collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Sitting setup?  (Read 1354 times)

Offline NorseNW

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Sitting setup?
« on: September 23, 2020, 10:51:13 AM »
New to this Washington state archery game (3 years in).  I grew up white tail hunting in Pennsylvania (rifle and bow).  Growing up it was never a big walk in to anywhere I hunted.  State lands or farmers fields I worked on in the summer so I would just drag a seat with me.  Rifle hunting was not a big deal as seated up a against a tree was just fine for shooting.  Archery would normally be out of a tree stand.

So far blacktail and elk hunting I'ver remained on the move.  Slow moving and stopping a lot.  I've sat clear cuts in the evening and recently tried sitting on some active trails for last light.  Finding a spot that fits the bill I can shoot from has been difficult.  Seated position against a tree to shot a bow doesn't work well.  Needing to stand up and shoot adds a lot of movement. 

I'm debating trying a seat that straps to a tree.  Seems light and portable.  Get me up off the ground to possible get a shot off from seated.  Just curious what you gents with more experience have done for this situation.  I appreciate any input.

Currently sitting out this 2 inches of rain day in hopes of making a final push on the last day of elk tomorrow with slightly less rain!

Offline NorseNW

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Re: Sitting setup?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 09:41:17 AM »
Well I thought I would update my post with a possible solution I found after too much time searching the interwebs.  I decided to give one of these a try.

Low down hunting seat made by fanatic outdoors

Seems to kid of fit the bill of what I was looking for.  I'm not a huge fan of the legs that collapsible legs just because I'm guessing they will make more noise than I want and will eventually rust.  Maybe a little pre treatment of some kind will help.

I will see how it works out.

Offline HAGEMANIAC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA, NWTF, RMEF, MDF, VFW, USAF
Re: Sitting setup?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 10:47:14 AM »
Lone Wolf used to make an excellent tree seat, would strap to the tree and cam over to secure it. HAWK and Summit both have similar products but just aren't the same, but I'm sure they'd work fine.  Hanging off the side of a tree at ground level can make you stick out like a sore thumb, so be very aware of your backdrop and movement. Maybe set up some cover around your feet, and behind you to break up your outline if possible. 
God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

1x scopes vs open sights by nwhunter
[Today at 03:54:47 AM]

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]