eye guards, decisions decisions :tup:

Five more sleeps till go time buddy!! (side joke :chuckle:)

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2020, 09:05:09 PM »
 :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2020, 09:11:40 PM »
Forgot to mention, the trigger is in and ready Karl! :tup:

Offline wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #209 on: October 12, 2020, 09:17:42 PM »
On pins and needles waiting for photos. Got my fingers crossed the he gets a nice one down.
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1