collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho 2021 Cost Increase for Non Res  (Read 11917 times)

Offline Onewhohikes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Idaho 2021 Cost Increase for Non Res
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2020, 12:47:40 PM »
It's a sign of the times unfortunately

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2020, 01:33:37 PM »
Double the price and cut the tags available in half immediately.
Please Idaho hurry.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2020, 02:16:50 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/363553580669165/videos/1259554687762437/

I seen this, the guy on the ATV calls himself Blacksheep. His trailers are awesome!

I got to looking for those trailers after seeing them all over the place.  I seen this load of 3 elk go by.  1 small rag and two cows looked like at the time.

For those w/o facebook, a screenshot.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 02:43:17 PM by KFhunter »

Offline big wood

• Longhunter
  • hit em on the high note
  • Groups: wsta,nra,mba
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2020, 04:39:17 PM »
Good, then I don't have to scramble to get my tags every year

Offline SpicyTacos

• Hunter
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2020, 01:12:10 PM »
I can not wait to go to Idaho next year. See you guys there!!!

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2020, 05:08:41 PM »
To limit NR hunters it appears IDFG will require the purchase of a unit specific tag for deer for non-residents next year.  Not final yet - but that is the proposal.  They will look at past NR participation and cap each unit to 10-15% of the five year average.  I'm not sure this will reduce total NR tags all that much, but it will be a big change in that you can only hunt one unit...no more hunting anywhere the season is open, pick your unit and that's it. 
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2020, 07:50:06 PM »
To limit NR hunters it appears IDFG will require the purchase of a unit specific tag for deer for non-residents next year.  Not final yet - but that is the proposal.  They will look at past NR participation and cap each unit to 10-15% of the five year average.  I'm not sure this will reduce total NR tags all that much, but it will be a big change in that you can only hunt one unit...no more hunting anywhere the season is open, pick your unit and that's it.
is this new info or just going off the previously released management proposals? Personally I was hoping they would go to a zone system like elk but im not too tore up about a single region tag
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2020, 08:05:47 PM »
I'm not digging that idea.  :o

Offline goosehunter12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Tracker
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2020, 08:18:07 PM »
Agree, at least if it were zones like elk that would be better

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2020, 08:26:49 PM »
is this new info or just going off the previously released management proposals? Personally I was hoping they would go to a zone system like elk but im not too tore up about a single region tag
New information, decision could be made later this week. 

https://idfg.idaho.gov/about/commission/november-quarterly-meeting-commission-0?utm_source=idfg-website&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=home-featured
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2020, 08:28:54 PM »
These threads get old. Idaho Finally moved there prices up to other western states cost. That includes the youth prices they are now close to Montana etc. it was overdue and Idaho is still the only good western state with otc tags.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2020, 08:30:22 PM »
New information, decision could be made later this week. 

https://idfg.idaho.gov/about/commission/november-quarterly-meeting-commission-0?utm_source=idfg-website&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=home-featured

Thank you. They better figure it out quick. Tags going on sale soon
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2020, 08:36:51 PM »
I'm cool with the price increases... :tup:

Having to choose one unit, not so much. I'm a 2-5 unit a year type of guy spread out over two months some years..I wouldn't be able to o pick just one.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2020, 11:28:04 PM »
These threads get old. Idaho Finally moved there prices up to other western states cost. That includes the youth prices they are now close to Montana etc. it was overdue and Idaho is still the only good western state with otc tags.

problem with that is I have seen guys post AZ,NV,NM and UT prices and how ID is now up there with them yet those states quality is FAR superior than ID. Most non residents are not hunting the mentioned states as a OTC opportunity and are playing the point game and drawing great tags. I and others sure as hell are not paying those prices to hunt OTC in those states. Ill gladly pay NV $1,200 knowing what type of hunt is in store. Same with UT when I draw and the hunt I am in for. Not even the same as ID.

The over crowding in ID is a RESIDENT PROBLEM! the same NR cap on tags has been the same for decades! the change is 40k new resident hunters in last 20 years

Online go4steelhd

• Sourdough
  • MT Wild Sheep Foundation Life Time Member
  • Groups: go4steelhd
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2020, 05:30:14 AM »
Idaho is one of the few states that you can go buy a deer and elk tag over the counter. I disagree on the quality. I will say you have to work harder in Idaho than most other states for success. But I have killed a high 170’s or low 180’s buck each year that I have went for the last 5 years or so. I seen two bulls killed this year that were 330 class. One was by two guys from Washington, the other was a 330-340 bull that was killed 200 yards behind me by a resident.
The price change for deer will have little effect on non residents buying a tag. Elk tags jumping to $650 may slow things down for a while.

I hate seeing that non residents will have to pick a unit to go hunt. I have a feeling that will end my hunting in Idaho way faster than the price increase.

The thing that Bothers me the most about it is it’s due to residents complaining about non resident pressure. I counted 25 + non resident plates opening morning in unit 39 in 1998. Not much has changed as far as pressure. The only real change is there were deer everywhere then compared to now. They are still there and there are some good ones, but it’s a hunt to find them.

Anyways my complaints will change nothing. :dunno:
NW__HUNTER Instagram

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal