collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Skokomish boat launch  (Read 730 times)

Offline The Gobble-stopper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Skokomish boat launch
« on: September 18, 2020, 11:26:15 AM »
The skokomish boat launch is still closed! Does anyone know why? And who to contact to hear why and when it will be open. I would really like be able to do some fishing and shell fishing. I checked out the launch at union, was no place left to park. Besides the one next to the power plant/ new hatchery is closer to where I go. I am told the launch was given to the tribe by wdfw, and so far this year have not been able to use it. I have friends coming from Arizona to spend money i wa and I thought I could take em up there late october for the chum. Also I stopped by  the hatchery in hoodsport and asked a tribal member there, why it was closed. He said the tribe got tired of picking up white mans garbage. I said nothing! I have been there numerous times since they took it over and for the most part never seen more then maybe a fish weight or candy wrapper, and who knows who dropped it the tribal members were very helpful and nice. But still does not tell me why or when it will be opening. Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 11:32:36 AM by The Gobble-stopper »

Offline BigGoonTuna

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Skokomish boat launch
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 11:30:15 AM »
Last I heard it was “due to COVID” :rolleyes:

The lack of public launches in the sound is nothing short of infuriating to me.
you can still get gas in heaven, and a drink in kingdom come,
in the meantime, i'll be cleaning my gun

Offline The Gobble-stopper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 11:37:00 AM »
I agree, and seems like we put a lot of money into raising those fish, and only commercials and tribal get the fish. Unless you happen to have enough money to be able to own a home on the water. I spent the money to get a license just for the canal and now I cant use it. You think on that launch they would have made a deal to keep it ooen. And the whole covid thing on that launch does not fly with me. I have never been by anyone at that launch. And surely the launch it self cant catch it. I

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 02:57:48 PM »
That launch in front of the powerhouse was Tacoma Powers. During a relicensing agreement TPU agreed to do a bunch of improvements to the launch area. Put in the hatchery. Turn over Skokomish park and the launch area to the Skoks and pay them I think it was $25 million to sign off on the licensing agreement. TPU still pays for and manages the hatchery. The park, launch, etc were all closed supposedly due to Covid. But the Lucky Dog is still open. So you tell me.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal