collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: TACOM HQ Structured Barrels  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Windwalker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
TACOM HQ Structured Barrels
« on: September 15, 2020, 10:44:08 PM »
Interesting stuff-

https://tacomhq.com/

You feel it’s different. You feel it doesn’t whip, it doesn't jump. It’s dead.” ~ Eduardo Fontcuberta, Master Sniper Instructor.

“It's different (...) I track a lot easier on target.” - Paul Phillips, 3x World Champion and 2019 Ko2M Champion

"Interruptions in conformity of any system can impede the resonance of any negative effects within the matrices of its composition." ~ Rex Tibor, Rex Defense LLC

These barrels are designed to be harmonically dead, thus they require little to no load development.
They exhibit Increased barrel life.
All structured barrels are machined from a solid, barrel blank.
TACOM HQ can harmonically treat any barrel with three industry-new aftermarket finishes.
Structuring, a deep hole drill pattern around the bore resists sinusoidal harmonics via axial compression.
As one hole bends, one side of it undergoes tension and the other compression.
This triggers the hole opposite of it in the pattern, to undergo compression and tension, 180 degrees out of sync.
Opposing force vectors cancel out.
Structuring is not a sleeve to prevent different thermodynamic expansion coefficients.
the TACOM HQ fallen angel consists of a multi-directional threads cut at varying lengths and pitches resists surface translated harmonics.
It also creates a high density fin count to dissipate heat for harmonics rapidly change with temperature.
Dimples, cores offset perpendicular to Structure resist harmonics generated from rifling and the chamber.
Also extracts weight from the barrel while maintaining maximum strength around chamber.
Harmonics propagate efficiently through uniform material structures.
Structured Barrels alter the homogeneity of barrels to eliminate harmonic translation section-to-section.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -- Tom Paine
The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor, Success and safety of our bleeding Country depends

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: TACOM HQ Structured Barrels
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 06:39:49 AM »
Very interesting, wonder how much is weighs, looked at the website and only give a percentage. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »
Weight dependent on length.   They do not sell the barrels. They just do the work on your barrel.   Pretty spendy if I remember correctly.  Many say it’s worth it
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:46:32 PM by jasnt »
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline yorketransport

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 09:00:05 PM »
The guy with the glasses is like David Tubb combined with Ted Karagias (from American Rifle Co.).  :chuckle:

All I want to know is do I get a roll cage for my scope to go with the internally fluted super barrel treatment?

Offline Mulie87

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA USPSA
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 12:00:32 AM »
That’s cool, but it’s wayy too much. That’s a very special niche of elr shooting. I guess there’s a place for it with some.

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 12:01:03 AM »
All I want to know is do I get a roll cage for my scope to go with the internally fluted super barrel treatment?

ok, that was pretty fricken funny!  :chuckle:

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal