collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW going around law makers ????????????  (Read 17239 times)

Offline bbarnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • Mt Saint Helens Rescue .com
WDFW going around law makers ????????????
« on: September 22, 2020, 04:12:21 AM »
 WDFW is trying to go around law makers,on E BIKES.My self and others are seeking answers,to why?They have gone to the attorney generals office to ban E BIKES,on WDFW and sounds like,DNR LANDS in the state.Why I ask?????? to many complaints from other hunters, but I said the law is the law,and it clearly states our bikes are classified as bicycles.MYSELF AND OTHERS have made a major investment in theses bicycles,and with no imput from the user group,tells me where we stand as hunters in this state.In talking with the chief of region 5 law enforcement he said he's for the bike but Olympia is against them.Im urging all of this user group to have your voices heard at your county state and federal level.To myself and others its spreads people out, and gives people a quality of hunt.KEEP OUR PUBLIC LANDS PUBLIC !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Re: WDFW going around law makers ????????????
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 05:48:36 AM »
Its still public land even if its off limits to motorized travel

Offline hawks33

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 06:01:11 AM »
I go back and forth with ebikes. I dont have one, therefore, I'm not biased by an investment into to something being called into question.  I do have atvs and I could get an ebike, but anymore, it seems like it's too easy to get 10 miles into the backcountry or behind gates.  If we truly want to protect this resource, do we want to continue to make it easier to get to animals? You still have to hunt and do the boot work after the ebike ride, I'm just not sure I'm a fan.

There are some places that everyone shouldn't be able to go and after the massive influx of hikers etc into the forests this year, I feel even more strongly about that. The massive amount of garbage being one reason (my experience).  Just seems like we need to limit the "the spread" of hunters into our forests and give mother nature a chance to take care of her critters.  I'll get off my soap box now

Offline bear

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 06:26:09 AM »
If it has a motor, it’s a motorcycle.  Should be used as such.  :twocents:

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 06:26:34 AM »
Good. They shouldn't be classified as a bicycle. Plenty of places to drive motorized vehicles. The lobbying from E-Bike companies and E-Bike owners is distasteful and disingenuous.

Hope the bike is fun though, good way to cover ground quietly in motorized areas :tup:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 06:34:30 AM »
You have to draw the line somewhere and they did that long ago with “no motorized vehicles” an electric motor is a motor.. you start letting electric bikes in then what is next?

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 06:37:30 AM »
Well Hawks33, as an atv owner you should have a dog in this fight.  How do you like the limited riding places in our state already, they make us buy tabs for what?  What's next if they ban a bike that assist the rider a little bit, you don't think ATV's are a bigger problem with how people use them behind gates?  I have both, and this myth that an ebike is like a motorcycle is from people who have never ridden one.  The bike assist you on your ride, you can just push the throttle and go on flats, but if you go up any steep hills, you have to pedal and they don't last 20 miles like they advertise.  I took mine up a 6 mile incline, peddling all the way, and my battery was about 80% dead, it's a brand new 750.  I think people that don't own these bikes don't have a clue about them.  This is just another example of user groups against each other.  If private timber wants to ban all ebikes, that's one thing, but the state banning them on public land is total BS.  I know you have seen what horses do to trails, tell me a bike is worse?  I'm not wanting to point you out on this at all, my post if for all the ebike haters.  If ebikes get banned, maybe horses should too???  And to be clear, I am not for breaking the walk in only rules behind gates, But their are plenty of walk in only gates and gates that you should be able to ride your bike in.  Haters hate, some hate rifle, some hate archery for the amount of animals that don't get found and go off and die!  Some hate muzzy's with 209 and someday scopes.  Lets just keep fighting each other and pretty soon we won't see disabled, or older hunters in the field at all.  I'm sure when I was a younger guy I'd hate ebikes too, but as age creeps up slowly, it's nice to work smarter not harder.  Last rant, what about our damn rights people????  we live in America, we kick azz, we explore, our population is expanding so yeah, there will be more hunters, hikers, anti's , pros......   Get over it, it's a bike with battery, if some guy/gal peddles by you, they could be riding right past that record book blacktail, you never know.  Hunting is exploring, and it's a lot of luck, quit friken crying about what others do, unless they are out to take away your damn rights!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline hawks33

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 06:54:18 AM »
Trophyhunt- not trying to sh*t in any anyones cornflakes, just wanted to be part of this discussion, it's a topic that's been on my mind and I've discussed with many friends. Like I said, I go back and forth on the topic. You're right, as I get older, it would be nice to have something to assist my broken down knees and back :), and I do own atvs. I didnt say I use the atvs for hunting anymore, I havent used one for hunting in a few years.

I support you in hunting, as well as anyone else. But is it not my right to have an opinion and to want to have a good discussion.

You're right again; atvs, horses etc all cause damage...the topic was ebikes and I, like bear, think it's a motorized vehicle. I wish you a great hunting season, be safe

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 06:58:32 AM »
Well Hawks33, as an atv owner you should have a dog in this fight.  How do you like the limited riding places in our state already, they make us buy tabs for what?  What's next if they ban a bike that assist the rider a little bit, you don't think ATV's are a bigger problem with how people use them behind gates?  I have both, and this myth that an ebike is like a motorcycle is from people who have never ridden one.  The bike assist you on your ride, you can just push the throttle and go on flats, but if you go up any steep hills, you have to pedal and they don't last 20 miles like they advertise.  I took mine up a 6 mile incline, peddling all the way, and my battery was about 80% dead, it's a brand new 750.  I think people that don't own these bikes don't have a clue about them.  This is just another example of user groups against each other.  If private timber wants to ban all ebikes, that's one thing, but the state banning them on public land is total BS.  I know you have seen what horses do to trails, tell me a bike is worse?  I'm not wanting to point you out on this at all, my post if for all the ebike haters.  If ebikes get banned, maybe horses should too???  And to be clear, I am not for breaking the walk in only rules behind gates, But their are plenty of walk in only gates and gates that you should be able to ride your bike in.  Haters hate, some hate rifle, some hate archery for the amount of animals that don't get found and go off and die!  Some hate muzzy's with 209 and someday scopes.  Lets just keep fighting each other and pretty soon we won't see disabled, or older hunters in the field at all.  I'm sure when I was a younger guy I'd hate ebikes too, but as age creeps up slowly, it's nice to work smarter not harder.  Last rant, what about our damn rights people????  we live in America, we kick azz, we explore, our population is expanding so yeah, there will be more hunters, hikers, anti's , pros......   Get over it, it's a bike with battery, if some guy/gal peddles by you, they could be riding right past that record book blacktail, you never know.  Hunting is exploring, and it's a lot of luck, quit friken crying about what others do, unless they are out to take away your damn rights!

I don't see anybody "crying" except for the EBike owners  :dunno:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 07:00:55 AM »
Trophyhunt- not trying to sh*t in any anyones cornflakes, just wanted to be part of this discussion, it's a topic that's been on my mind and I've discussed with many friends. Like I said, I go back and forth on the topic. You're right, as I get older, it would be nice to have something to assist my broken down knees and back :), and I do own atvs. I didnt say I use the atvs for hunting anymore, I havent used one for hunting in a few years.

I support you in hunting, as well as anyone else. But is it not my right to have an opinion and to want to have a good discussion.

You're right again; atvs, horses etc all cause damage...the topic was ebikes and I, like bear, think it's a motorized vehicle. I wish you a great hunting season, be safe
:tup:  Didn't mean to make it sound like I was jumping on you, this subject just pisses me off.

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 07:01:19 AM »
Motor=motorized

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 07:04:29 AM »

I don't see anybody "crying" except for the EBike owners  :dunno:
I beg to differ Jon, ebikes have always been complained about on this site and others.  I just see more damage from other groups and think people don't have a clue about ebikes till they ride one.  Also, just to put it out there again, I'm not saying we should ride behind walk in only gates, we should have gates like idaho that keep vehicles out but other uses are welcome. 

Offline jstone

• Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 07:04:49 AM »
Not a fan of them.!!!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2020, 07:09:53 AM »
I'm curious, all you haters, do you have any bad examples of ebike riders in the woods ruining your hunt? Was it behind a non motorized gate or did they just beat you to a spot?  I've been in the woods most my life and don't think I've even seen one in the woods? 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 07:15:45 AM by trophyhunt »

Offline bornhunter

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 07:17:34 AM »
Wont be long and people will want ebikes allowed in wilderness areas.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal