collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Is he legal?  (Read 7034 times)

Offline HikerHunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, NWTF, NRA, WHEIA
Re: Is he legal?
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2020, 02:19:19 PM »

I almost started an exact same thread, but with an elk. I'm not shooting either one.

DO IT,  I feel that a lot of hunters can learn from these type threads...…..And they are fun to read all the comments  ;) ;) :chuckle:

Nock Nock, here it is:
https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,253059.0.html

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2020, 10:21:31 AM »
Those both look at least close enough to satisfy a game warden and I bet they are right at that inch mark. Specially the one on his right side that look to be 2-3 inches.

Offline 10thmountainarcher

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2020, 10:25:12 AM »
Those both look at least close enough to satisfy a game warden and I bet they are right at that inch mark. Specially the one on his right side that look to be 2-3 inches.

I wouldn’t ever say anything is close enough to satisfy a game warden.

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2020, 11:22:54 AM »

I have had this discussion with gameys in person. Every gamey will have a slightly different take of course but where a point starts and what makes a point is a little subjective. But if it’s within an 1/4 of an inch I would bet the vast majority of the time they will give it to you. And more things can be counted as a point then what some people realize.

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2020, 12:27:57 PM »

I have had this discussion with gameys in person. Every gamey will have a slightly different take of course but where a point starts and what makes a point is a little subjective. But if it’s within an 1/4 of an inch I would bet the vast majority of the time they will give it to you. And more things can be counted as a point then what some people realize.

Can you elaborate? I always thought the only thing you could count as points were points. :chuckle:
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2020, 12:46:53 PM »

Can you elaborate? I always thought the only thing you could count as points were points. :chuckle:
My guess is he is talking about burrs around the bases.  Some of those can get to 1".
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2020, 01:00:30 PM »

My guess is he is talking about burrs around the bases.  Some of those can get to 1".

Exactly. Junk around the bases can make the difference between going home with a ticket or a animal.

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2020, 01:16:03 PM »
Junk around the bases........sounds like a true spike... :yike: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2020, 05:14:37 PM »
Too close for me.  I passed on an almost identical buck during modern general in the Chiwawa a few years ago, I thought it would more likely than not make 1".  I wasn't trophy hunting, double the length and he'd have gone home with me.  Ended up the only buck i saw that season that might have been legal, no regrets.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2020, 05:59:01 PM »

Exactly. Junk around the bases can make the difference between going home with a ticket or a animal.

I'd say not shooting a questionable deer has a much better chance of going home without a ticket.
Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2020, 06:48:30 AM »
 :yeah:
Can't say I have ever been that desperate.

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2020, 09:23:09 AM »

I'd say not shooting a questionable deer has a much better chance of going home without a ticket.

Agreed

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal