collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: House Hunting- WTB  (Read 1803 times)

Online Bowhunter3

• Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: House Hunting- WTB
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 05:51:33 AM »
I appreciate everybodyís input/advice/experiences. We know itís going to be tough to find what we are looking for. We had been casually looking for the last couple months and there were a lot of places that met our criteria and price range, but of course now that we are ready to buy theres barely anything.  We are okay with manufactured depending on condition. Love old farm houses. We are open to houses that need a little work, but we have gone to look at a couple that need work and are still priced like they are brand new. Itís insane. We donít need(or really want) a big house. Right around 1000-1400 would be ideal but we are open to a little smaller/bigger. We are constantly looking on Redfin, Homesnap, Zillow, Craigslist, plus our realtor is doing everything she can to find something we like. I am slowly convincing the wife to move further north/East but one step at a time there. Even looking further up to sedro or out to Darrington doesnít produce much more. My biggest thing is the shop(or room for one) and a little seclusion. She is more focused on the inside of the houses and location. I never imagined finding a house would be this difficult. My mom(our realtor) has been in real estate since I was a little kid and even she said she canít believe this. She also sees prices calming down in the hopefully near future. But we are also trying to take advantage of these incredibly low rates as well. Anyways thanks again everyone. The hunt continues  :tup:

Online Bowhunter3

• Political Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 05:53:21 AM »
For 500K you can buy 40+ acres in WI with house and plenty of outbuildings.  ;)

I would say you donít know how tempting that is, but I think we all know you do :chuckle: ;)

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2020, 07:24:12 AM »
I appreciate everybodyís input/advice/experiences. We know itís going to be tough to find what we are looking for. We had been casually looking for the last couple months and there were a lot of places that met our criteria and price range, but of course now that we are ready to buy theres barely anything.  We are okay with manufactured depending on condition. Love old farm houses. We are open to houses that need a little work, but we have gone to look at a couple that need work and are still priced like they are brand new. Itís insane. We donít need(or really want) a big house. Right around 1000-1400 would be ideal but we are open to a little smaller/bigger. We are constantly looking on Redfin, Homesnap, Zillow, Craigslist, plus our realtor is doing everything she can to find something we like. I am slowly convincing the wife to move further north/East but one step at a time there. Even looking further up to sedro or out to Darrington doesnít produce much more. My biggest thing is the shop(or room for one) and a little seclusion. She is more focused on the inside of the houses and location. I never imagined finding a house would be this difficult. My mom(our realtor) has been in real estate since I was a little kid and even she said she canít believe this. She also sees prices calming down in the hopefully near future. But we are also trying to take advantage of these incredibly low rates as well. Anyways thanks again everyone. The hunt continues  :tup:
[/quote
Did you look at the one i linked earlier in Sedro, 5 ac, shop etc for under 500k?
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Online Bowhunter3

• Political Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2020, 07:39:43 AM »
[/quote
Did you look at the one i linked earlier in Sedro, 5 ac, shop etc for under 500k?

I did, thank you for sharing it. I showed that to the wife when it first popped up and she is still in the air about it as far as the location goes. We have a couple to look at today and then might go check it out. Itís everything I want, but apparently I have to compromise a little for her :chuckle: but all it took was a trip out to look at one in big lake and she went from McMurray being the furthest north to big lake being the furthest. Just gotta work on her some more lol.  Again, thank you!

Online JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2020, 08:22:49 AM »
This year is just crazy in general.  Probably get a few things to either stabilize or go extra crazy after the election.
For housing construction, there has been a shortage/delay in building materials this year.  Prices have gone up on quite a few things making it much more expensive to build; so more have to buy existing homes.  Some materials have tripled in price.  With the fires in the West, the hurricanes in the South and the rioting in the Lefty cities unlikely the demand will slow for a while.

Online fishnfur

• Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2020, 08:30:03 AM »
MLS# 1660841
ďWhen I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.Ē  - Will Rogers

Online fishnfur

• Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2020, 08:34:01 AM »
MLS# 1668727
ďWhen I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.Ē  - Will Rogers

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2020, 08:41:32 AM »
We were looking in another area and seeing the same thing.  We were looking for almost the exact same thing as you but with a few more bedrooms. There were a number of houses available beginning of the year, but by the time we were ready to pull the trigger there were very few and prices were astronomical. We ended up getting very fortunate on a great place, not all we wanted but enough that we are happy. We did end up going to the very top end of our budget plus a bit.

A word of warning, mortgage companies, appraisers, and inspectors are slammed. We barely met deadline for inspection and ended up having to get an extension for the appraisal and subsequent closing.

Good luck!

Online fishnfur

• Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2020, 09:05:51 AM »
last one:  MLS# 1668635

Online Bowhunter3

• Political Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 11:24:19 AM »
This year is just crazy in general.  Probably get a few things to either stabilize or go extra crazy after the election.
For housing construction, there has been a shortage/delay in building materials this year.  Prices have gone up on quite a few things making it much more expensive to build; so more have to buy existing homes.  Some materials have tripled in price.  With the fires in the West, the hurricanes in the South and the rioting in the Lefty cities unlikely the demand will slow for a while.

Agreed

Online Bowhunter3

• Political Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2020, 11:25:23 AM »
We were looking in another area and seeing the same thing.  We were looking for almost the exact same thing as you but with a few more bedrooms. There were a number of houses available beginning of the year, but by the time we were ready to pull the trigger there were very few and prices were astronomical. We ended up getting very fortunate on a great place, not all we wanted but enough that we are happy. We did end up going to the very top end of our budget plus a bit.

A word of warning, mortgage companies, appraisers, and inspectors are slammed. We barely met deadline for inspection and ended up having to get an extension for the appraisal and subsequent closing.

Good luck!

Itís really insane! Glad you guys found the right deal! Appreciate it

Online Bowhunter3

• Political Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2020, 11:27:22 AM »

Thanks fishnfur! This last one is the one we are going to view in a few hours. Went by for a quick peek this morning and liked it, just waiting for the wife to get off work.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Political Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Legend
  • NRA Life, MH, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2020, 01:04:30 PM »
I have a feeling the housing market will topple a bit before December. If you can wait a bit you might save some money. That is unless you're trying to sell, as well. Once these people who've been deferring Fanny and Freddie M. mortgages start defaulting, there's going to be a load of real estate on the market, IMHO. Just a guess.  :dunno:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Online fishnfur

• Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2020, 09:31:08 PM »

Thanks fishnfur! This last one is the one we are going to view in a few hours. Went by for a quick peek this morning and liked it, just waiting for the wife to get off work.

No problem man.  I like sorting through the crap and finding diamonds.  They all looked pretty good.  Seems to me part of the rapid price increases has to do with the lack of law and order in the city.  Hope you find the house of your dreams.  If none of these are perfect, I'd be patient and check new listings on Johnlscott.com every morning (using the map feature) .  Click on "search homes" on just left of center on the top, then zoom down to the area you are interested in.  Click on the criteria tab and enter the house of your dreams and see what comes up. 

Check back every day without fail.  Good houses are gone within hours sometimes.  You have to be ready to pull the trigger when you get a shot at what you want.  When the market is like this, you have to go all in. 

Good luck!

Online Boss .300 winmag

• Best Biggie Blogger
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Explorer
  • DAN-O CAN'T TAKE BIGGIE PICS
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2020, 09:39:53 PM »
You would be love our place, but wife wonít move with grandkid in the area.🤬
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc On!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Wtt 5.56 ss109's by Alchase
[Today at 07:03:48 PM]

People on Cams by h20hunter
[Today at 06:59:11 PM]

2020 Deer post em here by grundy53
[Today at 06:57:21 PM]

Kuiu Items for Sale by elksnout
[Today at 06:57:02 PM]

Calling Cougars? by Bango skank