collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW going around law makers ????????????  (Read 17222 times)

Offline Sutherland

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: WDFW going around law makers ????????????
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2020, 12:02:51 PM »
Here comes the popcorn...

Offline predatorpro

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2020, 12:09:18 PM »
Nothing better than watching hunters fighting each other....”i dont like the way you hunt so you shouldnt be able to hunt that way!” Anti hunting groups dont even need to be around anymore...hunters will take their own opportunities away without their help!

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2020, 12:11:15 PM »
People that bend the rules are the reason new rules are put in place.

You wana e bike into gated area's that don't allow motorized access go for it.
Gives me piece of mind knowing you won't ditch your 3k dollar bike into the brush to hunt off the road. So I still have the steep and deep all to myself. Yes, I'm selfish.

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2020, 12:12:57 PM »
Nothing better than watching hunters fighting each other....”i dont like the way you hunt so you shouldnt be able to hunt that way!” Anti hunting groups dont even need to be around anymore...hunters will take their own opportunities away without their help!

And..............."How did you get up here?  Don't you know that I have hunted this area for 30 years and this is MY area?"
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2020, 12:16:32 PM »

This is a thread about motorized bikes on public land not hunting methods so that would be very a weak argument from the pro-ebike perspective. Furthermore this same thing has already been done; new tech emerges and law enforcement/ land managers decide when/where/how/if it can be used. Happened recently with drones and lighted nocks.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2020, 12:19:08 PM »
You have to draw the line somewhere and they did that long ago with “no motorized vehicles” an electric motor is a motor.. you start letting electric bikes in then what is next?

Some guy with an electric wheelchair will be heading down the trail..  lol

I’m going to have tracks on mine.🤣

Oh they are already out there!! I saw a pic of a camo one!  :chuckle: :tup:

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2020, 12:23:52 PM »
Federal rules only apply on federal land.
Huh?  So i can break federal law if I'm not on federal land?
Yep, federal law says you can't smoke marijuana but the state says its ok, translation you can break federal law if you are not on federal land.  Feds say a 750 watt motor isn't a motor, state says a motor is a motor and no motorized vehicles on certain state land.  It's the same as the state closing their land due to fire danger, the national forest is still open for target shooting.

Did you honestly not think you were taking advantage of a loophole when you bought a 750 watt motorized bike versus a 100 watt motorized bike?
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2020, 12:32:21 PM »
Yep, federal law says you can't smoke marijuana but the state says its ok, translation you can break federal law if you are not on federal land.  Feds say a 750 watt motor isn't a motor, state says a motor is a motor and no motorized vehicles on certain state land.  It's the same as the state closing their land due to fire danger, the national forest is still open for target shooting.

Did you honestly not think you were taking advantage of a loophole when you bought a 750 watt motorized bike versus a 100 watt motorized bike?
It's not just the feds muddying up the water.
https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.04.169

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2020, 12:33:18 PM »

I wouldn't say taking advantage, I was trying to stay legal to be honest.  Figured the 750 rules would spread, but that shows how smart I am living in wa where all they do is think of new laws daily.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2020, 12:42:18 PM »

I wouldn't say taking advantage, I was trying to stay legal to be honest.  Figured the 750 rules would spread, but that shows how smart I am living in wa where all they do is think of new laws daily.
:tup: We just see it different.  I think the feds made a new law by saying a 750 watt motor isn't a motor and WDFW says on their land a motor is a motor, electric, gas, 500watts, 750 watts or 1,000 watts it's a motor.

I do think that if ebike owners had lobbied the WDFW to follow the federal definition of a motor there wouldn't be a problem.  The issue is that the state said no motorized vehicles and the ebike users took there motorized bikes behind those signs based on a federal definition of a motor.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Colville

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2020, 12:46:30 PM »
Ultimately, why is there a restriction to motors to begin with?  Part is the degradation of trails and or off road damage. But the real nut, trying to manage the number, frequency and distribution of people into important habitat.  Horses are very thinly owned and used for this purpose. Banning them would have little effect on total users.  E-bikes will become lower cost and more effective.  In time, they'll increase; the number of users, the frequency of use and the depth into the woods those users will penetrate.  It's not a hunting season issue.  We have a very high population base to land ratio.  If nothing is done to create habitat sinks that are rarely visited, it's bad for game.  This isn't a good user/bad user group discussion. The question is, how to keep the forests available to use, without getting to overuse and harm.  I think the no-motorized access is a sound solution and e-bikes may not be a dramatic motor today, but they will certainly get there.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2020, 12:48:48 PM »
 :yeah: Well said.

Offline Hillbilly Zen

• Hunter
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2020, 12:49:31 PM »
I would rather have true wilderness for my children to experience that is only accessible by foot travel at substantial effort Than be able to hunt beyond my prime in such places.  Eff the e-bikes.  The wilderness is far too valuable.  All men are not entitled to reach all places on this planet until their dying day.  As soon as we bend to this mentality we will wipe out all places worth struggling to get to.  We age.  We die.  Our bodies grow and then they deteriorate.  That’s the way of it. 

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2020, 12:49:44 PM »
The rcw linked in jimmy hoffas post does nothing more than define “electric assist bicycle”. It does not say they are or arent motorized according to state law. It also doesnt say where they are or arent allowed.

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2020, 12:53:36 PM »
Amazon says my jet-pack should be here by 5:00!
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand