collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: DNR land east of cascades closed  (Read 12342 times)

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
Re: DNR land east of cascades closed
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2020, 12:50:04 AM »
Rough crowd.

Remind me  not to tell you all about the Washington goat tag my son got the whole season for and still got his points back.  LOL
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2020, 07:57:44 AM »
One of the stupidest things wdfw has done. :bash:

Not even close ;)

Offline jaredwitman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2020, 08:40:56 AM »
Rough crowd.

Remind me  not to tell you all about the Washington goat tag my son got the whole season for and still got his points back.  LOL

Okay, I've got to hear this!

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2020, 08:52:08 AM »
One of the stupidest things wdfw has done. :bash:

Not even close ;)

Well I said one of. But the list is really long.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2020, 09:52:09 AM »
I certainly don't fault the guys that followed the DNR closure and turned in their tags after 6 days.  I am not sure I like the option they were given.  I feel like if you got to hunt half of the season you should at the very least lose half of your points.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Mtnwalker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2020, 10:07:03 AM »
So late to the conversation but I was one of the clockum archery bull tag holders. If you were able to check your emails,  the game department gave you an option to return your permit to restore your points. It just had to be post marked within 7 days of your hunts opening day. I hunted pretty hard for 6 days with not hardly any bulls talking. But did see some true B&C bulls. I did return my permit, no regrets and wasn’t willing to hang 18 points on the line for maybe 5 or 6 days of the bulls possibly getting fired up. I look at it as I got 6 days of practice run for when I get drawn next time plus through this forum I was able to broaden my horizons in the clockum that I’ve hunted for 20 years and thought I knew quite well.

Even given the conditions, your odds of sticking it out and killing a bull IMO were way higher than your odds of ever pulling the tag again. Or at least they should have been.  :dunno:

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2020, 10:30:09 AM »
So late to the conversation but I was one of the clockum archery bull tag holders. If you were able to check your emails,  the game department gave you an option to return your permit to restore your points. It just had to be post marked within 7 days of your hunts opening day. I hunted pretty hard for 6 days with not hardly any bulls talking. But did see some true B&C bulls. I did return my permit, no regrets and wasn’t willing to hang 18 points on the line for maybe 5 or 6 days of the bulls possibly getting fired up. I look at it as I got 6 days of practice run for when I get drawn next time plus through this forum I was able to broaden my horizons in the clockum that I’ve hunted for 20 years and thought I knew quite well.

Even given the conditions, your odds of sticking it out and killing a bull IMO were way higher than your odds of ever pulling the tag again. Or at least they should have been.  :dunno:

Last year, a guy was 5x more likely to shoot an elk there than draw the tag with 18 points.  Even if the odds went down 75% this year you are still right.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2020, 10:32:27 AM »
WDFW seems to inflict random acts of violence and compassion.  My daughter drew a tag you had to wait for a call to hunt.  Call from WDFW never came, they wouldn't give points back.  She lost her points for a tag she never could hunt.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2020, 10:49:36 AM »
WDFW seems to inflict random acts of violence and compassion.  My daughter drew a tag you had to wait for a call to hunt.  Call from WDFW never came, they wouldn't give points back.  She lost her points for a tag she never could hunt.

Been there myself. 

It doesn't feel good
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Jonathan_S

• Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2020, 11:02:27 AM »

Agreed.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline sjhgraysage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2020, 11:32:06 AM »
I do know this for sure.
I got an email from the WDW regarding returning my permit shortly after the DNR announcing the closure. It included a phone number as well as instructions. The instruction I got were that my returned permit would have to be post marked on or before 9/26/2020. My opening day for the permit is 9/28/2020.
I called number in the email and talked to the person who answered and he stated again that if I wanted to return the permit and get my points back the returned envelope with the permit in it had to be postmarked no later than 9/26/2020.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2020, 11:38:06 AM »
I do know this for sure.
I got an email from the WDW regarding returning my permit shortly after the DNR announcing the closure. It included a phone number as well as instructions. The instruction I got were that my returned permit would have to be post marked on or before 9/26/2020. My opening day for the permit is 9/28/2020.
I called number in the email and talked to the person who answered and he stated again that if I wanted to return the permit and get my points back the returned envelope with the permit in it had to be postmarked no later than 9/26/2020.
That is what I would expect the email and the company line to be.  You have to return it before the hunt and certainly not after you have tested the water for 6 days.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2020, 11:39:45 AM »
^ That's what it ought to be.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »
Well, do we know the points actually were restored after being able to hunt for six days? We know he THINKS that's the case. But maybe not.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2020, 12:12:53 PM »
Well, do we know the points actually were restored after being able to hunt for six days? We know he THINKS that's the case. But maybe not.
I am curious about that as well.  I would love to see the actual email and how it is worded.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]