collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW going around law makers ????????????  (Read 17229 times)

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
Re: WDFW going around law makers ????????????
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2020, 12:54:08 PM »
I would rather have true wilderness for my children to experience that is only accessible by foot travel at substantial effort Than be able to hunt beyond my prime in such places.  Eff the e-bikes.  The wilderness is far too valuable.  All men are not entitled to reach all places on this planet until their dying day.  As soon as we bend to this mentality we will wipe out all places worth struggling to get to.  We age.  We die.  Our bodies grow and then they deteriorate.  That’s the way of it.

As much as it pains my arthritic knees to say it, I totally agree with you !!  I've been to some of those beautiful, pristine wilderness places, and truly hope that they stay that way.
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2020, 01:03:05 PM »
I know for a fact I will not be able to cover as much ground this year as I did 10 years ago and I am good with that.  My guess is I will be just as successful and maybe even more successful.  I will have to slow down and that will probably allow me to see more game that I may have spooked off in my youth or driven by on an eBike. :chuckle:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2020, 02:18:34 PM »
Ultimately, why is there a restriction to motors to begin with?  Part is the degradation of trails and or off road damage. But the real nut, trying to manage the number, frequency and distribution of people into important habitat.  Horses are very thinly owned and used for this purpose. Banning them would have little effect on total users.  E-bikes will become lower cost and more effective.  In time, they'll increase; the number of users, the frequency of use and the depth into the woods those users will penetrate.  It's not a hunting season issue.  We have a very high population base to land ratio.  If nothing is done to create habitat sinks that are rarely visited, it's bad for game.  This isn't a good user/bad user group discussion. The question is, how to keep the forests available to use, without getting to overuse and harm.  I think the no-motorized access is a sound solution and e-bikes may not be a dramatic motor today, but they will certainly get there.
well said,i can agree for these reasons in these areas.if these were the only areas being discussed and this was the only issue being brought forward against all outdoors man and women.and if i thought it would end there.  :tup:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2020, 02:42:45 PM »
WDFW is trying to go around law makers,on E BIKES.My self and others are seeking answers,to why?They have gone to the attorney generals office to ban E BIKES,on WDFW and sounds like,DNR LANDS in the state.Why I ask?????? to many complaints from other hunters, but I said the law is the law,and it clearly states our bikes are classified as bicycles.MYSELF AND OTHERS have made a major investment in theses bicycles,and with no imput from the user group,tells me where we stand as hunters in this state.In talking with the chief of region 5 law enforcement he said he's for the bike but Olympia is against them.Im urging all of this user group to have your voices heard at your county state and federal level.To myself and others its spreads people out, and gives people a quality of hunt.KEEP OUR PUBLIC LANDS PUBLIC !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry your probably screwed with this bunch! :sry:
Funny how democracy is bad only when it's aimed at guns but way cool when it's something the elites don't like.  :chuckle: >:(
Meh! I have ran into motorcycles out in the woods walking Over in the Pomeroy area and was surprised by it, but it was whisper quiet as it passed me on this old logging road or skidder, I was a bit miffed as some of the statements here have said but I now say to each their own. I've often thought of how I might like one that is that quiet save my legs and back etc...
I guess dude find a site that is more friendly to freedom this site isn't!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 02:55:56 PM by csaaphill »
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2020, 02:46:53 PM »
No different than using a motorcycle.  When you can do 20 miles on a charge, they shouldn’t be allowed.  It allows those on motorized bikes to pass by those that are putting in the working.  Lazy hunting at its best.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2020, 02:50:37 PM »
People that bend the rules are the reason new rules are put in place.

You wana e bike into gated area's that don't allow motorized access go for it.
Gives me piece of mind knowing you won't ditch your 3k dollar bike into the brush to hunt off the road. So I still have the steep and deep all to myself. Yes, I'm selfish.
the rule was in place e bikes were not motorized vehicles,there was no bending of the rules.they were not designated so they could be used,the rule change is because hunters complained alongside of other user groups attacking each other all the time.........we could all achieve way more if everyone worked together instead of against each other.everyone that don't see that can take blame in everything they take away from us all.  :twocents:
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2020, 02:59:05 PM »
No different than using a motorcycle.  When you can do 20 miles on a charge, they shouldn’t be allowed.  It allows those on motorized bikes to pass by those that are putting in the working.  Lazy hunting at its best.
is it the same as a group in the back of a truck passing the hunters that are walking up getting dropped off at the top to come down through the canyon?yeah them lazy hunters.who cares if you get passed on the trail,really.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2020, 03:01:09 PM »
Mtn bikes, dirt bikes and e bikes ruined any chance I had at filling a UT Elk tag last year so as far as I'm concerned anything with wheels no further than the trailhead
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2020, 03:05:39 PM »
I've never claimed e bikes are motor vehicles. They are motorized modes of transportation.  The gates I hunt say no motorized access/ motorized access restricted. No segway, no electric scooters, no electric game carts...its really simple. Its not new rules. Your hung up on loosing "rights". Seriously take a breath. There are plenty of places to ride motorized transportation, and very few places left where I can get away from said styles of transportation.  If that mentality makes me a bad person in your eyes so be it. I'll continue to seek my solitude where I can find it.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2020, 03:12:42 PM »
its not a bad thought,your op is yours and that is your right.none of this is about rights its all about 1 stopping another from being able to do something that does not in any way harm anyone or anything.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2020, 03:14:18 PM »
I dunno about having to have "wildlife sinks" or big areas of roadless areas for the sake of wildlife.

I just spent a week in Idaho and there's roads freaking everywhere, and throngs of ATVS behind 50 inch gates and I seen more moose, elk, deer than in any roadless area, or in wa literally anywhere.

Cutblock logging with access everywhere makes for one helluva lot of game!,

this was otc too...its a "meat unit" that puts out a lot of rag horns

They also blast every predator they come across too ;)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline SGTDuffman

• Scout
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2020, 03:18:26 PM »
I don’t understand what part of “no motorized access” is hard to understand. Doesn’t matter if the motor is gas or electric. They’ve never been allowed. They’re still not allowed. You aren’t losing anything. You were never supposed to access these areas with E-bikes in the first place. The fact that is says E-“bike” doesn’t mean it get treated like a bicycle, it has an electric motor, you can’t use it. That’s why that restriction was worded the way it was. They aren’t changing anything, but it seems they have to clarify it for people who don’t know what motors are.

They aren’t allowed there to keep our wild places wild, limit impacts to animals, and mitigate fire dangers.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2020, 03:18:45 PM »
What we need is more roads opened, existing roads cleared out and gates removed.

That'll spread out hunters, then its not a competition to see who can get back further faster....

But he's using a motor!! Not fair!![/i]

Its all crap imo. Squabbling over shrinking access and dwindling game numbers.

We fight, WDFW clamps down, figure out who the real enemy is folks!

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2020, 03:23:09 PM »
I dunno about having to have "wildlife sinks" or big areas of roadless areas for the sake of wildlife.

I just spent a week in Idaho and there's roads freaking everywhere, and throngs of ATVS behind 50 inch gates and I seen more moose, elk, deer than in any roadless area, or in wa literally anywhere.

Cutblock logging with access everywhere makes for one helluva lot of game!,

this was otc too...its a "meat unit" that puts out a lot of rag horns

They also blast every predator they come across too ;)

As one that has family up there and have been there many times not for hunting per see but just to drive along with my brother-in-law or camping yes Idaho is free that way.
A whole lot of stuff that people here cringe on is legal or at least looked the other way on up there. So yeah freedom is up there! :chuckle: :tup:
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline SGTDuffman

• Scout
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2020, 03:26:02 PM »
I'm curious, all you haters, do you have any bad examples of ebike riders in the woods ruining your hunt? Was it behind a non motorized gate or did they just beat you to a spot?  I've been in the woods most my life and don't think I've even seen one in the woods?

I saw a bunch of them going behind locked gates in timber lands closed to everyone for fire danger last week. Outside of the fire closure, motorized access is always forbidden on those properties anyways. Aside from E-bike users, there were tons of “hunters” also disregarding the timber land closures, and the campfire bans on state land as well.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Taco280AI
[Today at 03:45:23 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]