collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho 2021 Cost Increase for Non Res  (Read 11916 times)

Offline highcountry_hunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Idaho 2021 Cost Increase for Non Res
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 02:06:30 PM »
Spend the extra money to have a quality hunting experience vs save money by staying at home and see 1/4 the big game you did 15 years ago. Choices

Offline theleo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 02:12:12 PM »
$231.75 for bear and $204.50 for lion now.  Up from $180 per.  Guess if a guy wants to do otc spring bear, it is what it is.
Imagine the sort of money Washington and Oregon could bring in from NR lion hunters if they allowed hounds again...

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2020, 02:15:56 PM »
Might skip Idaho next year and go to another state now that their tags are at par.

The cheaper Idaho NR tags was a factor

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2020, 02:45:08 PM »
Theyre O K with the revenue they collect as it is but want the same amount of money with less non res hunters.  Same money, less hunters.
I havent seen any reduction in nonresident quotas. Just increase cost.
They passed a law this year allowing IDFG to limit NR tags to 10% of the historical 5 year average participation for hunts and units that were previously uncapped (*there has always been a total limit to NR Elk tags, but many zones had no specific caps for NRs beyond the total).  I believe this will mostly result in caps on NR A tags for various zones that didn't already have NR limits.  I don't think it will have much effect on deer, given those are statewide.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline elkchaser54

• Scout
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2020, 03:49:57 PM »
$81.75 for an archery stamp ... that part hurts the most .

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2020, 04:00:23 PM »

That is just greedy
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2020, 05:04:13 PM »

That is just greedy

I do wonder if this pushes some people away.  Some tags are neat because they offer additional opportunity.  When it was $20 you were like, sure, why not?  Now that its $80, you might have to consider if that 1% success during muzzy is really worth it, or maybe you just buy a rifle-prominent tag and save yourself $80 or $160...

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2020, 05:13:09 PM »

That is just greedy

Think of it like a multi season tag. People are happy to pay that much extra in Washington for a multi season tag.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2020, 05:33:57 PM »

That is just greedy

Think of it like a multi season tag. People are happy to pay that much extra in Washington for a multi season tag.

Yes but not on top of a 600 dollar tag and also having to travel long distances potentially to hunt. Also a lot of multi season is done for the option of application season

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2020, 09:23:53 PM »
 This happened last time and the time before... Every time a state raises their prices people freak out and say they are going to quit or go somewhere else... doesn't matter, if they don't sell out the 1st year after an increase, they will the following year.
This is an expensive hobby, the sad part is what they did with the youth.... that will stop families just because its completely too much to afford for many.

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2020, 09:39:09 PM »
$231.75 for bear and $204.50 for lion now.  Up from $180 per.  Guess if a guy wants to do otc spring bear, it is what it is.
Imagine the sort of money Washington and Oregon could bring in from NR lion hunters if they allowed hounds again...

$185 license + $231.75 tag (full price tag required to hunt non bait / hound units) = $416.75 for a non resident to do an otc spot n stalk bear hunt in idaho.  Contrast that with $222.50 for NR bear license / tag in washington.  and now with our august 1st opener statewide (idaho fall season opens aug 30th), for anybody wanting to do a spot and stalk bear hunt in the lower 48, its a no brainer.  People tend to not even notice washington as non residents, but i do think with our new regs and very reasonable nr bear prices, combined with our healthy bear population and high occurence of color phases, wa should be a destination state for bear hunters.  It just hasnt been noticed yet.  Theres no reason washington shouldnt be selling plenty of non res bear licenses now that the east side is open in august.  Lots of non residents go to idaho, but really our fall season is now better than their spring season.  I imagine people will figure it out soon.  Half the price, more bears, better timing.  Would be a good thing all around if washington saw an influx of nr bear hunters.  May be the one thing that will keep it from being a big draw is the poor hide quality in august.

Offline Go Blue

• Tracker
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2020, 10:02:51 AM »
Idaho will still be cheaper then Oregon. You will still see Washington hunters heading that way.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2020, 10:09:01 AM »

$185 license + $231.75 tag (full price tag required to hunt non bait / hound units) = $416.75 for a non resident to do an otc spot n stalk bear hunt in idaho.  Contrast that with $222.50 for NR bear license / tag in washington.  and now with our august 1st opener statewide (idaho fall season opens aug 30th), for anybody wanting to do a spot and stalk bear hunt in the lower 48, its a no brainer.  People tend to not even notice washington as non residents, but i do think with our new regs and very reasonable nr bear prices, combined with our healthy bear population and high occurence of color phases, wa should be a destination state for bear hunters.  It just hasnt been noticed yet.  Theres no reason washington shouldnt be selling plenty of non res bear licenses now that the east side is open in august.  Lots of non residents go to idaho, but really our fall season is now better than their spring season.  I imagine people will figure it out soon.  Half the price, more bears, better timing.  Would be a good thing all around if washington saw an influx of nr bear hunters.  May be the one thing that will keep it from being a big draw is the poor hide quality in august.

Canada's closed border will help with that.  I think a bunch of people fly/drive right over WA on their way to BC.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2020, 10:34:49 AM »
Nobody likes price increases, but Idaho was less than some other states and is now more on par, I fully expect tags to sell out early again.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2020, 11:16:17 AM »
Nobody likes price increases, but Idaho was less than some other states and is now more on par, I fully expect tags to sell out early again.

Being still basically over the counter for majority of the hunts, of course with the quota, will keep people buying tags despite the price increase. It will chase a few off and maybe things won't sell out as fast but they most likely still will  :twocents:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal