collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Savage Ultralite  (Read 6036 times)

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Re: Savage Ultralite
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 09:13:20 PM »
Of course out of stock.  What isnt nowadays?  Turns out my dad has a spare spare i can take to idaho in a couple weeks.

Offline BUTTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2020, 07:58:29 AM »
I have the 6.5 Prc and shes a tack driver love the gun and set up. Mine seems to be very accurate sending 143 ELD X down range with out issue

Offline haftard

• Hunter
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2020, 05:31:17 PM »
I was very intrested in the savage ultralight. But once i got one in my hands i knew i didnt want it that bad. The first strike is there amazing "high quality" stocks. Second for just alittle more money you can get alot more rifle from other companies. And 3rd was the barrel length. I will be buying a tikka or a Christensen. I know savages are damn fine shooter but i hate how their top of the line hunting rifle still feels cheep

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2020, 06:40:59 PM »
I have had ours for about two months now and it has killed twice already, with factory ammo none the less.  When I get time to reload it will be an even better shooter.   I’ll say this.....to each their own....I have a Christiansen carbon fiber barrel 26” 300 win mag that I paid $600 more than the savage.   I would buy another savage before I gambled on another Christiansen!!!   That was and is the most finicky rifle I have ever loaded for.   It has something rattling in the stock and for the money it really isn’t anything special.  After I found a load that worked it does shoot nice and is accurate....but this savage is equally as accurate out of the box.   I also love the endless adjustment options to the accustock.  It is primarily gonna be my sones rifle so we shorten the LOP and raised the comb.  Fits him like a glove. 

Offline BUTTER

• Scout
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2020, 09:12:29 PM »
That savage ultralight will not be that price next year. They will be going up. I spoke to one of there pro staffers and they even said they are losing money on that gun not making much. All you have to do is look the barrel up thats a 800 dollar barrel all day just to buy. Than the machined action to boot. The Christianson is 700 bucks more and will not be as accurate period

Offline Apples

• Hunter
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2020, 06:56:11 AM »
Anything shake loose on finding one, I am very interested in the 6.5 PRC.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2020, 06:58:52 AM »

Offline bustedoldman

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
  • TEAM Potbelly Stallions
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2020, 08:03:34 AM »
I was very intrested in the savage ultralight. But once i got one in my hands i knew i didnt want it that bad. The first strike is there amazing "high quality" stocks. Second for just alittle more money you can get alot more rifle from other companies. And 3rd was the barrel length. I will be buying a tikka or a Christensen. I know savages are damn fine shooter but i hate how their top of the line hunting rifle still feels cheep

I agree that it does feel cheap in the hands....I bought a Browning Hells Canyon for less, running less than .5 moa on it regardless of who is shooting. It's killed 5 deer and a antelope this year. I have savages as well that shoot great, but at that price point you would have thought there would have been some stock improvement.

Offline highside74

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2020, 09:04:03 AM »
If somebody made a nice stock for Savage I would buy an ultralite but no matter how hard I look I can't seem to find one. I was set to buy a Ridgeline but I really don't like that the bolt doesn't lock, it only has a 2 position safety and no box magazine. Then there is issues with accuracy on some Ridgelines. So the Savage seems like the ticket, everybody says they're extremely accurate but the stock is just janky. When I went looked at it I didn't think it was that bad but it's not great. Nobody's made custom stocks for the Savage 110 action that's been around for a hundred does anyone think they might start now?

Offline bustedoldman

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Longhunter
  • TEAM Potbelly Stallions
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2020, 10:00:33 AM »
If somebody made a nice stock for Savage I would buy an ultralite but no matter how hard I look I can't seem to find one. I was set to buy a Ridgeline but I really don't like that the bolt doesn't lock, it only has a 2 position safety and no box magazine. Then there is issues with accuracy on some Ridgelines. So the Savage seems like the ticket, everybody says they're extremely accurate but the stock is just janky. When I went looked at it I didn't think it was that bad but it's not great. Nobody's made custom stocks for the Savage 110 action that's been around for a hundred does anyone think they might start now?

B&C makes them, about $250, HS Precision $4-600....Prob several others??
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 10:08:55 AM by bustedoldman »

Offline BUTTER

• Scout
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2020, 11:12:59 AM »
Love my Ultralite. Stock Meh, accuracy insane.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal