collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Native bull from Elgin?  (Read 8375 times)

Offline Maverick

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Native bull from Elgin?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2020, 11:12:34 AM »
Exactly why we should just get rid of the draw system and do 3 pt minimum like on the westside. Tribal are the ones benefitting from us waiting a lifetime for 1 or 2 OPPORTUNITIES to chase a bull like that. Rediculous

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2020, 11:18:25 AM »
Bone in, hide on, hot weather, boiling meat.  Probably end up dog food.

Offline Sutherland

• Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2020, 11:41:28 AM »
 :yeah:

Nice bull

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2020, 12:13:06 PM »
I don't care who killed it. Congrats to the hunter on a darn nice bull.
If it was a non native poached bull would you care?  This guy takes many big bulls, not because he's a great hunter or lucky in a draw.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline washingtonmuley

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2020, 12:53:37 PM »
Regardless of who shot it they definitely don't give a *censored* about the meat and that right there pisses me off!!

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2020, 01:28:27 PM »
Regardless of who shot it they definitely don't give a *censored* about the meat and that right there pisses me off!!

Geezzzz you guys are nuts.

1. Who the heck knows who shot it or if they had a LOP tag or drew an archery tag???
2. Who knows if he took the picture just after getting the bull out and was about to skin the quarters and get them into a cooler?

All you have to go on is a picture of a bull in a truck, not like there is a clock and thermometer running on how long it's been dead or how hot it is. I mean, if the guy wasted the meat that is a shame but it's not like this picture proves that theory.

Now in 2013, while trying to fill my bull tag, I personally witnessed a Governor tag holder shoot a monster bull and then leave the meat in 90+ degree heat for over a day. He was a white guy hunting on native land (Rainwater). When I posted up about that the forum turned on me and by the end of the first page I was made out to be the bad guy for making "assumptions" even though I was literally there to see the whole thing unfold. This place never ceases to amaze me. 

Edit: Saw the post that indicated he physically appears to be Native. WHO THE F CARES! Just because he is native does not mean he didn't have to draw the tag. I am about as outspoken as it gets when it comes to poor native hunting practices but this is a picture at a gas station that has people making up imaginary facts. For all any of us now this guy is an honorable man that shot a great bull. If not, well I guess he deserves the flames. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 01:36:37 PM by CoryTDF »
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2020, 01:47:36 PM »

1. Who the heck knows who shot it or if they had a LOP tag or drew an archery tag???
2. Who knows if he took the picture just after getting the bull out and was about to skin the quarters and get them into a cooler?

All you have to go on is a picture of a bull in a truck, not like there is a clock and thermometer running on how long it's been dead or how hot it is. I mean, if the guy wasted the meat that is a shame but it's not like this picture proves that theory.

Now in 2013, while trying to fill my bull tag, I personally witnessed a Governor tag holder shoot a monster bull and then leave the meat in 90+ degree heat for over a day. He was a white guy hunting on native land (Rainwater). When I posted up about that the forum turned on me and by the end of the first page I was made out to be the bad guy for making "assumptions" even though I was literally there to see the whole thing unfold. This place never ceases to amaze me. 

Edit: Saw the post that indicated he physically appears to be Native. WHO THE F CARES! Just because he is native does not mean he didn't have to draw the tag. I am about as outspoken as it gets when it comes to poor native hunting practices but this is a picture at a gas station that has people making up imaginary facts. For all any of us now this guy is an honorable man that shot a great bull. If not, well I guess he deserves the flames.

If hes already at a gas station with the meat uncared for like that, its pretty telling.  Where theres smoke, theres flames.  Youre pulling the "you guys are only flaming him because hes native" card.  But let me ask, would you be throwing a fit defending him if he was white?  I doubt it.  Nice virtue signaling.  HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK HOW NOT RACIST THIS GUY IS!  HES DEFENDING A MINORITY REGARDLESS OF HOW TERRIBLE THEIR BEHAVIOR IS!  WHAT A PROGRESSIVE!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2020, 02:08:32 PM »
It’s not a secret who the guy is to some.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2020, 02:14:29 PM »

If hes already at a gas station with the meat uncared for like that, its pretty telling.  Where theres smoke, theres flames.  Youre pulling the "you guys are only flaming him because hes native" card.  But let me ask, would you be throwing a fit defending him if he was white?  I doubt it.  Nice virtue signaling.  HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK HOW NOT RACIST THIS GUY IS!  HES DEFENDING A MINORITY REGARDLESS OF HOW TERRIBLE THEIR BEHAVIOR IS!  WHAT A PROGRESSIVE!

LOL you don't know anything about me bud. If you did you would know how silly you sound in your description of me. I do try to have accurate information before I fly of and make assumptions, because contrary to what you believe of me, that sort of quick to point fingers crap is in actually a very progressive way of thinking. So, might as well get up from the keyboard and go take a look in the mirror champ.

The point is, YOU don't know the whole story behind this gas station picture. That is just a simple fact. Elgin is a tiny little town and that bull could have been killed 5 minutes from that gas station. I drive through that town at least 10 times a year and what I've just said is the truth. I will condemn the holy he!! out of the guy if the whole story comes out and ends up being the way many have said. But i'm not going to do that based on a picture at a gas station. As I said above I couldn't even get away with condemning a person that I actually saw waste meat.   

CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Offline washingtonmuley

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2020, 02:21:24 PM »
Wasted meat for sure!!

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2020, 02:28:18 PM »
Looks like an amazing bull. Sad that it appears to be very poorly taken care of.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2020, 02:36:41 PM »
CoryTDF, this particular guy has a long history of being discussed on HW (if its who I think it is)

he's earned the disguest and criticism.

This is *that* guy right OP? 
The jerky factory guy?

If so, don't bother blurring it out imo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2020, 02:44:18 PM »
*If* the same guy I believe he, imo, gives the single biggest black eye to tribes of all names in this state. Has bragged online about the number of trophy bulls killed for his jerky business....bragged online about killing a bull with a 9mm and shooting it I forget how many times. *If* the same person imo it's as bad of apple as you would get in a bunch.

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2020, 02:51:11 PM »
CoryTDF, this particular guy has a long history of being discussed on HW (if its who I think it is)

he's earned the disguest and criticism.

This is *that* guy right OP? 
The jerky factory guy?

If so, don't bother blurring it out imo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I get it, the thing is that NONE of us can see him or know the whole story. Trust me, when I was chasing bulls in the Rainwater with my bow and the natives where up there blasting them with rifles I had some strong feelings about it. I have some strong feeling about a lot of native hunting/fishing behaviors. I'm not foolish enough to air them out here but I can comfortably say the tone is negative at best.

That said I know plenty of natives that are honorable people. HW has some pretty prominent members that would fall into the category. So, seeing a bull in the back of a truck and seeing a native shot it is not a qualification for me to freak out. That is all I'm saying. It makes people look ignorant when they do that.

As for the meat... It's not how I would do things but then again, who knows the whole story? There could be a million reasons the meat was not boned or skinned and that photo is not proof that the meat was bad or that it was wasted.   
CoryTDF

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2020, 02:53:22 PM »
*If* the same guy I believe he, imo, gives the single biggest black eye to tribes of all names in this state. Has bragged online about the number of trophy bulls killed for his jerky business....bragged online about killing a bull with a 9mm and shooting it I forget how many times. *If* the same person imo it's as bad of apple as you would get in a bunch.

And if that is true fire away! I'll join in with everyone. I just can't do it based on the picture and story provided. That knee jerk reaction is why so many people quit posting photos on this site. 
CoryTDF

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU