collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 30.06 game/trail camera?  (Read 2547 times)

Offline tank21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
30.06 game/trail camera?
« on: September 24, 2020, 02:31:58 PM »
I have looked through some threads and didn't see what I was looking for so I thought I'd reach out...

Is there a 30.06 of game cameras?  A brand or model that "just works" and covers the vast majority of needs?  Of course the cellular ones are sweet but I want to buy more than one.  I don't think I'd need the LCD screen, I could get a card reader for my phone. 

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: 30.06 game/trail camera?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 02:39:21 PM »
I've always like the Bushnell ones for gold standard... but not really.

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 02:44:31 PM »
My group has had great luck with Moultrie. 
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 02:46:49 PM »
Anything under $60.

My stealth cams last 2-5 years. For the price it's all I expect.  :twocents:

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 02:46:55 PM »
Ive run a lot of different bushnells for the last 8 years, and vsrious models of browning, stealth cam, spypoint.  The bushnells have always been the best.  Ive done numerous tests posting multiple makes and models side by side and the bushnells always do best.  You might think the browning or stealthcam or something was good until you pulled the sd card from the bushnell next to it and all the sudden theres a whole mess of animals the other cams missed.  And ive had function issues of various sorts with all the other cams ive tried, while ive had bushnells out running 24/7/365 for several years straight with no hiccups.  Im sticking with bushnells from now on, done experimenting.   :twocents:

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 03:21:03 PM »
Listen to Bango....

Not sure anyone runs more cameras than him!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline tank21

• Tracker
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 03:40:56 PM »
Awesome, thank you for the input! 

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 05:09:46 PM »
I run almost all wild game innovation cheap cams. They have by far outperformed almost every cam I’ve tried in cold weather. I rarely spend over $60 on any of them and they always work. I just bout a $34 cam from north 40 a wild view and so far it’s taking good pics .

Offline tank21

• Tracker
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 06:44:28 PM »
Wow, that looks like it’ll work.   I maybe off but it seems like having more is better than having better pictures.

Offline emac

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 07:43:50 PM »
I have 25 cams.  As my older cams stop working I am switching to stealth cams. I have had the best success with them and they by far have the best battery life

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 07:45:27 PM »
DEFINITELY go cheap.  They all seem to have a limited lifespan now days.  I have some bushnells that I've had for years now, but if I were to rebuy, I don't think I'd spend more than $100 per camera, and think you could do $60 as previously mentioned.

Any electronic device left out in the weather will fail eventually, if its not stolen first.  No real need anymore to spend hundreds on a camera.

I have old $160 Bushnells, they're good.
I have some less old $90 Bushnells, they're good.
I have a $350 Covert Cell cam, takes good shots, but not so great at sending them.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 08:12:35 PM »
Buy cheap! No electronic device was designed to sit in hot, cold, and wet and expected to last forever. They don’t and won’t! I just shake my head when I see guys buying $200 cams! Complete waste of money

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 08:24:28 PM »
I currently run 12 cameras9 of the 12 are currently moultrie.  .  If I had to list manufacturers (that I've owned) from high to low based on my experiences it would be;

1.  Cuddeback
2.  Bushnell / moultrie
3.  Stealthcam
4.  spypoint

The cuddeback is more expensive but hands down take some of the best night pics.  They also are the cameras that are least disturbed by wind / grass / birds.  If I have to put a camera in an area with tall grass, shrubs, or a very windy area......it would be a cuddeback hands down. 

Bushnell and Moultrie cams have always been my go to based on price.  Each brand has their high end cams and their economy cams if you will.....I typically pay less than $100 per cam and they all work.  My moultrie A35's have been bomb proof to this point. 

stealthcam....In all fairness, I have only ran two of their cams and they were the cheaper ones.  The night pics full on suck and the trigger time is something to be desired. 

Spypoint....they only camera I have ever thrown away before it's life cycle naturally ended.  With that said, I am very intrigued by their newer cams and will likely try one again. 

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 08:31:21 PM »

Spypoint....they only camera I have ever thrown away before it's life cycle naturally ended.  With that said, I am very intrigued by their newer cams and will likely try one again. 

Id advise against it.  Thought they were great st first.  Their detection range is awesome, super quick recovery speeds, dont miss nothin.  That was my first impression so i bought a bunch.  Force 10, force 11d, and force dark.  Ive had problems with each type, 2 of each at least.  Night pics jet black, flash not working.  Randomly geeking out and changing to random dates,   one that randomly turned itself off with full batteries, several that take random weird pics cut into 3 or 4 sections like a collage with purple ,/ green / blue colors.  An unacceptable number of malfunctions.  When theyre not pulling stupid crap though theyre great  :rolleyes:

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2020, 08:33:35 PM »
Covert is another I’ll never own. POS !

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal