collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Inslee wanting stricter lethal wolf rules  (Read 7372 times)

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
Re: Inslee wanting stricter lethal wolf rules
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 10:23:37 AM »
Our incompitant leader is a real moron. He has cost the people of Washington State billions of dollars controling his dictatorship the way he has.
But that is thier parties  political way.
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Online Loup Loup

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
  • Groups: WSTA, ITA, Intermountain Fur Harvesters, F4WM
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2020, 10:45:57 AM »
Inslee is ranked as the worst Governor in the Nation fiscally.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2020, 06:16:54 PM »
Of course he does. But since he doesn't have them in his back yard.  He can stay hidden in his house and spew wisdom.

Offline I-Snipe-Varmints

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2020, 08:34:05 PM »
Inslee is the most unqualified, partisan hack governors this state has seen. When he approached my brother and many others during a VFW event years back trying to shake peoples' hands, he was denied by all.

My brother and I have countered some of his policies with well thought out emails regarding very detailed studies and facts on climate change and he came back with a kindergarten response.

It's no wonder he can't manage predators like wolves when he's a *censored*. It's time to move out of state and flush this turd in the next few years.

Online Loup Loup

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
  • Groups: WSTA, ITA, Intermountain Fur Harvesters, F4WM
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 08:35:53 AM »
I listened to Culp speak at a rally here in EWa, Inslee outlawed rally's two days later, anyway Culp spoke of his time commercial fishing with his Gramppa on the coast. He said as far as Salmon goes, " we are fighting over scraps". Part of his plan to get healthy salmon runs back would be predator control. He understands consumptive use of natural  resourse, and how to manage for the good of the resourse and all parties involved. I am sure his strategy of improving fish stocks, including predator control, would carry on to Game and livestock.
Im done politicking on a Wolf thread.
Vote!

Offline archerykraze

• Hunter
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2020, 10:47:21 AM »
I'll be voting for Culp this Nov! Here's some science for ya Inslee: As Seal populations go up Salmon populations go down, as Wolf/bear/cougar populations go up the deer/elk populations go down. Somehow we are still stuck in habitat loss mode to appeal to the environmentalists (Inslee's voters).

Offline CGDucksandDeer

• Tracker
  • Groups: cgducksanddeer
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 02:57:54 PM »
Our thoughts and analysis on this surprising and disappointing move, for anyone that wants a take from an in-state group (as opposed to the out-of-state petitioners/litigants).

https://www.capitalpress.com/ag_sectors/livestock/inslee-mirrors-environmental-groups-on-wolf-removal/article_7d1ab6e2-f1fa-11ea-bb89-fb96f9351908.html

https://www.conservationnw.org/news-updates/governor-requests-rule-making-on-wolf-management/

Our biggest concern is whether new rules at the Governor’s request will create backlash and a lower acceptance of implementing non-lethal measures. More than a decade of effort has gone into collaborative uptake of conflict avoidance efforts in Washington wolf territory, including five years of working under the current WAG framework to develop the existing Protocol (with improved range riding expectations about to be finalized.) The work of getting rancher acceptance and implementation of high-quality deterrence measures on-the-ground is expensive and time consuming. We question whether a regulations-based approach will get better results than the current approach of WAG-negotiated protocols, which provide the WDFW Director discretion to wait to use lethal removal beyond the prescribed thresholds until more attempts at non-lethal measures have been tried, as well as provide the ranching and agricultural community ownership of non-lethal conflict avoidance measures.

In short, we’re with the Farm Bureau and many others on the WAG with concerns about this. This move caves to hardline zealots from AZ, CO and OR and undermines years of constructive collaboration through the WAG and on the ground in Eastern Washington.

But I’m sure Ribka or WolfBait will be on here momentarily talking about conservationist wolves-in-sheeps clothing, or something like that. If I don’t reply, I’ve “disappeared” for the High Hunt.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2020, 09:28:56 AM »
Our thoughts and analysis on this surprising and disappointing move, for anyone that wants a take from an in-state group (as opposed to the out-of-state petitioners/litigants).

https://www.capitalpress.com/ag_sectors/livestock/inslee-mirrors-environmental-groups-on-wolf-removal/article_7d1ab6e2-f1fa-11ea-bb89-fb96f9351908.html

https://www.conservationnw.org/news-updates/governor-requests-rule-making-on-wolf-management/

Our biggest concern is whether new rules at the Governor’s request will create backlash and a lower acceptance of implementing non-lethal measures. More than a decade of effort has gone into collaborative uptake of conflict avoidance efforts in Washington wolf territory, including five years of working under the current WAG framework to develop the existing Protocol (with improved range riding expectations about to be finalized.) The work of getting rancher acceptance and implementation of high-quality deterrence measures on-the-ground is expensive and time consuming. We question whether a regulations-based approach will get better results than the current approach of WAG-negotiated protocols, which provide the WDFW Director discretion to wait to use lethal removal beyond the prescribed thresholds until more attempts at non-lethal measures have been tried, as well as provide the ranching and agricultural community ownership of non-lethal conflict avoidance measures.

In short, we’re with the Farm Bureau and many others on the WAG with concerns about this. This move caves to hardline zealots from AZ, CO and OR and undermines years of constructive collaboration through the WAG and on the ground in Eastern Washington.

But I’m sure Ribka or WolfBait will be on here momentarily talking about conservationist wolves-in-sheeps clothing, or something like that. If I don’t reply, I’ve “disappeared” for the High Hunt.

CNW have been a partner with WDFW long before the lie of first wolf pack in 70 years, they just had a different name.  Nothing has really changed with the Govs so called "new" direction.

Non lethal wolf controls have never worked, it only prolongs the slaughter of livestock, paying ranchers for livestock losses is only to appease them while wolves grow out of control, it's a band aid in place of wolf control. WDFW refuse to confirm predation by wolves unless forced to do so and then drag their feet implementing wolf control, and refuse to confirm known wolf packs etc..

The illegal wolf introduction has never been about the wolves, it has been about ruining ranching and hunting. With WA's 18 plus years of wolves, the governor, WDFW and their Fake environmental partners are fulfilling their agenda.

As far as backlash, well rural folks past that stage long ago..

The little write up is for people who don't know or those who don't care about what wolves have and are doing to Washington's "wildlife", ranchers, their livestock or rural WA.

It might be able to chit the fans but not the players.. But then you already knew that...

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2020, 08:12:33 AM »
Wolf rules, forest management (climate fires?), busted budgets, and clueless (Seattle has problem?), he really needs to be gone.  Ballots out soon, please spread the word, I know it is a very steep hill, thanks

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 08:16:45 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]